Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2002 3:00:06 PM EDT
I just watched CBS News with Danny Blather, and their up to the same old tricks.  I sometimes watch just to keep up on what the left-wing is doing.

For those of you too young to remember the “reporting” from Viet Nam, the technique is simple.  Show American troops under fire and if at all possible, dead American troops.  Intimate that the commanders are using them as cannon fodder, and the battle was for no gain.  Show the troops retreating and any wounded, if possible.  Make sure the point is made that the action was useless.  Intimate that the commanders have a callus disregard for the lives and safety of the troops.  Intimate that the enemy cannot be defeated.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, hint that civilian and military leaders are lying about the war, and are attempting to use the troops and the war for their own purposes.

Repeat as often as possible in the hope the American people will turn against American involvement.

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
[rolleyes]   F'n media...will it ever end?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ABOVE ALL ELSE, hint that civilian and military leaders are lying about the war, and are attempting to use the troops and the war for their own purposes.
View Quote

Getting away from your initial point (concerted media efforts to direct public opinion of any sort sicken me, so I have to agree with you on it) do you really think the "war on terrorism" ISN'T being used by certain people to push their agenda?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, come the Revolution, I say that first in line to the Wall should be the media folks, then the judges, and finally the trial lawyers.

If you are employed by FoxNews, you will get off with just a warning.[:D]

Eric The(YouOweMeOne,BillO'Reilly!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, come the Revolution, I say that first in line to the Wall should be the media folks, then the judges, and finally the trial lawyers.
View Quote

Nope.  The lawyers go first.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Media second so we can watch the lawyers get it.  Over and over...[}:D]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not all of the judges, please.  We here in Washington are kinda partial to Supreme Court Justice Richard Sanders.

(Naturally, he's a Libertarian, or rather he [i]was[/i] until his election forced him to cut ties to all political organizations in the name of judicial impartiality!)
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Okay, but Eric will only get a warning!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't imagine CBS will change anytime soon. At least not until EVERYONE is watching Fox.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#9]
[size=4][b]I just watched this video clip on the Web and [i]IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!!![/i][/size=4][/b]

I can't believe they're starting this CRAP again!  Here's the header:[i]

Dan Rather reports how on elaborate attack plan went wrong and left the U.S. military struggling to re-group.[/i]  
ITS VIETNAM ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

The whole report makes it sound like:
[list][*]The US military is a bunch of stupid whimps and bunglers.[/*][*]They are being led by a bunch of stupid wimps and bunglers.[/*][*]The puny, underdog al Qaeda and Taliban are making fools of America.[/*][*]When will it end?[/*][*]Those Afghans and their Muslim brothers are just poor, misunderstood people fighting for their country.[/*][*]Those guys sure outsmarted the dumb Ameircan war-mongers![/*][/list]

I could go on.  I am SSOOO MAD I could just, just, I don't know what!!!

Go to [url]http://www.cbsnews.com/[/url] and click on the "video: combat footage" section and look for the Dan Rather report.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I am pissed off that they are doing their own editing of the combat film the DoD clears, than passing it on to us in 30 second blurbs of their choosing. How are they to know what is important to us.

We need to do another campaign like we did against Dell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
How bout we send old blood and guts Dan Rather over there to show our "inept" (his words not mine) commanders how its supposed to be done???

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I think that Dan Blather is facing a imminent retirement...
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#13]
(a) Anyone that watches network news deserves to have their head explode from excess blood pressure. Quit it, you'll feel better. Or watch Tom Brokaw, he's the lesser of two weasels.

(b) Dan Rather has SO MUCH experience in combat, that he is qualified to be a top general. When Hillary is elected, she will appoint him Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. THEN we'll kick butt, you bet!

Sorry,(b) is a drug induced hallucination - I was inhaling fumes from Hillary's black pantsuit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top