Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2002 10:11:34 PM EDT
[center][img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl0ocCoBQIAABFelc4_1299_35.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl1e8CoBQIAABFKhcU_1299_36.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl2esCoBQIAABFhmy0_1299_37.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl3bsCoBQIAABFuopU_1299_38.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl38MCoBQIAABFNipo_1299_39.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl4sMCoBQIAABFrngQ_1299_40.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl61sCoBQIAABFdlsU_1299_41.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1299/images/PIl@EcCoBQIAABFWkqw_1299_43.jpg[/img][/center]

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Who thinks they can ID all the equipment these guys got?

Better yet, who thinks they know what unit(s) these guys are from?

This will be fun[:)]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome pics!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
6th pic on right edge, looks like a Eotech holosight and a Knight's 300m flip up, mounted back wards.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
1)  M4 w/ Trijicon and some kind of iluminator.  Looks like he's wearing a camel pack for the water.  Binoc's in the right hip pouch?

2)  left,  LAW?

3) same.  Odd positioning though.  EIther he was taking fire and dropped right away, or it's a possed photo.  I guess at least.  Personally I would have hugged up to the grass in front of him that's blocking his view.  But then, I'm not a professional either.

4) Looks like another M4 w/ the forward pistol grip (do you guys like that?  I sortof like the straight forestock myself)

5)  M4 again w/ some kind of holosight.  Foregrip w/ some kind of iluminator.  Don't know what the other thing on the right side of the rifle is.

6)  Man, look at all that ammo.  bet there's a lot of envious 7.62X54 shooters feeling envious right now.  Anyway, guy on left has an M9.  Can't make out what's strapped to his right chest, I'm curious what that is.  Guy on extreme right has M4 with some kind of holosight and I think a grenade launcher.  GUy in middle is wearing knee pads.  I wonder what that's all about.

7)  An RPG shooters wet dream.  Looks like a silencer on the guy w/ the thermos.  I wonder how that works, .223 is really supersonic...  Anyway, buttstock on guy to his front looks like an AK.  Is that really a donkey, or is that some decorative Afghani garden gnome?  I bet his realtor is pissed, you're NOT supposed to show the house w/out the realtor present!

8)  Are those boots GI?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
That's an interesting forward pistol grip in that first pic. I don't think I've ever seen one like that...
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
SEALs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
AVTOMAT-

That's an Sure Fire M900A in that first pic.  They are on my web site.

You can just see one in the 4th and 5th pic too.  An interesting note:  The guy on the top is the only one with the newer version of the M900A.  You can tell from the extra "extension" piece at the bottom of the grip which is an ON/OFF switch.  The newer ones cost about $80 more FYI.

Otherwise there is an assortment of Camelbak hydration systems, Eagle nylon gear, and some personal equipment.  Guys in the 7th pic are also sporting "gators" type leg warmers which prevent the cold air from running up you pants.

Cool pics.

Ryan
[url]www.bluelinegear.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The foregrip and the flashlight is an integrated, one piece unit from Sure-Fire.... SWEET to say the least, EXPENSIVE to put it mildly...

Pic five has a Trijicon Reflex sight and the Sure-Fire light/grip. The thing on the side is a IR illuminator if I am not mistaken.

One thing I've noticed with some of the real word pics (not these in particular) I've been seeing is that few use "tactical slings" as we know them. Just the good ole M-16 sling tied on with para cord and such.

Interesting pics.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Affirm, SEALs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow.  I need to get a M4gery in that desert finish.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#11]
The thing on the side of some of the M4 handguards is an AN/PAQ-4 infrared laser.  Helps when shooting with NVGs and is used to designate targets for the rest of a squad/platoon to engage.  It can't guide laser-guided bombs or hellfire missiles or anything like that.  I think it can be a steady beam and has one or two "pulse" rates, allowing three key leaders to mark targets and not get each other's beams confused.  They are standard issue in most Army light/mechanized infantry units, and, of course, in the SF community.

Load Sabot (we don't need no steenking IR illuminators)

Tanker
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Tanker-

That is not a PAQ4.  It is the newer PEQ2, which is also made by Insight Technologies.  The difference is that the 4 is only and IR laser, whereas the 2 is a laser and Illuminator.  The Illuminator in the case of the PEQ2 is actually a diffracted laser.

Ryan
[url]www.bluelinegear.com[/url]

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#13]
sure is.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll have to dissagree with the guys guessing these are Seal Team members, this is why.

On the next to last pic, the guy on the far left has a shoulder patch that says 3 Echo, has a picture of a devil's head with something? written under it and then says "The Hate."

My guess is Green Beret's from the 3rd SFG at Fort Bragg.  The lineage of these units comes from The First Special Service Forces. "The Devils Brigade" -- a combined Canadian-American Force, constituted 5 July 1942 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment,1st Battalion, Third Regiment,1st Special Service Force.

Just a Jarhead's guess, please correct me with some facts if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Im not really keen on the guessing games on exact units, former or current military members can understand this.

We all know the units, since on some of the photos the unit has been mentioned, but why air it out on every site.

Isnt it enough that those are the good guys, why start guessing/naming units and so on....

Teufel, all the men pictured are not from the same unit or service.

PS. Lazyengineer, thats a G36K on the right in picture 6.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Picture Six was up on another BB and there was some discussion on it.
 Note that the guy on the left has an HK P7 in his leg holster.
It's a rather interesting picture. But, I think they are German's who are just wearing some US equipment.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]
The guy standing in pic 2 with his back to us. I think that is a Eagle pack he is wearing, with the funny diagonal zipper across the back.

I wasn't really trying to make a guessing game out of this, I just wanted to know, or least have a educated guess, as to who they were.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Tuukka, befor you bitch-slap me for some OPSEC violation know this:

I haven't devulged anything that wasn't on CNN.

If someone is wearing a shoulder patch, the concealment of his unit is not an issue.

All this info is WIDELY available on the internet to ANYONE.

If I recognized someone in a photo that was in a "secretive" unit I sure as HELL wouldn't say, "Hey, I know that guy, he's in the Special Finnish Tampon Patrol."

It's called common sense, and it would be KEEN if everyone used it.  So if you don't like the game, talk to the Moderator in Charge.

[pyro]      [flame]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tuukka, befor you bitch-slap me for some OPSEC violation know this:

I haven't devulged anything that wasn't on CNN.

If someone is wearing a shoulder patch, the concealment of his unit is not an issue.

All this info is WIDELY available on the internet to ANYONE.

If I recognized someone in a photo that was in a "secretive" unit I sure as HELL wouldn't say, "Hey, I know that guy, he's in the Special Finnish Tampon Patrol."

It's called common sense, and it would be KEEN if everyone used it.  So if you don't like the game, talk to the Moderator in Charge.

[pyro]      [flame]
View Quote

Dont get your pants in a wad, this was a general remark, an opinion...not targeted against anyone specifically.

Of course the info is on the net....but the less there is speculation on EXACT units and so on, the better the guys are. I think the people here are very capable of figuring out units from small details...but like i said, why air it out on every god damn web board.

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Armd,

Thanks for the pics.  Great stuff.  Right clicks, save as background.  Cool new desktop.  Love that M4 camo pattern.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#21]
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FANTASTIC, SIMPLY ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY FANTASTIC.  Thanks much.  Took me an hour to load, but worth every second.  Afghanistan is actually kinda beautiful, would make a great hiking/camping destination if it wasn't so friggin full of mines.  Hey, we'll take any other pictures that you may have.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been thinking that too. In fact this part of Afghanistan looks a lot like around Prescott here in Arizona.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#23]
6th pic - I'd guess at least the fellas on the right are germans - those pants don't look like any GI issue camo I've ever seen but I'm not an expert - I also believe that weapon on the right to be a UMP45 - or a G36K - definitely not an M4 IMO - the front sling attachment is very HK.

Someone also mentioned the boots - look a lot like Danners in one pic
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#24]
The patch says 'Embrace the Hate'

The oddly cammo'd pants are German flaktarn desert pattern, which was developed for deployment in Desert Storm, still in use.

I have some complete BDUs of that cammo![:D]

Eric The(Thanks,Siegmund,WhereverYouAre)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Picture #2: man on left has AT-4 on back. I'm 99% sure. I've handled the AT-4 alot, it just looks a little funny at the angle it's at on his back. It may be something else, but I say it's an AT-4. (cocking handle spring assembly & front & rear site covers appear visible,as well as band of tape around barrel)
Picture #6: Man on edge of pic to far right is carrying a belt-fed SAW, my first guess is the M249 in paratrooper config. with S.I.R. rail system on forend. However it may be the S.I.R. system on a modified M4, consistent with the SOPMOD block II Upgrade project (Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement magazine May 2001). The Block II Upgrade, according to the article by Gary Paul Johnston, is requiring a slew of modifications to the M4A1 system, including a Sustained Fire Assembly (a belt fed LMG upper for the M4 lower reciever, according to the article). Look closely at the rear site & the hand guard.
The guy with knee pads likes not to hurt. Knees & elbows are vulnerable to rocks & sharp sh!t when you're in a hurry to get small behind cover.
Looks like every M4 is outfitted w/ the Surefire verticle grip flashlights.
I understand that the Marines are testing some new config's of the M14 as well, so it's (the new M4) probably getting field tested as well?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like a silencer on the guy w/ the thermos.  I wonder how that works, .223 is really supersonic...  
View Quote

Depending on the sound suppresor & the ammo, .223's can be very quiet. They won't compare to a silenced 10/22 (integral), but they can definitely be quiet. I've fired NON- subsonic ammo (9mm) in an MP5SD2 that sounded louder than some suppressed .223 I've been around. I don't know what the decibal drop was in either situation, just going by my ears (no ear plugs).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top