Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 8:07:33 PM EDT
Hello all,

A few years ago I moved from AL to NJ.  Well I'm still in NJ and plan on being here for a while.  I stored my rifles at my mom's in AL.  Can I mail my rifles from AL to myself in NJ or do I need to send from FFL to FFL?

Robert
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
As the guns are still your personal property, no "transfer" is taking place when you mail the guns to yourself from your prior residence in AL.

It's perfectly OK for you to either go pick them up and drive them back with you, or have your mom mail your property to you in NJ.

The guns must be legal in NJ, of course - any that aren't will have to stay in AL, as you couldn't legally bring those in with you when you moved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
While legal under federal law it may not be legal under NJ state or local law.  In NJ you are required to have a FID card to purchase BB's and a pistol permit to possess a BB pistol. Check with the NJ State Police or local PD.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like it would be better to move back anyway... Good luck
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Well....

Its better to move back home to mother.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.

I have the FID card, only took 4 months.  The rifles are just some that have been in the family .22 Winchester 1906 and a .32 Rimfire Stevens Model 44.  No handguns.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say I should move back.  I'll stay here for a while make some money and take advantage of the city and the other "cultural" things in the large metro area of DC to Boston.  It is always easy to pick up later go back to AL get a big truck,a bass boat and as many guns as I want.  Just taking advantage of my surroundings while I can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top