Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2002 5:06:51 PM EDT
I watch and wonder about Israel and the Palestinians.

Israel - without a Palestinian threat they would face vastly reduced U.S. aid and would revert to a small and insignificant player on the world stage.

Palestinians - without an Israeli threat, vastly reduced aid from the other Arab nations and with their own country would be forced to make it work.

I'm believing that neither believes Peace is affordable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I watch and wonder about Israel and the Palestinians.Israel - without a Palestinian threat they would face vastly reduced U.S. aid and would revert to a small and insignificant player on the world stage.I'm believing that neither believes Peace is affordable.
View Quote

No doubt that the Palastinenians (sp?) don't want peace. They could easily live in Jordan or Syria or even Lebanon but refuse to do so.

The aid to Israel would never stop or even diminish, IMO, if the Palastinenians disappeared overnight. There's still the Syrians to ponder as well as Egypt, peace accord not withstanding.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
definitely a point of neither side wanting peace, but rather to win.  can't say that i blame them.  when i pretend to wear the shoes that those people walk in, i can (almost) understand a lot of things (never the torturous terrorist bombings though, never).  as peace comes with sacrifice, i think a lot (most?) would rather die and never live in peace than sacrifice what their "leaders" are putting on the table.

but to be sure, Israel isn't the only side that receives aid from the U.S.  Arafat's little club does too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I watch and wonder about Israel and the Palestinians.

Israel - without a Palestinian threat they would face vastly reduced U.S. aid and would revert to a small and insignificant player on the world stage.

Palestinians - without an Israeli threat, vastly reduced aid from the other Arab nations and with their own country would be forced to make it work.

I'm believing that neither believes Peace is affordable.
View Quote

I disagree with half of your premise.
The Isaelis get aid from us because we support THEM, NOT because we are anti-Palestinian.

I agree with you, however that the Palestinians aid from Arab nations is the opposite.
The Arab nations support the Palestinians because they are anti-Israel.
Most Arab nations don't really care for Palestinians.

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The aid to Israel would never stop or even diminish, IMO, if the Palestinian disappeared overnight. There's still the Syrians to ponder as well as Egypt, peace accord not withstanding.
View Quote

Good point Bob.

I should have broadened my statement to include Peace in the region - not with just the Palestinians.

With a peace accord in place and Working I believe aid to Israel would diminish and considerably.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Post from 5subslr5 -
With a peace accord in place and Working I believe aid to Israel would diminish and considerably.
View Quote

So there's a built-in incentive not to agree to peace?

I would think that continued aid would be a requirement to obtain Israel's signature on a peace accord.

BTW, I truly believe that a 'peace accord' is in Israel's future!

With the Anti-Christ![}:D]

But that's just my fundamentalist mindset!

And, I surely hope the United States is not the 'middleman' in setting up [u]that[/u] contract!

It could cost us dearly later.

Eric The(Revelation)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh, no. BobCole is right. They receive the military assistance they do to support them in any possible war with Arab countries (Egypt, Syria, and even Iran and Iraq these days). It was part of the Camp David peace accord (with Egypt benefiting from our largesse as well). The Palestinians are a relevant factor in why they have conflicts with the Arabs in general, but should they disappear as if by magic, nothing should change in that regard.

Quoted:

BTW, I truly believe that a 'peace accord' is in Israel's future!

With the Anti-Christ![}:D]

But that's just my fundamentalist mindset!

Eric The(Revelation)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric, I've always been curious about this. Will you revelation minded folks be aware of this at the time it occurs? Will you vocalise as much? Try and prevent such a thing from occuring? What?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#9]
We need to pull the plug on Israel.

How and when did they gain the right to that worthless piece of desert.

They don't belong there.

They should be given 1 year to migrate out of the area.

Then we will have peace, and no more Americans
getting killed for them.

IMO

waterdog
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from shooter69 -
Eric, I've always been curious about this. Will you revelation minded folks be aware of this at the time it occurs?
View Quote

If I read the scripture correctly, it will be the opening of the final seven year period of world history, and Jesus, in His 'Olivet Discourse', admonished His listeners that they should be aware of the times in which they find themselves and to understand the prophecies that foretell the event!

It happened before. In the First Century, AD, Jesus predicted that 'this very generation' would not pass away before the beginning of the end for the Temple, its buildings, and its foundations. [red][b]'Not one stone left upon the other.'[/b][/red]

Well, in those times, a generation was reckoned at forty years. So, approximately 40 years after Jesus made His prediction, the end of the Temple did occur!

And it will occur again before His return.

Meaning that the Temple, etc., will have to be rebuilt towards the end of world history.

And in Israel, there are groups such as the Temple Mount Faithful, that are planning to begin the work on rebuilding the Temple in this modern age.

As a matter of fact, the 'cornerstone' of this new Temple has already been fashioned, and the Temple Mount Faithful are constantly seeking to be able to place it upon the Temple Mount.

Unfortunately, the Israeli authorities have absolutely forbidden them to do this! They break up their attempts every time they try it!

Check out this site:[url]http://www.templemountfaithful.org/Newsletters/2001/5761-17.htm[/url]

It should answer all your questions!

Note that in their newsletter, they have made plans to go to the Temple Mount at the end of this month and again in May!
Will you vocalize as much?
View Quote

I preach it daily! If you're asking if I will mention the fact that I believe that something of end-time significance is happening, of course! But you will see it for yourself on Fox News, CNN, and the other networks, just as easily as I will!
Try and prevent such a thing from occurring? What?
View Quote

There is simply no reason to try and prevent it from happening - it will happen whether we desire it to happen or not!

And understand this, for those of you thinking that I hopelessly in love with anything even remotely Jewish:

This rebuilt Temple will not be a Temple that is pleasing to G-d, as the Jews seem to think that it will. Their Messiah told them before -
[red][b]'Behold, your house (Temple) is left unto you desolate, and you shall not see Me hence, until you say 'Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord.'[/b][/red]

At some point the Israelis will make a pact with the Anti-Christ to allow them to build their Temple on the Temple Mount and to begin their Temple worship again.

I suppose of that in a clever display of some sort of 'ecumenical', multi-culturalist spirit, the Anti-Christ will permit this sharing of the Temple Mount between the Jewish Temple and the Moslem holy sites.

For a while, and then he'll break his covenant and seek to destroy the Jews!

And it all goes downhill from there!

Eric The(ReadTheBook)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, the Israeli authorities have absolutely forbidden them to do this! They break up their attempts every time they try it!
View Quote

What! You dare to question the Israeli government? Blasphemy!

Actually, I'm a quite aware of this and the history behind it, and you won't be surprised that I concur with them. All out war in the middle east you know...

There is simply no reason to try and prevent it from happening - it will happen whether we desire it to happen or not!
View Quote

That's what I wanted know. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We need to pull the plug on Israel.

How and when did they gain the right to that worthless piece of desert.

They don't belong there.

They should be given 1 year to migrate out of the area.

Then we will have peace, and no more Americans
getting killed for them.

IMO

waterdog
View Quote

My friend the Jewish where the first one's there that was the promise land that God gave them. So why should they have to leave a land that they have been at for over 2000 years?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top