Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 2:03:23 PM EDT
My wife and I went with 2 other couples to the range. This is the first time she's been to the range with me. We're shooting all the guns, SKS,AK, Hi-point 9,M44,SAR 3, the 2 AR's and of course the Turk Mauser! She's hung on the AR...won't shut up on how it does'nt kick like the others. She shot 6 Colt 20 rounders, 2 Thermolds and 3 Orlites today...

She learned quickly how to reload, shoot and of course safety...funny to hear her say, "range is hot!", I truely love this woman. Except, she is now in love with the Bushy shorty...all the way home she's literally begging for "it"..no not me, the Bushy. "How much are they again?","can you just get another one for you?","I won't get tired of it.."

My question for the wisdom of 15.commers...has your wife/girlfriend gotten tired of their guns? Or more importantly the AR? Do they shoot them enough to justify buying them one? Or should I just say, "you can shoot it anytime you want?". I am stuck on this one...I'm still trying to get me an M4. Now this? I don't want to have 2 Bushy shorty's...but.

Lil' help guys...any suggestions? She does still enjoy the jetski I got her 4 years ago.

What would you do or did you do?
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I can say is that if the wife is wanting you to buy another gun you go buy another gun!

I wish I had problems like yours!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
*whew* When I first read the post topic, I thought you meant your wife [i]ran off[/i] with your AR. [shock]  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you should make her [i]EARN[/i] it...

[8D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you should obey your wife (well, just this once) and buy another AR!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife took my Colt...  Let her go, there's nothing wrong with having 2 shorty's.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Since GENERALLY women are firearms incompetant, if she's that hung up on you buying her a gun for HER, then just get a different upper!

Throw that upper on when you're at the range and she'll be happier than a pig in shit!

As far as justifying the cost?  Nope, never shot it enough to justify buying her the gun.  Mainly because she's like me and always wants to shoot the new toys.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, Man. Why do you even have to ask us?

I think you should be banned for life[:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Grock I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
OK...I'm giving her the Bushmaster. I'm just going to HAVE to get the M4 collapsible now. I HAVE to, it's the only solution! [:D]

Thanks guys for the advice...I can now quote the "other" AR owners wives/girlfriends solutions with confidence. I will go an tell her now.

She is now cleaning the AR as we speak...snicker..snicker, she just yelped OUCH! Twice. That dang bolt can be a pain,huh?[:D]

On another funny side note...she also shot the Turk Mauser..HA! Now that was funny! She almost cussed...almost. Just to see that sneer was worth it.

Tonight will be a good night! [sex]
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top