Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 9:09:06 AM EDT

I was watching the discovery channel and  they had some air born guys with M4 rifles that were inserted into a padded backpack “looking thing” anyone know anything about this.  Where how much.  It looks like a good alternative to discrete weapons cases.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see it, but your are describing my pack. It is military issue and it unfold into a shooters mat....[url]www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1241&sku=ZBQ%2D1081&imgid=&mscssid=MNV716J1VCN29HV2HJ43S5V4N08R98G5[/url]

That is the link...if you hit my e-mail....we can discuss it.....

Edited to add thanks wave.....it's monday and I
can barely remember my name....
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
AR-15 quiver-- the shakes you get when you haven't been to the site in a day or two.  See AR-15.com Withdrawal

Viper Out
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I saw the same show, the case had one side closed with velcro, does the CTD mat/case have that?  The case didnt look much bigger than an M4 with the stock collapsed.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#4]
woohoo more questions.....the case folds over
and is secured by three LARGE cargo straps and
buckles. The bottom folds over also and the top has a permanent sown foldover to protect from
the elements. The inside is lined with grey felt like the grey army blankets...plenty of room for rifle and bipod. The shoulder strap are typical army padded straps. This case folds out into a good size mat also. There are no pockets or mag holders, but there is plenty of room to carry them inside in a bandolier or wrapped in a towel. As you can see I love this thing and will gladly discuss it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you guys get enough info?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]
So this shooting mat completely encapsulates a 16” non-collapsible ar
Or does it just wrap around the rifle like a tube with a Velcro closure on the bottom?
Dose it have ALICE type backpack straps?
Sternum strap?
Belt strap?
Does it have webbing on the outside to attach 2” MIL type pouches? Or can you add the webbing?
How big is the shooting mat?  ½ body ¾ body?
Does it have just gray felt padding or closed cell foam padding with a gray felt lining?
Do you think you cou

For 20.00 I don’t think I cant go wrong.
thanks i think i am sold.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't see it, but your are describing my pack. It is military issue and it unfold into a shooters mat
View Quote

What do you mean by "my pack?"

Looks nice. Have any better pics?

I'm trying to determine how big this is. Could it be worn with an ALICE pack?

--LS
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
hound back at ya....
size--possibly big enough for two rifles.
The dimensions on the web-site are unfolded.
Not just a wrap around. Imagine taking an army
blanket and folding your rifle inside it.
The straps are pre-Alice I thing...1965 date
No sternum or waist strap...but easily added.
Webbing would also be easy.
3/4 body------I am 6'4" and it is big 52 inches
I think it is just grey felt.
THIS NOT A FLIMSY PACK....the canvas is thick enough that you will have to lean into it to strap it down tight.
Longshot----my pack...it is where my AR sleeps
every night.
nope no pics....ya can stop by the house...
BIG...I keep trying to figure out how it would be worn with full parachute gear...maybe under
the back equipment.

Really---if you can't tell I like this thing...
and if any body wants to talk about it..I will pay for the phone call.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Really---if you can't tell I like this thing...
and if any body wants to talk about it..I will pay for the phone call.
View Quote

Strap it to your body when jumping?  Surely you jest?

That thing is made as thick as it is because it is attached to the tether along with the field pack and it hits the ground before you do.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I jest....nope that was just a pure example of ignorance in motion...I don't know anything about jumping out of planes.......I ask the pilot"ya gonna land?"  I'll stay....ain't no point in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.......
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#11]
   I'm always glad to jump as I firmly believe the Air Force has NO "perfectly good airplanes" their damn birds are always goin down when we need one. The case is called a 1950, or at least the one we currently use for jumpin' is. Nothin special , and I wouldn't pay any of my money for one. You can adjust the length for an A2 down to an M-4, also fit SAWs and 240s in similar ones.It is designed to be lowered before landing but with an A2 or M4 you really don't need to. I do recommend lowering when jumping with snowshoes mounted to it though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I would likely jump if given the opportunity...I was once told that "they don't give jump wings for rappelling" because I was such a tower rat.
Heights and free fall ain't a problem.
And before someone says "rappelling off a tower ain't freefall" it is if the master sargeant
gives you that four feet of slack he's been holding......zoom...
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#13]
   That's the funny thing, I'll jump every chance I get but I can't stand to rappel. Every one of the few times I've  gone off the tower I can't stand it. It's not a fear of heights or anything, more of a lack of trust in that stuff. Guess air assault ain't in my future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top