Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2002 6:18:08 PM EDT
i would like to. we are always on the giving side of it. some more sophisticated nations would maybe treat us by it, but thier is no point in a  3rd world shit hole. all the Geneva Convention does for us is hold us back as our soliders are tortured, beaten, and executed. i read the portion regarding forced labor by POWs. that is such a load of shit. that document is outdated and in need of serious revival.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
some more sophisticated nations would maybe treat us by it
View Quote

There are no more sophisticated nations than us, FOOL!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Of the civilized nations, we are probably the most civilized and treat our POW's the best.  So what are we to gain by it?  Maybe continuing to stand above the rabble of third world nations.  MAYBE in the hopes of them respecting our soldiers.  

Would you prefer that every US soldier were shot like a dog if captured?  Whatever deterent ability it has against mistreatment of our troops, I'll take it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Would you prefer that every US soldier were shot like a dog if captured?  Whatever deterent ability it has against mistreatment of our troops, I'll take it.
View Quote

Someone needs to keep up on thier current events. in the spirit of allowing you to for go the suspense of waiting for someone to tell you what im talking about after you reply to this, i will just tell you to go here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?ID=98958[/url] and tell me how well the GC prevented that navy seal from being [b]"shot like a dog"[/b] after being captured.

the GC may well have a positiveeffect when at war with a nation like 40's nazi germany, or the soviet union. since neither of those exist today, i guess it dosent matter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]

the GC may well have a positiveeffect when at war with a nation like 40's nazi germany, or the soviet union. since neither of those exist today, i guess it dosent matter.
View Quote

Have you ever read the story of the battle of the bulge.  German soldiers who swept forward captured a town, marched the Americans outside. A Tiger Tank drove up and fired his main gun knocking the legs out from under 2 or 3 Americans.  Americans who were captured were sumarily executed.  

The russians not only killed the captured Germans, they killed their own.  Stalin purged some of his greatest leadership himself, totally eradicating his best military leadership. Consequently his was caught with his pants down around his ankles when the Germans did attack.  No the only nation that has ever safely harbored POW's were the Allies, with the exception of Russia, both Then and Now.

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The russians not only killed the captured Germans, they killed their own.  Stalin purged some of his greatest leadership himself, totally eradicating his best military leadership. Consequently his was caught with his pants down around his ankles when the Germans did attack.  No the only nation that has ever safely harbored POW's were the Allies, with the exception of Russia, both Then and Now.

View Quote

acually, i know somone whos grandfather was a german captured near stalingrad. he acually feel asleep and woke up surrounded, but never the less, he was treated better in prison than many soviet troops. when he was sent to a prison in latvia (i think it was latvia, maybe not though) he was treated quite well, he was feed meagerly,but feed none the less.

as for gemany, i have heard of battle of hte bulge (duh). have you heard of the massive prison castles americian and allied POWs were held in? infact, many more than the 100 and some that were executed at the bulge,were treated by the convention. they were fed, allowed to write letters, and even allowed to receive board games sent from the united states. the games usually contained money used to bribe their way out, but thats not the point here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top