Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 1:38:12 PM EDT
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGA53I7LHYC.html

Actor Alec Baldwin Criticizes Gov. Bush Over Election Reform
By Brendan Farrington Associated Press Writer
Published: Mar 6, 2002

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Actor Alec Baldwin was at the Capitol on Wednesday, much to the surprise of Gov. Jeb Bush.
"He had promised he would leave the country if my brother got elected," Bush said during a stop in Orlando. "Well he's back, I guess. We'll welcome him to Tallahassee."

But Baldwin disputed that he said he'd leave the country if George W. Bush were elected.

"I never made that statement, but you can tell Gov. Bush to rest assured that I'm not going to leave the country because we have to get him out of office and we have to get his brother out of office in 2004. We're not resting until we get that done."

Even if he had made the statement, Baldwin said there was still no reason to leave.

"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected - selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines," Baldwin said.

Baldwin was in Tallahassee with People for the American Way to criticize Gov. Bush and Florida officials for not doing more to reform Florida's election system.

The state was the focus of the world during the 2000 presidential election when it took five weeks to declare George W. Bush the winner.

The election dispute ended when the U.S. Supreme Court stopped a recount. Many Democrats believe Al Gore would have won the election if the recount had not been stopped.

Lt. Gov. Frank Brogan got in on the discussion, saying outside the Capitol, "I haven't seen any of Alec Baldwin's work myself; I understand he's mildly talented."
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Alec Baldwin is an a**hole and a f**cking liar, will he ever shut up.  He shames us all here in the empire state every time he opens his fat mouth.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Kim left him because he couldn't move to France with all the other libs.

Seems his head wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://drudgereport.com/mat28iii.htm[/url]

This is the Matt Drudge story claiming that Baldwin/Basinger said they would leave the USA if Bush won.  Apparently Baldwin disputed it at the time, FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected - selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines," Baldwin said.
View Quote

Using "Baldwin Logic" then, "Jumping" Jim Jeffords ALONE overrided the ENTIRE November elections for Senators and "selected" the Democ[b]rat[/b]s to run the Senate and "selected" Tom Daschle to replace Trent Lott as Senate Majority Leader.

Using "Baldwin Logic" then, the Florida Supreme Court "selected" to discard existing Florida Law  and precedent and voted "along party lines" to order the recounting of illegally-cast ballots.

Using "Baldwin Logic" then, the Supreme Court of The United States is nothing but a parade of puppets "controlled" (who knows how since they're never reappointed or re-elected) by the politicians and NOTHING decided by SCOTUS can be trusted or supported (including Roe v Wade) because Supreme Court Justices will simply vote "along party lines".

Alec Baldwin has been spewing so much sh!t from his mouth for so long his asshole must have fused shut from lack of use.

Baldwin was in Tallahassee with People for the American Way to criticize Gov. Bush and Florida officials for not doing more to reform Florida's election system.
View Quote

Hey, Alec and PWA... you want election reform? Start here:
#1 - Photo ID required to prove US Citizenship in order to both register and to vote in all US elections.
#2 - Park an INS truck outside every polling station to keep the 10 MILLION illegal aliens out of the polls.
#3 - NICS is good enough to buy a gun - it's good enough to cast a vote.  Install Instant Background Check system at every polling station to prevent convicted felons from voting.
#4 - Machine-read all ballots. Ballots not readable by machine after three passes are discarded as "illegible".
#5 - ALL General Election Polling stations open and close at the same time nationwide.  
#6 - Change the IRS filing deadline to the last day of October. This helps put people in a "Federal Government" state of mind before election day.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, he's got nothing better to do.  It's not like he's got a career.  The whole Baldwin clan is a bunch of dopes!

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
He played a true American hero in the movie Pearl Harbor, what a disgrace.  How can a Communist Pinko like this act these roles with a straight face.  Killed Pearl Harbor for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It's been said before...

SCREW ALEC BALDWIN!!!

I hope he gets hit by a bus...what a loser.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Correct me if I'm wrong:Didn't this scumbag threaten to leave the country if Bush became president?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's too bad he stars in "The Hunt For Red October", an otherwise fine movie.
View Quote

The only reason why they picked him is because Harrison Ford was doing the Indiana Jones. At least that is what I had heard. I still thought it was good
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong:Didn't this scumbag threaten to leave the country if Bush became president?
View Quote

Normally I read a thread before I reply to it, but that's just me ;)

Baldwin is a hypocrite and a pretentious ass. Someone needs to tell him that being famous means people RECOGNIZE you, not that they RESPECT you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Even if he had made the statement, Baldwin said there was still no reason to leave.
View Quote

No, of course not.  That would mean following through on your word, which would require integrity.  You make me sick, Baldwin!

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kim left him because he couldn't move to France with all the other libs.

Seems his head wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment.
View Quote

I thought she left him because he's got an ingrown dick.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Normally I read a thread before I reply to it, but that's just me ;)

[:d]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
...man I love my state...[pissed]...what next? the love child of Janet and Alec take Miami?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top