Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2010 4:16:59 PM EDT
Tell your stories of encounters with him here.  The Neutral Observer needs a laugh.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have wheelbarrow, will travel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Have wheelbarrow, will travel.

summed it up quite well there
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Barkless dog,

Suppressed .22
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I never had an encounter with GunKid, all I ever did was read his posts.  They could be recognized by:

––containing lots of WORDS IN ALL CAPS
––assertations that the CAR-15, with both a .22 conversion kit and a silencer, was THE BEST SURVIVAL RIFLE EVER
––assertations the the best survival food was peanut butter with Tang powder mixed in
––assertations that he wanted to steal supplies from anyone that had prepped before a crisis
––plenty of personal attacks if you challenged any of his assertations
––personal stories about how he had survived while on the run from the law

I never took his posts seriously, he was more for comic relief.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine were nightmarish and creepy.

I had a fourm. He pissed off all of my mods. So we banned him.

Well then he starts becoming different people. He had started like a half a dozen shill accounts on my forum like a whole year before. far out!

So i banned his IP and he would rejoin at another IP. So I banned that IP. It went on and on. It was a true fucking nightmare. Fuckin weirdo!
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Old trolls never get sent to prison... they just fade away.

oh, wait.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed destroying him on a daly and repetative basis.  He didn't think much of me and my "slow assed obsolete bolt action rifles".  That idiot was one of the most ignorant and self centered, delusional, wannabe, ego masturbator punks I've ever run across.  

Oh well, I'm sure he's enjoying his time getting ass raped in prison right now.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL........

I remember that idiot. At one time I think he had been kicked off every gun related board that was on the internet.

Didn't he end up in jail for something???????
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Gunkid must have been banned from more gun forums than McUzi.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]
My encounters with him were at GlockTalk, and they were about 9 years ago. I remember watching the XFL while posting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#12]
What is he in jail for?

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that the guy with the Pinto wagon?
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is he in jail for?

I don't know what he's in jail for now, but he used to sell drugs. Claims he never sampled his wares though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone had a pic of him in another thread. Anyone know where that is?

This is fun. Him and his shenanigans are truley missed for the entertainment value alone. lol  NOT!
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gunkid must have been banned from more gun forums than McUzi.

McUzi...........Another waste of space.........My vote for "Gunboard Asshole" Hall of fame..........

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
It was posted in GOTX that he died in prison in late 2007 or early 2008.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well then he starts becoming different people. He had started like a half a dozen shill accounts on my forum like a whole year before. far out!

So i banned his IP and he would rejoin at another IP. So I banned that IP. It went on and on. It was a true fucking nightmare. Fuckin weirdo!

Gunkid I think is unique in his tenacity...
The guy's MO was (is?) to find a forum and create like twenty accounts right off the bat. (I guess with the assumption he would get banned)
Then he would spam and quite often troll his own posts.

Once banned, he would fall back on the troll accounts and post more spam.
Often very slightly altered for posts he had made years ago on other forums...
His views never evolved. He never really even bothered to try and comprehend rebuttals.

The guy was just an attention whore. I don't think he really gave much of a crap about any of his favorite topics.
He knew he was full of shit.  He just lived to get people angry.
Pure troll. Glad he's in jail or prison (or mental institution) because he was difficult to ignore.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It was posted in GOTX that he died in prison in late 2007 or early 2008.

Dead?
Impossible. Turds like that don't flush.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm glad The Neutral Observer has returned.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is the story about him i read awhile back. Never seen a thread but this story is funny as hell.

http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/showthread.php?s=61d7fd6486ce6663ab3da8e944101e19&t=26526
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
This is like an oldies thread

I honestly have little memory of a lot of those threads.
Its been too damn long and read too damn much.
More train wrecks than I could ever recount.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad he's in jail or prison (or mental institution) because he was difficult to ignore.

My understanding is he get sout the first quarter of this year. Everyone hide!

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
This is the weirdest thread I've read here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Hmmm, you must be new here. lol

And by the way who is your friend int he avatar to the left with the sun tan?

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Someone just posted in another thread that he gets sprung in October?
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Say it right.

THR-Thumper is glad The Neutral Observer has returned.

Weptek911 is glad as well.

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#30]

who you be?

you kind of new here to know whats we is talkin' bout

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay. You're the noob then.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
heh...melvin.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay. You're the noob then.
lol

Looks like someone you found in line at the liquor store that said... Ill be anybody you want me to be if you buy me dis 40.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Dat's Lootie, Homes...for real.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#35]
He was funny to laugh at  

GM
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#36]
He is older then I thought he would be.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Angry Andy...

entertaining

capable of more spam per second than any human being on the planet.

Fastest ban magnet too.

You're all stupes for doubting him though. You've never faced one of his unstoppable flying bicycle kicks. he escaped from prison and lived on tang and peanut butter - translation: ran away from a half-way house because of drugs and hid in the basement of a friend and had some tang an peanut butter before he surrendered to a meter-maid.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

What is he in jail for?

Manufacturing sound suppressors with out tax stamps/drugs.

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What is he in jail for?

Manufacturing sound suppressors with out tax stamps/drugs.

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#44]
nope just a fan
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Someone had a pic of him in another thread. Anyone know where that is?

This is fun. Him and his shenanigans are truley missed for the entertainment value alone. lol  NOT!

That be me.

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#48]
http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2006/07/goodbye-gunkid.html

Goodbye Gunkid

Perhaps the most infamous troll of the internet gun world, a true Ferrous Cranus, is being held in jail without bail and faces a complaint of possession of ammunition after a prior felony conviction. According to a federal detention order, John Melvin Davis, AKA Gunkid has past convictions on eight federal offenses and received five separate sentences totaling more than 20 years in prison. Gunkid is suspected of stashing stolen weapons and almost 11,000 bullets stolen from his estranged wife in a Norman, Oklahoma storage unit. He is now is being held in the Oklahoma County jail on a federal complaint, officials said. Bob Troester, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Oklahoma City, said Davis is likely to face more than the ammunition complaint. He said his office will seek an indictment within 30 days. Gunkid's estranged wife informed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms that Davis had broken into her Colorado storage unit and stolen "several assault rifles, hand guns, some gold, silver and other ... items." She said Davis had at least eight aliases. Meanwhile, Davis was shacking up with a woman in Oklahoma. She informed officials that Davis made "numerous comments" about not going back to prison, claiming he would "disrupt the economy by poisoning the water supply and knocking out the communication system." The woman also said Davis, who has lived in Oklahoma for only a few months, had begun having packages shipped to her address, including a box of incomplete firearms frames that he planned to sell with directions on how to convert them into functioning weapons.

On June 19, agents raided Davis' mobile house in Oklahoma. Davis was detained after entering a van, and a .22 caliber pistol and several rounds of ammunition were recovered from a canvas bag he'd been carrying. Agents later searched the Norman storage unit and seized a 9 millimeter pistol, a .22 caliber pistol, a .45 caliber pistol, a .223 caliber rifle, a Colt pistol, possible silencers, gun parts and more than 10,900 bullets of various calibers.

John Melvin Davis is well known among internet gunnies as Gunkid, Hardin, Andy, and a hundred other pseudonyms he would use to disrupt gun forums. Gunkid was the inventor of the assault wheelbarrow, the advocate of a "debarked" Chihuahua as an alarm system, and a .223 fired from a 10" barrel as the ultimate weapon, which he claimed was useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because Gunkid had a severe flinch when shooting without one. He liked to allude to his magnificent IPSC shooting career. There are no records of his exploits. However, there are complete records of other competitors scores, shot in the time frame he claims to have been a competitor.

Almost every internet gunnie can remember when they first crossed paths with the irrational John Davis, no matter what the subject or where the forum was located. I certainly remember him totally destroying an otherwise great forum that I helped establish years ago. Moderators of well established forums invested much time in recognizing Gunkid when he resurfaced among their members with another name. Regardless of the name he chose, his posts were instantly recognizable for their irrational thought process, capitalization of words that made no sense, and extreme hostility towards any challenge to his delusional knowledge. These were unwavering themes in Gunkid's postings.

So how do we know that John Davis is Gunkid? Like the boogyman, Gunkid is almost a legend that makes one think he cannot die. Gunkid has been tracked across the internet for several years by cyberspace bounty hunters. For some, it was sport. For others, it was a mission. For a few, it is almost depressing that the chase has ended. One thing is certain, John Melvin Davis is Gunkid. There were people who knew exactly who he was, and tried to get him stopped long before he was apprehended by the feds.

Good bye Gunkid, you slimy piece of crap. Good riddance. I hope you get a real nice cellmate.

LawDog's Thoughts
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#49]
GunKid has a serial killer/rapist name.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Our Messiah will be free once again, to re-enlighten the disbelievers.  A great day in internet gun forum history awaits.

BTW, debarking a Chihuahua is NOTHING like debarking a tree.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top