Posted: 3/8/2002 9:06:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://biz.yahoo.com/p/s/safh.ob.html[/url]

If I'm reading Yahoo's profile of them (above) correctly, they must have a sh*tload of debt.

I guess it really depends on whether they can "rehabilitate" the S&W brand and crank up production AND make tons of money on the guns.  I dunno.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
We could buy up all their stock and take over the company. Put our guys on the board and tell the anti-gunners to kiss ass. Then everyone would buy S&W and we would all be rich!

I've got $100 I can put down.

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I can come up with a grand, maybe more.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
With the whole company valued at $30 million, taking it over might actually be possible.  Question is, how many shares are owned by insiders who don't want to sell, and can we buy 50.1% of the shares on the open market without driving the price into the stratosphere? [:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
We need an AR15 investment fund.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[url]http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Feed=PR&Date=20020306&ID=1469805&Symbol=US:SAFH[/url]
This sounds pretty good.
View Quote

It's just company-issued PR.  Other than the claim of "more than double the orders" compared to last year, there's no substance.

Let's say for the sake of argument that orders were off by 90% because of the boycott.  Doubling the orders would then mean that they were up to 20% of what they were getting a few years ago.  Unless they make public just how bad the drop-off was, "double" is rather uninformative.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#10]
They need to hang it up in the auto market because everyone from Glock to Sig to Beretta to HK can and is kicking their ass.

But they have a corner on the revolver market.  Autos have been kicking revolvers' asses in the market for two decades now, but "gun people" and many others still appreciate, and buy, fine revolvers.

I'd like to own a piece of their company, and help turn it in the right direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top