Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2002 2:33:57 PM EDT
I want to know what you guys do when you go to the range or mountian to have fun.
I'm tired of shooting at pop cans the like.
Maybe I should get my AR sighted in first.[:P]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I am just glad that I have one now.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Far1022%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I take mine with me whenever I go out in the outdoors regardless if I intend to shoot or not.

Its a damn sight better than a pistol in a emergency, and its also better than a pair of heavy hands for exercise [;)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
FINALY a picture of the long awaited 2002 LEGP
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a mini14? strange looking.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
10/22 with 40rd ar mag and carry handle?  Man that is wierd looking since the ejection port is so tiny compared to the mag!  Almost thought it was a mini14 for a second!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am just glad that I have one now.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Far1022%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

I post a topic about AR's and you show a picture of a 10/22 with WAY to much money dumped into it.

What gives?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
10/22 and a 38,thats all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I look at mine and masturbate.
GG
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
That 10/22 reminds me of the tricked out Pinto I saw the other week.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes i like to hang upside down and take my Ar apart clean it and try to put it back together before i get a nose bleed. [heavy]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It used to be shooting it, but since I cannot bring it with me to college I don't get to do that very often anymore. Recently I put up a picture in my dorm room of me holding it over a coyote I shot, and I have been enjoying the dirty looks it gets from the liberals, and hunters that like "traditional" rifles in my hall (one of the ROTC guys asked me why I need thirty rounds to kill a yote, and I told him "I don't, there are still 29 rounds in that magazine").

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sometimes i like to hang upside down and take my Ar apart clean it and try to put it back together before i get a nose bleed. [heavy]
View Quote

You think that's fun?

My drill is to field strip my AR15 while on the run through the woods at night while it's raining, and then then put it back together.

Dude, at least try and make it difficult. It's not fun otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The fish and game club that I belong to has a great range,with separate areas for skeet,trap,pistol,and a 125 yard rifle range. A few times a year they have what we call an "action rifle shoot". It sounds better than combat,or assault rifle shoot. The rest of the activities are put on hold for the day so we can set up a tactical coarse that covers the whole place. We set up all kinds of obstacles, sand bags,foxholes etc.. Everyone runs against the clock with a limited number of rounds and a minimum number of magazine changes. Safety is priority, fish and game members act as safety officers and referees. At first, some of the older members didn't like it much, but it wasn't long before they started showing up with their Garands and M1 carbines. If done right, and done safe, this is almost more fun than should be allowed by law. Oh sure, the law usually shows up...to compete, and they're tough to beat. A small entry fee is charged to pay for the targets, and any extra cash goes to the fish and game. More and more people show up every year, and they come from farther away. Some come to watch and some come to play, and it makes for a great place to meet like-minded people and see cool weapons.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The fish and game club that I belong to has a great range,with separate areas for skeet,trap,pistol,and a 125 yard rifle range. A few times a year they have what we call an "action rifle shoot". It sounds better than combat,or assault rifle shoot. The rest of the activities are put on hold for the day so we can set up a tactical coarse that covers the whole place. We set up all kinds of obstacles, sand bags,foxholes etc.. Everyone runs against the clock with a limited number of rounds and a minimum number of magazine changes. Safety is priority, fish and game members act as safety officers and referees. At first, some of the older members didn't like it much, but it wasn't long before they started showing up with their Garands and M1 carbines. If done right, and done safe, this is almost more fun than should be allowed by law. Oh sure, the law usually shows up...to compete, and they're tough to beat. A small entry fee is charged to pay for the targets, and any extra cash goes to the fish and game. More and more people show up every year, and they come from farther away. Some come to watch and some come to play, and it makes for a great place to meet like-minded people and see cool weapons.  
View Quote

Your the first one with a response I was looking for. THX.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Your the first one with a response I was looking for. THX.
View Quote

What?!?  You expect people to respond, on topic, with information related to the subject of your post?  What kind of dream world are you living in?  This AR15.com, buddy.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to propose that concept to the range I shoot at!  I LIKE it!

I like to take my AR out shooting.  I found that I get nervous looks if I take it out to see a movie.

On days when I want to shoot but can't really do it, I go into the back yard and practice my aiming technique in standing, kneeling, and prone positions, using squirrels and birds on the power lines as my targets.   Dry firing, you understand.  I've got a good privacy fence so the neighbors don't go nuts over the man in the back yard pointing an "M16" at various things.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I log on to AR15.com and grossly exagerate my rifles accuracy, I post things about how I can light matches from 300 yards and such.  Thats what I do for fun......  oops now you all know my dark secret!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Seriously guys,
it would probably be a long haul for most of you, but we usually try to have a shoot the weekend after the Hiram Maxim machinegun shoot in Dover Foxcroft. That's usually in july. Dover Foxcroft is about two hours east of our range. The machinegun shoot is really great,almost a carnival atmosphere with lots vendors and swap and trade tables. The event lasts three days and there is camping available. I'm sure the Hiram Maxim society has a web page, but I'm not sure of the address. As far as our club shoot goes, if you're ever in North Waterford Maine, drop by and join in.
No need to bring an attitude, just lots of ammo.

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I like the idea of hanging a "rifle gong" in a tree, and starting from 100 - 200 yards away.
Gradually move closer, shooting from different positions, cover, etc.

I think any piece of scrap steel would work for this.
Of course you would need to be sure of your backstop, make sure no is anywhere near the target area, etc.

I haven't done this yet, but when I read about it, I thought it sounded like fun.

I know that shooting a .22 at steel plates, I really get a kick out of that "ping!" sound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top