Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 9:05:29 AM EDT
I need to make some labels for some audio CD's.
What's a good program for copying the tracks off the orginal disk so I don't have to type everything. I have adaptec w/Jewel but it won't copy and print off the CD label. Something in shareware/freeware please.
Borg
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The names of the tracks themselves are not stored on the disc, in most cases.  You can automagically fetch the track names of the songs on a disc by playing the disc using [url=http://www.winamp.com/]WinAmp[/url], which is free to download.  The first time you play a CD in WinAmp, it will connect to CDDB, a database of CD titles and track names, and will download the information for that particular disc and store it locally.  You should be able to copy this information fairly easily onto your label.

[disclaimer] Copying CDs for purposes other than personal use by the owner is a violation of applicable copyright law. [/disclaimer]  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
for making labels geta cd stomper one of the best label makers out there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You might also want to check out

www.tucows.com

for sharware/freeware and do a search for "cd label"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top