Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 4:53:14 PM EDT
[URL]http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2002/03/03/swiss/index.html[/URL]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
And we should care about this why exactly?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well Rik I would assume that we will see massive gun control sweep into Switzerland now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL!  I stopped myself from writing a huge thing about the ordeal in bunny land earlier.  I guess you guys can feel lucky!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Post from Stormbringer -
...I would assume that we will see massive gun control sweep into Switzerland now.
View Quote

That won't bother me a lick, any longer.

Since they joined what may turn out to be our enemy one day, I'll be tickled pink when they're disarmed!

Maybe the next 'Turkish' Army that invades Central Europe will be able to have that cup of Little Swiss Miss, after all.

Eric The(ToGoWithTheirDanish)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
A very convenient situation indeed!  

Now if we would only have the collective balls to leave the UN and remove the organization from our country, "Kofi and the Boys" will have a nice neutral country to move to.

If I were President, we might be able to make that happen.  Of course, I'm sure my name would be followed by the phrase, "The the likes of which were not seen since Genghis Khan", for about 100 generations.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys should read the heritage trilogy by Ian Douglas, Great Sci-FI, it's about a war between the US and UN...and it's not the sort of tin foil hat paranoia stuff that usually floats around!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder what'll happen when the Blue Helmets try to collect up all the guns in Switzerland. It was my understanding there is a REAL Assault Rifle in every home in Switzerland. Hmm, sounds like the Blue Helmets are goinbg to be having some trouble disarming the people.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Good points, tatjana.  I still have relatives in Seewis (sp?) but am 3d generation here in the US.  That feeling of being personally responsible for defending my family and country must be genetic.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top