Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2002 9:29:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
THANK YOU!!!

Nobody ever talks about the times they were given a break, just the times they were caught doing something illegal and had to pay.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably got off only because you [i]are[/i] a member of this board.  Everyone knows we get special privledges[;)]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It is great to see an example of kind law enforcement. I know many police officers personally,and most are just "regular" guys that are just doing what it takes to make a living and taking out the trash on occasion. I am sure that they (95%) appreciate someone not being a asshole. So yea nice guys don't always finish last!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been pulled over five times and let off with a warning on four of them.  Some of them were pretty much bad stuff such as 45 in a 25 when he saw me hard on the brakes on my bike. I was always courteous and straightforward with the cop and they would check my clean record and let me off.  Only one who ticketed me was a CHP and they ticket everybody.  Not being an ass goes a long way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
To be perfectly honest, I've never had a bad experience with a cop. One of my old high-school buddies is in the SCHP. Those few times I've been stopped, I greet them cheerfully, and even bring a little humor into it. I do my best to put HIM at ease, letting him know I don't think of him as "the enemy," because he isn't. Ratters is right----not being an ass does go a long way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been pulled over 3 times in the past year. Each one was a warning. It helps if you're a friendly white male with a squeaky clean record. Thanx LEOs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll ditto these responses.. I've gotten pulled over six times that I can recall, and gotten off with 4 warnings, one "fix it" ticket, and a citation that came back "case dismissed", with my payment along with it.

I don't give anyone else shit for doing their jobs, why should I include cops?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Whenever i get pulled over for doing something wrong or not i always ask if they have an extra donut i can have,and yes as ur thinking i get my ticket usually for speeding. I never get a warning wonder why? any 1 [:o]  
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Good post beekeeper.  I made the comment a week or two ago, that we ALL ought to share our experiences with LEO's who conduct themselves as true professionals.  All too often, only the bad stories get shared, and the good experiences get forgotten.

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#11]
If you were up here in Chicago,
they pull ya out of the car, want to search the damm thing.

I never trust the police.

c-rock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top