Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2002 5:10:12 PM EDT
FYI & FWIW

On 14Jan I faxed my first (and last) order to them for 5 used USGI Colt 30rd mags. A week later, having heard nothing from them, I emailed asking if they had received my order.  Response, "yes".

- 4 weeks later I sent an email requesting a status. No answer.
- 1 week after that, another. No answer.
- 1 more week, another. No answer.
- Next day another.  No answer.
- Next day, placed order elsewhere and sent cancellation email to rguns.  No answer.
- Today requested confirmation that they had canceled my order.  No response yet ...

If they are not going to respond to emails, they should not list an email address.

If they are not going to ship product, for whatever reason, while refusing to communicate with their customers, they should not be in business.  

During this entire time, both their website and SGN has listed these same magazines for sale ... I just checked, they are still on the website.

They must, indeed, have more business than they need to shove customers away like this.

Oh well, there are plenty of other vendors that *want* my business ... :-)
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
One of their employees is a member here...he goes by the name "KMA". Pretty sure it stands for "Kiss My Ass". Not exactly known for customer service, but it's the first I've heard of a total rip-off.

Here's a little more info to bug the shit out of them with until you get what you are entitled to....

[red]Phone: 847-428-3569
Fax: 847-428-0029
Address: 140 N. Western(Rte.31)Carpentersville, IL. 60110[/red]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
P.S.- To give you an idea about what your dealing with, do a search by topic authors & reply authors for "KMA" and see what comes up. Should shed a little light on the kind of people you tried to do business with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell-Fucking-Lo!
Moderators!

Why the FUCK are you STILL advertising for these assholes?

Do you have NO shame?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
At least your off the hook.

KMA is the proprietor, not an employee, FWIW. I don't believe he holds the FFL any longer, though. Long story, that one.

I've still got about $700 or more of his merchandise that I purchased over 3 years ago. He refused to take it back and I went through my credit card company. It really, really pissed him off that I got the better of him. He keeps threatening to sue me over this or that, etc, etc. Just laugh my ass off. Got a file an inch thick on him. You ought to see the letters he sent to me and the credit card company-after seeing those I wonder how anyone takes him seriously. My lawyer told me to tell him to "go fuck himself". Laughed my ass off at that as well.[:D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, M4, but within a week of placing the order I stumbled across a thread here with KMA's rather distinctive email style and utterly outrageous approach to Customer Service and Public Relations ... :-)

I had hoped to just take delivery of the mags I ordered and move on ... NOT  ...

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
When I refreshed the page I saw a banner ad for RGuns.net!!

Good Grief!

DrJarhead, I now understand your "Moderator" post ...
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
First post just to complain about someone?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hell-Fucking-Lo!
Moderators!

Do you have NO shame?
View Quote

Did somebody kill your dog dude?

Did your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend [}:D] cheat on you?

Did you get fired?

Or are you always such an aggressive asshole?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell-Fucking-Lo!
Moderators!

Do you have NO shame?
View Quote

Did somebody kill your dog dude?

Did your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend [}:D] cheat on you?

Did you get fired?

Or are you always such an aggressive asshole?
View Quote

Yes redmanfs I'm ALWAYS an agressive asshole when sombody gets burned by an advertisor here....I really don't understand why you aren't either...Are you holding a significant amount of stock in said company?  I can think of no other reason why you wouldn't side with a fellow member....perhaps you could clarify your position....
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes redmanfs I'm ALWAYS an agressive asshole when sombody gets burned by an advertisor here....I really don't understand why you aren't either...Are you holding a significant amount of stock in said company?  I can think of no other reason why you wouldn't side with a fellow member....perhaps you could clarify your position....
View Quote

Sure.

Goatboy gets money where ever he can to pay for this site, that doesn't bother me at all.  If rguns decides to pay for advertising I'm all for it, because any member who is paying attention will not buy from them.    

With all of the anti-rguns posts and threads on this board one would think that any member who is conscious would have figured out that buying from them is a crap shoot.

I think you're a dick.  

I think you wantonly insult people who don't deserve it and then play the innocent gentleman when others jump all over your stupid ass.  People like you are what makes the world such a pain in the ass to live in.  You are the guy at work who everybody avoids at the coffee machine.  You were the guy in school who everybody hated because you were a loudmouthed bully.  You are the guy who makes people seriously consider homicide when seated next to you on an airplane/bus/train.  You are the guy who the waiters/waitresses flip a coin to serve because they despise you.  You are the guy whose eulogy will read "Nobody misses him, now bury his hateful digusting corpse."

I hate you.

Is that clear enough for you boy-o, or do I have to engrave it in lead and send it to you COD in an Anthrax-laced letterbomb?

[;)]

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Just in case you didn't spot it jtw2, read the above post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree -  it's annoying to see banners from, er, controversial vendors, but hey -- Goat Guy has to pay the bills somehow, and these guys evidently have the bucks.

I don't know if there is an advertising contract, but when AR15.com's obligation (if any) is over, a different company might be willing to pay more for the slot they now have.  Maybe there will be an auctionm, who knows?

On the other hand, a few [i]satisfied[/i] customers came out of their burrows on the other thread:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=98291[/url]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I realize, obviously, that it's up to the Avila's as to who they choose to have advertise on this site. It's their house, their rules.

I also clearly see jtw2's point. New members sign up all the time, and they would have no clue that mixed in with the legit advertisers, there's some less than ethical ones mixed in.

I have no patience for people who rip others off. Especially when it comes to hard working members of this site forking over their cash for goods, only to be treated like shit and receive nothing in return. That might be ok with some folks here, but it aint ok with me.

I'm not saying that the Avila's should boot Rguns, but they certainly should be aware and concerned with how they conduct "business".
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Ouch so much for just a simple dont be such a smart ass.As much flak as RGUNS caught im surprised they are still here personaly I got screwed by them too.You live and you learn I guess.But as far as newbies go they see the banner and dont think twice.Its a damn shame to get screwed out of hard earned money.

Damn redman when was the last time you got laid?Hows that saying go (((Your in more dier need of a blowjob then any man in history)))  
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure.

Goatboy gets money where ever he can to pay for this site, that doesn't bother me at all.  If rguns decides to pay for advertising I'm all for it, because any member who is paying attention will not buy from them.    

With all of the anti-rguns posts and threads on this board one would think that any member who is conscious would have figured out that buying from them is a crap shoot.

I think you're a dick.  

I think you wantonly insult people who don't deserve it and then play the innocent gentleman when others jump all over your stupid ass.  People like you are what makes the world such a pain in the ass to live in.  You are the guy at work who everybody avoids at the coffee machine.  You were the guy in school who everybody hated because you were a loudmouthed bully.  You are the guy who makes people seriously consider homicide when seated next to you on an airplane/bus/train.  You are the guy who the waiters/waitresses flip a coin to serve because they despise you.  You are the guy whose eulogy will read "Nobody misses him, now bury his hateful digusting corpse."

I hate you.

Is that clear enough for you boy-o, or do I have to engrave it in lead and send it to you COD in an Anthrax-laced letterbomb?

[;)]

View Quote

Oh my goodness!
How will I sleep at night knowing that redprick doesn't like me!

oh whoa is me!

Gosh!  I'm all broken up inside!

At least your mom still pays me on schedule!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]

I hate you.

[;)]

View Quote

Oh my goodness!
Does this not sound like a domestic terrorist?

I'd better stay far far away from this bad bad man!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Uh guys, easy there now. This isn't ak-47.net

SW629: Try calling them. E-mail is never a good way to conduct business, especially from some small gun shop. I hope it works out for you.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#18]
jtw2:

"Your Mom..." jokes always funny.

Paul
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
jtw2:

"Your Mom..." jokes always funny.

Paul
View Quote

You think so too Paul?

you must be on Redprick's Mom's payrole too!

Most men are, but you're the first I've run into that's admitted it openly!

God bless you son!

Godspeed Sir!  Godspeed!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh my goodness!
How will I sleep at night knowing that redprick doesn't like me!

oh whoa is me!

Gosh!  I'm all broken up inside!

At least your mom still pays me on schedule!
View Quote

Oh wow, the "your mom" joke is outa the bag, better look out.  

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure.

I think you're a dick.  

I hate you.

[;)]

View Quote

Ya know, that's still really vague and unclear. I think further clarification is in order.[:P]

Funny how even when Kiss My Ass doesn't show, his threads turn into flame wars.[}:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Redmanfms....

Rough week?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:03:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First post just to complain about someone?
View Quote

First post to share my experience with a vendor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top