Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 8:14:26 PM EDT
Hi, I'm in the market for another 20" a2 AR-15 for my dad, I have narrowed it down to either a Bushmaster or an Armalite, which one would you get? Is the muzzle break on armalites loud?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster.   Tops in quality control.  Tops in customer service, too.

Bushy parts always fit and always work, in my limited experience.  But my gunsmith (who is a title II manufacturer, as well) will only deal with Bushmaster for AR parts, and I trust his judgement.  He's never had a bad Bushmaster part or assembly.  He can't say that about the other sources he's used.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
In my experience with what I consider the top non-custom manufactures, Bushmaster, Armalite are tops, with Colt(sorry), a lagging third. Bushmaster is the tops for parts. When our M4's parts need changing, they get Bushmaster components. Great service is nice as well. (no. I do not work for them)
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
What about the 2002 LEGP?  
Sound like just what your looking for at great price.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always been an Armalite fan, their machinework, fit, and finish seem just a bit better than Bushmaster which I rank a close second, with Colt a long way back.
Yes the Armalite slant brake is loud, but then again so are some of the Bushmaster breaks.
Do you want green or black?
Depending on your dads age he may like owning a rifle that says Armalite or Colt even though the real Armalite co. was history just after Vietnam.
Also depending on your dads age he may appreciate a flattop with a scope. I have many friends 50+ that have a hard time with iron sights.
My 81 year old father loves my Aimpoint, go figure.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Armalite. Or even Eagle Arms (Armalite without the chrome lining).  Fit and finish just seem a bit better than Bushmaster's.  Just my .02 from my experience.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The 2002 LEGP will be svailable in the near future - it is going to be really sweet, so you might want to wait a little while & check it out.

If not, I would go with ArmaLite (although I like Bushmaster and Colt very much as well).

Tyler
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
when will the 2002 LEGP be avalible? I would prefeer to support this site if it's what I am looking for. What is the configuration of the new LEGP?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]
[size=5][b]BUSHMASTER[/b][/size=5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you ever been to the LEGP Forum?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=60[/url]

You should find all the info you need there - I believe the new website, along with pics, will be up this weekend. If you don't want to wait that long, please send Grin N Barrett and email and you will get pics & info.

Hope this helps.

Tyler
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[size=5][b]BUSHMASTER[/b][/size=5]
View Quote

[size=5] [b]ARMALITE[/b][/size=5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top