Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 7:09:11 PM EDT
Well it seems that even with our Federal Governments earnest attempts to destroy our military we still have some of what it takes.

Reports now indicate that Canadian Snipers ( somehave won international competitions) from the PPCLI ( Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry) are with your troops in the battle currently raging in Afganistan.  Our Joint Task Force Two ( JTF2) special forces have also been in action as well........

Maybe our guys were not destined to be water carriers and airport guards......

Glad we can help.....

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some, Canada! [beer]

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad to hear that our greatest ally is pitching in. Canada is a great place, save for the taxes, gun laws...and of course cheese curds on french fries [:D]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
"Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry"????

Truly you jest!

We have a "Princess Patricia's San Francisco Very Light Infantry".  They are masters at rear entry maneuvers.  (We have yet to deploy them overseas)
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]

It is disheartening how many americans died to keep so much of this planet free, yet when it comes to a fight it seems like it is the British and the Canadians who are willing to pick up guns and stand by us
View Quote

Don't forget the Aussies.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Rock on, neighbors!

Good luck and happy hunting.

Take care.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Striker

Forgive my asshole remark.  I have great respect for the Canadians and especially their military. They don't have prove themselves to anyone.  I have always thought of the Canadian military as being much more professional and competent than our military.  Honestly, I have never heard of a military unit with a name like Princess Patricia.  I'm sure there is a great story about the name but my fist reaction was that someone was kidding.  I apologize if I offended anyone.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard/saw that the French were also involved... But, I haven't been able to get any hard numbers as to how many have surrendered.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, you can bash the Brits, Canadians, and Aussies all ya want for their stupid gun laws (like ours make any more sense), but there ain't a better bunch to have on our side.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I heard/saw that the French were also involved... But, I haven't been able to get any hard numbers as to how many have surrendered.
View Quote

News Flash...
Al-quada figters have been spotted using french weapons with white flags still tied on...
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you want to know what really pisses me off. This is the First place I heard of this. I ussually have CNN on at my house. They talked all day about the fighting but not once did they say anything about our brothers to the north (Accept in Detroit where you can go south to Canada) helping out.  In troubled times like America needs to see they are not the only ones fighting this war. Thankyou Canada.
And for CNN I guess I am going to have to find a better news channel I will C No Nore of that crap.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry"????

Truly you jest!

We have a "Princess Patricia's San Francisco Very Light Infantry".  They are masters at rear entry maneuvers.  (We have yet to deploy them overseas)
View Quote

LOL

As much as I do appreciate the Canadians helping us out, someone really should tell them not to call their military units "Princess" anything.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is disheartening how many americans died to keep so much of this planet free, yet when it comes to a fight it seems like it is the British and the Canadians who are willing to pick up guns and stand by us.
View Quote

Hey man, don't forget the Aussies!  Those guys are always helping out.  Speaking of help though, is Israel involved?  If not, WHY not?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]
The "Pats" kicked serious Kraut a** in WW1 in the trenches.

Captain MacBride, "A Rifleman Went to War," served with the Pats.

I work with a Canadian who may not know who the Prime Minister is, or what a C-7 is, but knows that Canadian troops kick ass and take names in any war they get into (Vimy Ridge, etc - name the war and you get a battle).  
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmm... Iraq as well?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is disheartening how many americans died to keep so much of this planet free, yet when it comes to a fight it seems like it is the British and the Canadians who are willing to pick up guns and stand by us.
View Quote

Hey man, don't forget the Aussies!  Those guys are always helping out.  Speaking of help though, is Israel involved?  If not, WHY not?
View Quote
We have probably asked them to stay the HELL out.  This is leading to "the Israelis never do anything for us" BS.  Well, they stayed out of the Gulf War and they are staying out of this simply because we have asked them to.  No other reason.  You can bet your ass they would love to be pounding the crap out the Taliban.  So, what they have done for us is to honor our request to stay out of this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:17:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Shooter.....the Canadian Federal Government in their "INFINITE WIZDOM" has stated that they will only go to Iraq under a UN mission............basically I think that they are waiting for more people to die before we do anything.

Speaking of which our leftist media is now crying about us sending troops!!  

"  why would we send them if we thought they might see combat!"  Damn fools!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Now I hear that some of the Lord Strathconas may also be involved.......

Talk on the street has us sending up to 4000 troops....

Mind you we cannot equip 4000 troops!!!!!

Damned LIEberals!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL! Well- somebody has to guard the baggage, don't they? And that somebody's gotta be the French!

In truth though, from some ex-squaddies I used to know years ago, apparently they held the French Foreign Legion in pretty high regard. Tough well-trained troops, and esp. in the 1990's many of them were ex-East German military- they had to go someplace!

I remember a TV news segment in the Somalia crisis around '93 about a Legionnaire telling some Somali to open up the hood of his car to check for weapons- instead of saying it in French, it came out as "AUFMACHEN!!" (German for: 'Open up!' )

My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent.
I shall attack.
- --FERDINAND FOCH (1851 - 1929), French field marshal,
Battle of the Marne, 8 Sep 1914
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:34:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Forgot to add: Good on the Brits, Canadians, Aussie and Kiwis for always helping us out, and us them, in times of trouble. We Americans should differentiate between the policies of the rulers and staff-wallahs of different countries, and the grunts who are in there with our guys and gals, in harms' way.

Thanks to our allies!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We have probably asked them to stay the HELL out.  This is leading to "the Israelis never do anything for us" BS.  Well, they stayed out of the Gulf War and they are staying out of this simply because we have asked them to.  No other reason.  You can bet your ass they would love to be pounding the crap out the Taliban.  So, what they have done for us is to honor our request to stay out of this.
View Quote

As much as your idea makes sense, is it just your opinion (wishful thinking?) or do you actually have a valid source of any kind?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I just hope they don't pee on their hankies.
[size=1](bad Canadian WWI joke...please tell me if you get it.)[/size=1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Do Australian troops actually train for mountain warfare?  I hope the poor blighters aren't running around Afghanistan in khaki shorts and bush hats. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just hope they don't pee on their hankies.
[size=1](bad Canadian WWI joke...please tell me if you get it.)[/size=1]
View Quote

Ya I got it!!

Just to fire one back at you Yank........

I GUESS YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

As much as your idea makes sense, is it just your opinion (wishful thinking?) or do you actually have a valid source of any kind?
View Quote

I cant beleve you asked that zonan. What do YOU think those Muslim tribesmen who are currently on our side would do if they found out Israeli Jews were working in their country? Hmm? Or the masses in Pakistan? They just BARELY tolerate American and European Jews being there. Look what happend to Daniel Pearl. Use some common sense for a change, shesh..
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Ilove it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Canadian Forces launch Afghan attack

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1016018108838&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Canadian Forces launch Afghan attack

[url]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1016018108838&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News[/url]

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Here is an interesting tidbit.

"Stories continue to emerge from troops returning to Bagram. They talked of how a Canadian sniper had killed an al-Qaeda foot soldier from a distance of 1,500 yards."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=676&u=/usatoday/20020312/ts_usatoday/3931864
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#35]
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=676&u=/usatoday/20020312/ts_usatoday/3931864
[/url]

Good job!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#36]
[url]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1016018108838&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News&col=968793972154[/url]

WITH CANADIAN TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN (CP) - Some 500 Canadian troops launched their first major offensive operation today in eastern Afghanistan to pursue Taliban and Al Qaeda fighters who are scattering after days of intensive bombardment by coalition forces.

The Canadians soon gained control of a ridge offering a commanding view of both sides of the mountain. A contingent of U.S. infantry troops joined them.

There were no casualties or prisoners taken so far, senior military official said.

Lt.-Col. Pat Stogran, commander of the Canadian contingent in Afghanistan, is leading "Operation Harpoon" with about 500 Canadians and 100 Americans under his command, the military officials said.

Commodore Jean-Pierre Thiffault, the top Canadian officer at Central Command in Tampa, Fla., said this is "a combat operation to clear out the remaining Al Qaeda and Taliban pockets in caves and other site in the mountainous areas south of Gardez, near the Whale Back feature we have heard so much in the context of Operation Anaconda."
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow......1500 yards????

He must have used a .50  There is no way a parker hale could reach out that far.....is there???

Also regarding Harpoon.....how can one of my Canadians be in command of 100 of your Americans?

Not that I think that it is a bad idea.....as it is good to spread the authority around politically...however I thought you guys had rules against that???
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Good job brothers in the north. We have always been able to count on Canada in our time of need, i was lucky to have trained with the PPCLI during NATO manuevers in '89. it was called Rendezvous '89, and we were at Camp Wainwright, and also other parts of northern Alberta. Ill tell you one thing...those canadians know how to live in the field!!!..my unit 4th bn 15th INF {18TH Airborn Corps)was attached to a company from the PPCLI. wherever we traveled the canadians had a little "cantina" truck follow us that was stocked with chips,cokes.cigs,candy, etc. etc. it was like a mobile 7-11. and at night they had beer!!!..i mean in the middle of nowhere sleeping on the ground, doing grunt training and they had beer in the field...and get this...the training exercise was sponsored by LABATTS!!!...the labatts blue label cans were printed with "RENDEZVOUS '89" on them..and they had much better food than us american grunts...they had hot chow 3 times a day...and their combat  engineers {pioneers) were allowed to have full beards. i was very impressed..did allot of trading equipment and did a few joint airmobile ops with Recces...ill always remember the awsome hosts the PPCLI were.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I am quite surprised (pleasantly) that our political leadership has allowed the boys to commit to offensive operations at a failry early stage in what may be a long war against terror. I see this as a political testing of the waters.

I believe we have a moral obligation to support our brothers south of the border. We know damn well that they would support us.

Fis_Prod
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#40]
You just have to love our press...

They are Shocked that 6 Canadian Snipers have actually KILLED afgans!!

The horror!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Note the Flags - Thanks Canada!

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020314/capt.1016118685.afghanistan_fighting_xmm107.jpg[/img]

U.S. Maj. Gen. Frank L. Hagenbeck gives a briefing at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, Thursday, March 14, 2002. The top U.S. general in Afghanistan says second and third tier al-Qaida leaders were killed in Operation Anaconda. (AP Photo/Mikhail Metzel)

Mike
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top