Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 5:04:07 PM EDT
Do you guys think simon can win and how is he on gun control?

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I read somewhere that the NRA gave him an "A" and Rearend an "F".

The dems are supposedly happy with Simon's win because they think Red Davis can more easily defeat Simon than Rearend, Rearend being a more formidable opponent because he's as commie as most dems.

You Kali boys got your work cut out for ya.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The last I'd heard, Simon and DAvis were nearly equal in the polls.  I'd say he certainly has a shot at it.  

My limited experience has shown that an unapologetic conservative republican can win even in a liberal hell hole such as this state....what was the name of the guy who won in NJ?  If memory serves he's pretty conservative and still won.

I think the biggest challenges facing Simon are:

1.) Moneybags Davis' war chest.  Hell, he blew 10 million in a month on a [i]Republican[/i] primary.  Simon needs to scrounge up some change.  I plan on donating, which will be a first time ever for me, simply because I'll go insane if I have to look at that commie systematically assault the American way of life for four more years.

2.) The smear campaign that will be funded by Moneybags' warchest.  I think I read in newsmax a statement that I find very compelling:  Davis can't tout his own record, so his main strategy will be to smear simon.  Look for lots of scare mongering, distortions, and mischaracterizations.

3.) The idiots comprising the majority of the residents of this state who believe anything the demoncrats tell them;

Demogoguecrats: "Those republicans would sell the atmosphere to another planet if they could just find a buyer, but we nice democrats will protect you."

Morons: "Oh no, not the evil republicans!  Save us oh wise leaders!"
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
My memory seems to be failing but  so verify everything...
The NRA gave Simon an A but endorsed the other guy.

Simon also got the endorsement of the GOA or its Ca affiliate. That will clinch it for me anytime. I may also be sending a small contribution.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard an interview of Jones and Simon a few weeks ago. Simon really was evasive when the subject of gun control came up and the fact that he was a good buddy of Riordan, while Jones voiced strong opposition to gun control. This is probably why the NRA endorsed him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If those commie-pinkos in The Peoples' Republic of Kalifornication vote for the facist Red Davis over a good man like Simon, then they get what they deserve and maybe when the big one hits, that state will fall into the sea. Kiss those 54 electorial votes goodbye.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
CaptainSanity

You know, I even think I would send him some money.  We got to do something to stop the liberals even if the fight is in Kalifornia.  Why don't you get us an address so that we can send him a few bucks?  Maybe we can start a groundswell of antiliberal support.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Simon has a large personal fortune and has had good fund raising sucess to this point. The GOP will be helping financially now.

He has a strong ally in Rudy Gulliani, who is percieved as a moderate and is popular with a variety of voters because of 911.

Us conservative californians really are hoping Simon is the next Ronald Regan.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
You do know that GW is coming to stump for Simon this summer...
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I just donated $50.

Who's next?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My memory seems to be failing but  so verify everything...
The NRA gave Simon an A but endorsed the other guy.
View Quote

The NRA rarely endorses a candidate in a primary, but I guess there are always an exception. In this race there are two GOP candidates for gov, Sec. St. Bill Jones who is very conservative and pro-gun, just doesn't have the money to run an effective campaign against Calif. Gov Davis; and political neophyte Simon, with some real big bucks. Jones fought against the antis for many years, and deserves the A rating. But Simon has the bucks, so he is our best chance of defeating Davis in Nov 02.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top