Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 3:39:16 PM EDT
I just finished loading the AR15 stripper clips I got in the mail today.  It didn't take long and look good stacked up in my range bag (hope I don't bust a seam).  I already have my mags loaded ready for some good weather to hit the range.  Ah, the joy of ammo.  Bad part is, I still have a bit of ammo left, time for more mags/stripper clips, ha-ha.

[bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]

Edited to say it wouldn't be bad having "100 STRIPPERS" either
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Only 100?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still fairly new, I'll work on it, ha-ha.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Only 100?
View Quote

My feelings exactly.  Get to work!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Putting them in your range bag? Jeez man, at least get an ammo can. Why would you want to rip your bag?

Yep, got to love them stripper clips. I ACTUALLY enjoy loading them.

Speaking of which, I should go see if I can find a few empties laying around.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I determined that for my tastes, stripper clips are hardly worth the effort unless the ammo comes already mounted on them.  

Loading stripper clips takes just as long as it does to load each round into your magazines by hand, and strippers don't always work right, with some of them screwing up if you don't press them in at the base of the round every time.

I'd rather handle my ammo just once, going into the mags.   I bring a pile of loaded mags to the range and never have to worry about it and I never have to load a mag on the spot, because I carry enough for the day.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Come on everyone, get real. Joy is having 100 loaded strippers!

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah;   Strippers come in handy.  What I do is spray them with silicone Lube (I use Pyroil) it dries completely with a film of dry lube. Makes loading slicker and acts as a good water repellent.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
True joy is 100 loaded strippers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[beer]
View Quote
No it's, " DE-LOADING " 100 stripper clips !
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How about throwing a load at 100 strippers?  I'm still young, its possible for me!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
If joy is having 100 loaded stripper clips, then hell is having 100 loaded stripper clips on a trip to the desert and having your rifle break after 1.5 mags.  [:(]

I use the loader that came with my Beta mag to load in the field. It's really quick and your thumb never gets sore. I've only used it with thermolds and the Beta so I don't know if works with USGIs.

Shorty
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

[beer]
View Quote

I am always a smidge late.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
RayVet, good idea on the lube for the stripper clips, I'll have to try that out.  I used to load mags one bullet at a time in the Army, but after having hand surgery, I need all the help I can get.  For me, it's easier to load a bunch of strippers and then go to the mags when needed.  Seamusmcoi, you're right, I need to get my ass to the surplus store and get some ammo cans.

As for having 100 strippers, that's why I like to go to the Olympic Garden in Las Vegas !!!!  By the way, the strippers there come pre-lubed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As for having 100 strippers, that's why I like to go to the Olympic Garden in Las Vegas !!!!  By the way, the strippers there come pre-lubed.
View Quote

I have been there!!!  That place rocks.   The best part?  My wife goes upstairs and can drop all the dollars she wants into loaded thongs.  The guys u there are mostly gay anyway.  And I reap the rewards back at the hotel room.  Gotta love it.  That place is PACKED with hot strippers.  

Thanks for reminding me.  A trip to Vegas sounds real good right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#16]
thebeekeeper1, I remember back some time reading that Beta C-Mag loaders were the best.  I'll have to get one and try them out.  Of course, I'd like to get a Beta C-Mag, but they are a lot of $$$.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#17]
nah joy is when u get to use all of them stripper clips at the range [:D]

its even more joyfull on FA
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#18]
100 Stripper clips?  Hah!

Happiness is having 100 loaded magazines!
[heavy]

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#20]
What are stripper clips? [whacko]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#21]
These are one way to speed load your AR15 mags.  They hold 10 rounds each and you use an adapter that fits on the mag, the stripper clip fits in the adapter, then you push the rounds in the mag to load it.  Works pretty good for most.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/WillysWagon%2FStripper%2520Clips%2Ejpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top