Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2002 7:13:59 PM EDT
According to Fox 10, crooks knocked over an Arizona Sportsman in northern Phoenix (I didn't even know there was one there) and stole about a dozen guns.  Also Shooting Star (usually have a table at Crossroads) in Tempe was hit, 14 Glocks gone.

I never want to blame the victims, but gun shops ought to have the common sense to take their stuff out of the glass cases at night and stow it in a safe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I never want to blame the victims, but gun shops ought to have the common sense to take their stuff out of the glass cases at night and stow it in a safe.
View Quote

But how big was this gun shop???  The local gun shops here have way too many guns to be putting them in & out of safes every single night.

Wonder why their alarm system didn't work?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The Arizona Sportsman in N Phoenix is a decent sized gun shop, but half of the store is fishing/hunting/archery. AZ sportsman(N PHX) on camelback rd is in a crappy part of town in my opinion. Shooting Star in Tempe is much smaller, in a decent area, but it is in a industrial area where there is probably no sign of life after 6:00pm. I haven't seen the news yet, but it was probably another smash and grab deal. This happened about a year ago to AZ sportsman in central phoenix the crooks made there way in from AZ Tactical(different business, mostly LE sales) by driving a truck through a cinder block wall. I can't remember the name of the other place hit, but similar entry was made. I hope they catch those responsible, these are all nice gun shops.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
mleaky hit nail on the head.The news said it was a smash and grab hit.They found both vehicles but no weapons.looked like they had a expandable security gate in front of a glass door.Didnt seem to slow the vehicle down they drove through it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been to Shooting Star many times, nice little gun shop.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like another homework assignment for [b]Project Mayhem[/b]..
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Burgling a gun store actually sounds a lot more fun than robbing a bank. Too bad it is illegal and involves the Feds.

We had one done in Colorado last year and the cops got them quickly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Im really sorry to hear that about the Shooting Star. They are really good guys in there. I try to give them lots of bussiness. Arizona Sporstman, on the other hand.......ok, sorry about them too :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Later I found out that someone drove a pickup truck through the front of AZ Sportsman, while at Shooting Star they broke into the business next door, then came through the wall to get into the gun shop.

Now if the Demos want to enforce some "common sense gun laws," they'd put these damn perps (if and when they are caught of course) in prison for no less than 20 years.  Or maybe five years for each gun stolen.  If I were a crook, I might think about breaking into some other kind of store next time I wanted to steal something.

If I were a gun shop, I would keep the stuff secured, I wouldn't care if I had to pay some guy to put it all out.  Some shops I am aware of do just that, and it's worth it.  If Mr. Bad Guy looks in the window and doesn't see anything, he's going to leave and not smash your store and steal your merchandise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top