Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2002 12:34:11 PM EDT

Taco Cabana is the best fast-Mexican-food going.
It’s real and fresh, with an entree you get rice and beans and a couple flour tortes.
It blows Taco bell out of the water.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You can even eat on the patio and order a drink with your meal.  The Tex-Mex platter is my favorite.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAO! I think most high school chow halls can out-do Taco Bell! I went to my local TB the other day and there was actually 2 Mexican looking females working there. I wanted to climb through the window and hug them, thinking the food might improve. Alas, it didn't...
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Robertos (and all of the other "---bertos") blows both of them away. Those who live in Az and Cali can attest to that. Real Mexicans cook the stuff. Sometimes you even have to order in Spanish. Numero Cinco, por favor...

Matt
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Del-Taco is the best!
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
For a Tex-Mex fast food restaurant, Taco Cabana sure as heck beats the dickens out of Taco Bell!

But there are regular Tex-Mex restaurants here in DFW that are almost as cheap as Taco Cabana and are pretty damn good.

Course, that's what you'd expect in Texas!

There's quite a few such establishments that are lined up and down Maple Avenue, where the only language used is Spanish.

Luckily, when it comes to food, Spanish is pretty easy to hablo.

Eric The(ElGordo)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The Taco Cabanas seem to be sort of a luck-of-the-draw thing. Some are really good, and some are just so-so (but still thoroughly spank Taco Bell!). They were Texas-owned until a few months ago, when an East-Coast firm bought the local owners out.

I've had pretty good luck with the Chacho's chain, too. Kind of like Taco Cabana on steroids — They seem to be staffed by more experienced, non-minimum-wage people, and the menu is much more extensive — more like a traditional mexican restaurant's — except for the drive-through window and lack of any waiters to tip! Excellent nachos and breakfast tacos...

[b]ilikelegs[/b], is the Cantina Laredo still open on Beltline in Addison? They used to do a truly excellent plate of shredded beef enchiladas, but I haven't been to Big D in about 6 years...And, yep, as I recall, Herrerra's used to make a pretty decent plate, too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top