Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 4:31:44 AM EDT
Thought I'd be different and actually spell it right.  [:)]  All I heard was the tail end of a few election results.  Any of the few good guys come out ahead in these primaries?  Were there and referenda mixed in with the primaries?  

Situation improved or degraded?  Or still just SNAFU?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much SNAFU...!

[url]http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/elections/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Davis won his primary for the Dem nod to run for re-election as governor, and that pretty much sucks, but the Dems could not throw anybody with enough money at him to even make him sweat. No matter though, because those dumb bastards still think he's the best thing to come along since Sarah Brady. In the Rep primary, liberal assed Richard Riordan got his ass handed to him by Bill Simon, who won big, and will be going up against Davis in the general election. Simon is the best hope we have in CA, and was endorsed by th eNRA, and more importantly, was considered by many to be TOO conservative to win the primary, even for the Rep party. I kind of like the sound of that. Simon faces a huge challenge though, in that he has nowhere near the funds that Davis does, and there will undoubtedly be a huge ad campaign run against him. If anybody cares about our situation with Gray Davis in CA, please do whatever you can to help Simon win the general election in the fall. It is imperative that we get that cocksucker Davis out of the statehouse.

Gary Condit also got his ass kicked, and will not be able to run for re-election in his district. It's official, he is a gonner, and hopefully he will be a friggin inmate before too long. Maybe after he out of his seat in Congress, the investigators will be able to lean on him a little harder in the effort to find out what happened to Chandra Levy.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#3]
HOORAY!!  Simon won the Republican Nomination for Governor of California!  Nice work CA!  You CA guys came through!  Since a Conservative won the nomination, the elite media can't shut their mouths fast enough.  Imagine their consternation.  And imagine the loud puffery we'd be hearing if Riordan had won.  I looked at the available print and electronic media this morning and found only Newsmax headlining the story of Simon's victory.  Already the liberal apologists are at work saying the only reason Simon won was the light voter turnout.  

Stay the course CA...November Belongs To Simon!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Not only did Simon beat Riordan, but he crushed him. Statewide vote counts for the two were about 1,012,000 for Simon to 644,000 for Riordan, so I don't buy into the reason for Riordan's loss to be because of low voter turnout. That speaks a great deal. I just hope now that we can get some funding in to help him fight off all the negative ads that are sure to be coming. About the only thing that Simon has going against him in his records so far that they can harp on honestly is that he failed to vote in some past elections. He has addressed this publicly, and stated that he has no excuse for it, and it was a mistake. He didn't try to sugar-coat it, and did not try to deflect it. That to me says he is a stand up guy, and shows me he has some integrity. That's a lot more than I can say for his competition come this fall. I don't like the fact that he did not vote in some elections in the past, but hell, I've missed a couple in my time too, so I can't be all that hard on the guy. If that is the worst the Dems can come up with, I think he may stand a chance. I sincerely hope that is all the bad stuff that comes to light on him either true or otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Way to go Simon!  I am not registered to vote in Kalifornia anymore (my guns aren't registered their either).  My girlfriend who is registered went to the polls and voted for Simon.  I thought it would be much closer than it was.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah!  [b]"Voter turnout second-lowest in state history"[/b]
that made our votes count even more [:)]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I'd like to extend a warm "Thanks!" to everyone who blew off the election.  Every non-vote make mine count more.

revrat,

The national NRA endorsed Bill Jones, not Bill Simon for the Republican nomination.  Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners of California, and a lot of local NRA grassroots groups went for Simon.

I hope the NRA will now endorse Bill Simon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#8]

revrat,

The national NRA endorsed Bill Jones, not Bill Simon for the Republican nomination.  Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners of California, and a lot of local NRA grassroots groups went for Simon.

View Quote

OOPS, I stand corrected. Too many damned Bills running. I knew it was Bill who was endoresed, and now I'm pretty sure it will be Bill who is going to be endorsed for the fall.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's his web site:
[url]http://www.simonforgovernor.com/[/url]

Donate some money and help him beat Ol' Red.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they won't endorse Grey-out Davis.  

Don't worry, he will get his endorsement.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
For those who think Simon is too conservative to beat Davis, a similar thing happened in '66, when liberal Pat Brown thought by attacking moderate Republican mayor of San Francisco during primary, the more conservative winner would be easier to beat.  Well, the conservative Republican who won the primary was Ronald Reagan, and the rest is history.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, I'd like to extend a warm "Thanks!" to everyone who blew off the election.  Every non-vote make mine count more.

revrat,

View Quote

The endorsing of a candidate in a primary is a rarity for the NRA. I worked on Dick Mountjoys campaign, and at one time the NRA refused to endorse him stating their policy that they don't endorse candidate in a primary election; well so much for policies.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't pop the champagn corks just quite yet, I'm not an expert in Calif. politics by any means, so I have to rely on the so-called "experts." The Sacramento Bee newspaper is as liberal as they come, and this is their(to me anyways) assesment of future Calif. politics. Check their piece Democrat-dominated Legislature may become still more liberal [url]http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/elections/story/1776277p-1855571c.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The endorsing of a candidate in a primary is a rarity for the NRA. I worked on Dick Mountjoys campaign, and at one time the NRA refused to endorse him stating their policy that they don't endorse candidate in a primary election; well so much for policies.
View Quote

heh... heh-heh... heh-heh-heh... you said "dick-mount Joy" heh-heh-heh... heh-heh... heh-heh... heh-heh-heh...

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The voters also passed a $2.6 billion bond measure for parks or the environment or something and another $200 million for the voting modernization act.
View Quote

This suprises you?  The voters out here are falling for the bribing of the public with the public's money bit in case you haven't noticed...big time.  Almost every referendum passed, except for the term limits one.  One day folks are going to wake up and realize they've voted all their money, and control of their lives away.  Hopefully I'll have moved back to America by then.

Simon is not much of a hope to restore a damn thing in Kalifornia.  He may be "better" than Riordan or Davis, but watch and see how many pro-2nd stances he'll take if he gets elected.  Which right now doesn't look likely.  I'll vote for him when the time comes and help if I can, but until he's actually making legislation to repeal RR89 and SB23, he's not on our side.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About the only thing that Simon has going against him in his records so far that they can harp on honestly is that he failed to vote in some past elections. He has addressed this publicly, and stated that he has no excuse for it, and it was a mistake. He didn't try to sugar-coat it, and did not try to deflect it. That to me says he is a stand up guy, and shows me he has some integrity. That's a lot more than I can say for his competition come this fall. I don't like the fact that he did not vote in some elections in the past, but hell, I've missed a couple in my time too, so I can't be all that hard on the guy. If that is the worst the Dems can come up with, I think he may stand a chance. I sincerely hope that is all the bad stuff that comes to light on him either true or otherwise.
View Quote

Let's see. Should I vote for the guy who missed some elections or the guy who moved the state from a budget surplus to a budget deficit of $17.5 BILLION in less than one year?

Hmmmmm...

Remember, that's $17,500,000,000.00 in the red.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope that if Simon is elected he will act as our "goalie" to stop any MORE bad gun control bills from becoming unconstitutional laws.

If we had that, we'd be a lot better off than we are now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#19]
For all of us who voted for Simon, we need to send Dick Riordan an e-mail stating why we DIDN'T vote for him.  We need to send a message to these liberal "Republicans" that we will no longer allow them to sell us out on issues such as gun control.  Neither Riordan nor Davis cares about California, it's just a stepping stone to the White House for them.  Send Davis a message in November. Time's Up!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For all of us who voted for Simon, we need to send Dick Riordan an e-mail stating why we DIDN'T vote for him.  We need to send a message to these liberal "Republicans" that we will no longer allow them to sell us out on issues such as gun control.  
View Quote

Did anyone see Riordan waffling on the news over the last week saying he supports the second with reasonable legislation like RR89?  Sure, ok...you support f^@#ing us over more, be honest.  Wait, he's a politician, he can't be....
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I wanted to vote for the "Jones edition" Bill, simply because he has had time to prove his committment to conservative cause, but I wound up voting for the "Simon edition" because he was the only one who had a chance against Roirdan (a sheep in an elephant's clothing).

Had I voted strictly on ideology, I would have picked Nick Jesson, but he's a nobody and a little looney at that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For all of us who voted for Simon, we need to send Dick Riordan an e-mail stating why we DIDN'T vote for him....
View Quote

Excellent idea.

Done.

You can use [url]http://www.californiansforriordan.com/emailsignup.asp[/url] to contact Mr. Riordan.

Please be polite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top