Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 12:10:19 PM EDT
[url]http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/hategames020301.html[/url]

found there web page[url]http://www.resistance.com/ethniccleansing/catalog.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
damn the download section is down i need to get a copy of the really non pc game to add to my why the f*ck do u have that collection
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh my goodness!  We need to immediately place strong restrictions on "freely available software" so that these vile hate groups can't get ahold of them.

Ok Tayous, you call the ADL and B'nai B'rith, and I'll get on the phone to the JDL and the SPLC ASAP.  Together we can make a difference!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I consider the Rap music in the thread a few days ago terrible and more troublesome than these games. The number of people being exposed to to rap music and it's hateful lyrics, has to be a lot more than these games. I never knew of them until now.

Have these same groups worked to stop hate filled rap music which sings about killing whitey, or is it a money making thing for their buddies that makes it OK. It has to be equal condemnation or they can kiss my white ass.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]"The most notable example that has drawn the ADL's attention is [i]Ethnic Cleansing[/i] from Resistance Records, an arm of the National Alliance neo-Nazi group. The game allows players to assume the persona of a Ku Klux Klan member or a "skinhead" gang member and kill minorities.

Offensive racial stereotypes and rock music with hate-filled lyrics are repeated throughout the game as the player competes toward the ultimate goal — killing a rocket-wielding Ariel Sharon."[/b]

That last part cracks me up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[b]"The most notable example that has drawn the ADL's attention is [i]Ethnic Cleansing[/i] from Resistance Records, an arm of the National Alliance neo-Nazi group. The game allows players to assume the persona of a Ku Klux Klan member or a "skinhead" gang member and kill minorities. "[/b]
That last part cracks me up.
View Quote

You know the funny thing on there web site I think they have the person killing a KKK member?

here is the link to that [url]http://www.resistance.com/ethniccleansing/promos.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
This makes me wonder how many AR15.COM members belong to such hate groups. I hope none.  I have my opinion about some ethnic groups but certainly don't condone or practice hate groups.  Any of you out there wish negative things enough to join such groups?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't belong to any, but they're the unfortunate downside to having a free country.  Personally, I think the best thing to do is just ignore them.

Oh the horror that they might try to make video games!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This makes me wonder how many AR15.COM members belong to such hate groups. I hope none.  I have my opinion about some ethnic groups but certainly don't condone or practice hate groups.  Any of you out there wish negative things enough to join such groups?
View Quote

Have you been asleep?  It's not [b]necessary[/b] to join some true band of bigots, in order to be considered part of a so-called "hate group".

You don't have to say that you want to extinguish Jews.  Just question how Israel deals with Palestinians, or make some remark about political influence in the U.S., and you will have somebody hinting or saying outright that you are anti-semitic, or a closet Nazi.  Use the word "Zionist" (even though that's a word used for over a hundred years by the movement to promote, establish, sustain, and expand the nation of Israel), and there are people here on this site who will bait you and put words in your mouth and claim that they have shown you for 'what you really are' or some such nonsense.

And that's just one example - it's not just a Jewish/Israel thing, though the so-called ADL is about as bigoted as anyone.  We have a number of Southerners here, and some of them take exception to the traditional explanation of to the way the Civil War was brought about, and even challenging the name of it.  Some believe in the "Stars and Bars" or Confederate Battle Flag as a symbol of resistance to Federalism or Lincoln or what have you. There ahve been people here who think that such views (no matter what problems may have existed under what was euphemistically called "reconstructiuon") brands these people as overt or covert racists.  We've had people quit over such things, unfortunately.

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have these same groups worked to stop hate filled rap music which sings about killing whitey, or is it a money making thing for their buddies that makes it OK. It has to be equal condemnation or they can kiss my white ass.
View Quote

Uh, no it's often the same media conglomerates... so drop your drawers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top