Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 1:42:35 PM EDT
Safe?)

A little trouble getting me and a truck and some help together at the same time.  At the last minute, I got the 15 year old neighbor kid and his 2 friends to help move it--they are 6' 3" plus kids, so that helped out.

It definitely took all four of us to move it.  

The Dimensions are (roughly, as I don't have them here at work):

Door:
Thick 8",
Width 36"
Height 78"

The Frame is the same thickness with height about 82"  and width about 42".

The door was on the heavy side of 700 lbs (far more than the 500 lbs I had heard about before), and the frame was about 300 lbs.

I got it from the hospital (it was the former Narcotics Vault) and drove the hour to our storage unit.  Slid it in to the Storage unit, and it will sit there for a little over a year until I move (and probably be stored again through my residency, until I have a permanant place to live).

I posted a question on Wobblin-Gobblin's thread about his bunker.  Ideally, I would like to have an 8' x 8' room as a "Gun Vault" (at least until I fill it up).  

Thanks to the local guys who offered to help, but it was short notice on getting everything together.

My total Cost on the door:

UHaul + Mileage $80
3 Guys Helping $60
McDonalds for all of us $19

That equates to$160 for the door (plus whatever hassles come later on with moving it again).

The Company is a safe manufacturer (never heard of them, something-Hall-something).  The door is fireproof, has an internal handle and a push in button to release the lock if you are ever trapped inside.  A big Sargent and Greenleaf Combo lock on the outside.  

I think I did pretty good with getting it.  

I may even sell or trade off the used Browning Silver Series safe I got recently (maybe).  

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Wish you luck on the project. Will be a killer security system when you get it finished.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
. (Anyone want a...

Safe?)

I may even sell or trade off the used Browning Silver Series safe I got recently (maybe).  
View Quote

Afraid to ask, but how much?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Chicago,

Got it used.  I figured about $450-500 for it (I think it's about a 12-16 gun size, not fireproof), but haven't decided if I am really going to sell it.  Can't hurt to have too many safes (even with a Vault).  Got anything interesting to trade?

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top