Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 2:05:29 PM EDT
Well, it seems that searching the "General" forum is disabled, so I'll have to post this as a question instead of being able to search for it myself:

As anyone aware of a list of attorneys that are capable of setting up an NFA Living Trust? I'm not confident that Quicken Willmaker or whatever other trust creation software that is out there is the right approach when it comes to loosing everything if an NFA item isn't properly documented and possesed.

Or, does anyone know of a lawyer/firm in Arizona?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit the home town forum for AZ and ask there too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hit the home town forum for AZ and ask there too.

Will do. Didn't know about that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Now THAT is what I was looking for. THANKS!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I've been to that site before. Does anyone have any other references? I'd really like to deal with someone that an ARFCOM member has dealt with.

I work with lawyers every single day. As with all professions there are good ones and lousy ones. I'm really looking for a direct referral.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#6]
any reason you're considering a trust over forming a LLC?

all my NFA stuff is held by a LLC..makes it a lot easier to let other people use your stuff. family, etc. when you're not around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

all my NFA stuff is held by a LLC..makes it a lot easier to let other people use your stuff. family, etc. when you're not around.

I was under the impression that the options for NFA were:

1) personally apply for NFA approval

2) NFA Trust (which I believe allows anybody named in the trust to use the equipment protected by the trust)

Is there a third option?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was under the impression that the options for NFA were:

1) personally apply for NFA approval

2) NFA Trust (which I believe allows anybody named in the trust to use the equipment protected by the trust)

Is there a third option?

virtually any legal entity can own NFA stuff.

person, trust, LLC, corporation to name a few.

the trust, LLC and corp are interesting options because you get to bypass a lot of the bullshit like CLEO signoffs, fingerprints and annoying things like that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

the trust, LLC and corp are interesting options because you get to bypass a lot of the bullshit like CLEO signoffs, fingerprints and annoying things like that.

Correct.  Having said that, there's usually more overhead with maintaining an LLC, such as filing an annual report with the state along with a fee.
Can you not get a CLEO signoff in your area?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. Having said that, there's usually more overhead with maintaining an LLC, such as filing an annual report with the state along with a fee.

Can you not get a CLEO signoff in your area?

I agree. I think a Trust is the easiest route in the long term, but once again, I'd like a lawyer to counsult with about this.

I have no idea about CLEO signoff. Being fingerprinted is a violation of my right to privacy, and I refuse. Take a picture of the NFA item I'm purchasing, not me. I'm not the NFA-controlled device. That's simply how I see it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#11]
if you were in MS, I would do it for you.  

I like going the trust route.  LLC/Corps can be administratively dissolved.  Forget to file something/pay your fee, you're out!  

I'm sure hometown forum would have a bunch of people lining up to tell you who to use.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

if you were in MS, I would do it for you.

I like going the trust route. LLC/Corps can be administratively dissolved. Forget to file something/pay your fee, you're out!

I'm sure hometown forum would have a bunch of people lining up to tell you who to use.

If were in MS I'd call you!

I think that the trust is lower maintenence overall. I don't have to file taxes for it like I would a corp. either.

Believe it or not, I have ONE PM from my post in my hometown thread. Might be a busy week for everyone.

Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top