Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2002 9:38:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A few years back I remember seeing a (Kalifornia friendly firearm)AR15 that is a pump style. Looks exactly like a normal AR-15 yet the handguard is a slide. I saw the pic in the NRA mag (either American Guardian or Freedom First) Anyone know who was the manufacturer of this rifle or has it even come out yet or was it scrapped??

DrFrige
View Quote

DPMS makes it.

[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=5304&CATID=493[/url]

Looks like it would work...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
DPMS used to make one, but I don't see on on their website.  Check around, maybe try a search here. Just in case you're wondering, no, it's not legal in CA.

[url]http://www.dpmsinc.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You can purchase pump action AK47 too.  http://www.centuryarms.com/store/en-us/dept_13.html
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
In some states it's not legal to hunt with a semi-auto.  PA, for example, otherwise pretty gun-friendly.  This would let you use a pump AR for varmints if you were so inclined.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#7]

From Norm_G
In some states it's not legal to hunt with a semi-auto. PA, for example, otherwise pretty gun-friendly. This would let you use a pump AR for varmints if you were so inclined.  

Plus a pump AR would be legal with a bayonet lug, telescoping stock & flash hider if you wanted them.  Not to mention the ability to use down loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
For $1,700, you can get a pump AR?

It's a bargain at twice the price.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd move before I had to "dumbsize" to one of these.  Come to the southeast and join the redneck gun craze!  We will be the last portion of the US to be invaded.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
As I understand it, the biggest market for these in overseas in places like England.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]
".22 will get you all the M16's you will ever want one day",

Nam vet told me.

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Galil too made a pump rifle.  Sold like schittt !
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Plus a pump AR would be legal with a bayonet lug, telescoping stock & flash hider if you wanted them.  Not to mention the ability to use down loaded ammo.
View Quote

Somehow I doubt it. If the mag well was sealed shut, you could add 1 "evil" feature, but just because it is pump I don't think you can load it up with the "evil" features.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you think that's weird, check out the straight-pull, [i]single-shot[/i] ARs and M17Ss that are made for the British market, among others.
View Quote

raf,
the most rare ArmaLite AR-180 ever made was a single shot.  Exactly one was made.  That rifle was made for one of the British commonwealth countries.

About six months ago I missed the rifle by less than one month.  Rifle sold for just over $400.00 (US$).  That's the closest to that rifle I've ever gotten.  Chasing a rifle through a foreign country ain't easy !
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#16]

From Avalon01

Somehow I doubt it. If the mag well was sealed shut, you could add 1 "evil" feature, but just because it is pump I don't think you can load it up with the "evil" features.

If it's a _pump_ action rifle it's not a semiauto that takes detatchable mags, therefore not capable of becoming a "semiauto assault weapon".  The evil features aren't evil on a non semiauto weapon or a semi with a fixed mag.  At least as far as the Feds are concerned.  The People's Republik Of Kaliforniastan might be different.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#17]
A pump AR sounds about as good as one of those with a mag well was sealed shut.  I think I would change firearm types before I bought one of these frankenstines
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Shadowblade, if you are referring to the federal 94 assault weapons law, then you seem to be mistaken.  

The defining feature of an assault weapon is that it be semi-auto and use a detachable magazine.  You are then allowed one evil feature.  %99.9 of AR's add the pistol grip as the evil feature.  So fixed mag semi-auto postbans are exempt from the AWB.

Now state laws can vary quite a bit and california probably has banned the evil feature count no matter what type of feeding system is used.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]

AR15s come with the allowed 2 evil features (mag and pistol grip) so nothing else can be added.  On a fixed mag AR you could add one more feature - take your pick.
View Quote

You're confusing the rifle definition and the shotgun definition.  A rifle is a SAAW if it is semi-auto, has a detachable mag, and has 2 or more of the listed features.  Oly made an AR pistol that got around the ban by using a fixed magazine that you loaded by opening the receiver.  I had requested additional info about detachable vs. fixed mags from the ATF about this a couple of years ago and have the letter at home somewhere.  

Shotguns are SAAW if they are semi-auto and have any of the listed features which include detachable mags along with pistol grips and folding stocks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]
CA assault weapon ban states that semi-auto, detachable magazine rifles can have no evil features.  Fixed magazine, semi-auto rifles are only assault weapons if they can hold more than ten rounds in the magazine.  Why would that pump-AR be illegal in CA?  It's not semi-auto, so none of the other evil features matter.  Don't tell me it's banned by Roberti-Roos...
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#24]
So is a pump action version of the AR Kalifornia legal or not ???

If so what restrictions have those commies
put on pump-action rifles & shotguns ??

Is my .44mag Timberwolf illegal there ??

Inquiring minds want to know !  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#25]
The restrictions on shotguns are that semi-autos cannot have both a folding stock and a pistol grip/thumbhole, semi-autos cannot have a detachable magazine, and no shotgun may have a revolving cylinder.

I don't think there are any restrictions on pump action rifles, other than the federal stuff... so your timberwolf should be legal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't think there are any restrictions on pump action rifles, other than the federal stuff... so your timberwolf should be legal.
View Quote

What Federal restrictions are there on
pump-action rifles ???

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry cnatra, I should have been more specific.  I was referring to the length requirements (barrel and overall)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top