Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 10:00:36 AM EDT
Hi,

I need help, I have to write a letter to my local represntative to start the process of an academy nomination. I know that there are some people on this board who have jumped through these hoops before and I was hoppig for some of your input.

Thanx
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
BLT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT, and thanx sub
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi,

I need help, I have to write a letter to my local represntative to start the process of an academy nomination. I know that there are some people on this board who have jumped through these hoops before and I was hoppig for some of your input.

Thanx
View Quote

This is the form letter that westpoint provided for me:

Date(aligned right)

(aligned left)
The Honorable (senator)
(senator's address)

Dear Mr. (senator),

I desire to attend the United States Military Academy and to be commissioned in the Regular Army.  I respectfully request that I be considered as one of your nominees for the class entering West Point in the summer of (year).

The following data are furnished for your information:

Name of Applicant:

Permanent Address:

Telephone Number:

Date of Birth:

High School:

Social Security Number:

Names of Parents:

I have requested that a pre-candidate file be initiated for me at the West Point Admissions Office.

(centered)
Sincerely,

The other academies probably propose something similar.  After sending the letter you get specific information about what your senator/etc. requires.  I decided not to continue the application process after that, so that's all I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top