Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2001 9:34:43 PM EDT
I posted my pics of the mushroomed 64gr power points last week, and I am thoroughly sold on their ability to hold up in game.  This past Sunday I put them to the accuracy test.

I did not clean the AR 10 days ago, so I took out a filthy dirty gun, loaded up 3 Power Points and let them fly.  They were loaded in whatever brass happened to be in the bucket, just sized them, dropped some powder and seated them.

Shooting with a 14.5" Bushy shorty AK and a POS $19.95 scope atop the charging handle.  I was going to be happy with 1.5-2" groups.  I let three fly, and then walked the 100 yards to the target.

My buddy and I could not believe the group.  It was about 3/4-7/8"  I will scan the target and post tomorrow.  I was really happy with them.  Glad I bought 500 and will load the rest up for future hunts.

Also took out the brand new Glock 22.  First impression was that the gun fit like a glove in the hand.  Gripping the gun, then closing the eyes and holding the gun up to firing position, when you open your eyes, you are looking right down the sights.  Perfect alignment.

I drilled out 100 rounds and the gun ran like a top.  Put up a target at 25 feet and put the gun's first 11 rounds into it.  Every shot was inside the close circle, a group about the size of a golfball.  My buddy looked at me and said, "I'm getting one too."

The trigger was as close as I can think to Single Action.  We set up multiple (4) paper plates on stakes and practiced drawing from concealed and double tapping each target.  The Glock was easilly pulled and I could line up on each target with little effort.

It was by far the most fun (hand)gun I've ever shot.  I felt a sense of sadness when I drilled out the last 10 rounds.  If I had a case of 1,000, I think I could have shot them all.

I look forward to some IDPA matches with that piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top