Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 6:03:00 PM EDT
I have heard both sides, and need some clarification. Can you legally put a hi cap mag into a post ban rifle. I was in the gun shop when I bought my rifle and they said if I put any mag into it that heald over 10rds. that it would be illegal?????
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It's legal despite what the NRA claims.  A local gun shop still has the NRA brochure they received in 1994 that stated it wasn't.  The NRA was trying to scare people into donating more money.  Is your dealer trying to talk you into buying a more expensive pre-ban?z
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I do believe that the original legislation called for prohibiting the use of 10+ mags in "postban" weapons.  That was dropped from the final bill.  The NRA brochure probably pre-dated the passage of that final bill.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
They arn't trying to sell me a pre-ban I think that they didn't know the law for certain and were just covering their own buts! I don't see why a pre-ban hi cap would be illegal in a post ban rifle since a pre-ban mag is leagal to have in possesion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top