Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2002 8:08:45 PM EDT
The rain managed to hold out for a while and people certainly seemed to enjoy themselves...  I for one can't believe I drove from Central Jersey to Richmond, went to a gun show, went to a shoot, and drove back to Central Jersey all in 18 hours.[whacko]  Who am I kidding, it was well worth it!  Here are a few pics:

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FMJunkie%2FPicture%2520007small%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FMJunkie%2FPicture%2520005small%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FMJunkie%2FPicture%2520009small%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Man that looks similiar to a shoot (involving AR15.com and Ass.web) here in Missouri back in November of last year.

It was cloudy, it was cold, and it rained.

And it was worth every minute, so I know exactly what your talking about.

Glad you had fun, and thanks for the pics. Just something about hanging around a bunch of other gun nuts (those who aren't just don't understand), for the day/weekend that makes it worth it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
why would anyone need a bipod on that little AR?  thats a waist of $$.  sorry if your offended, but if you cant hold that weapon steady (its so small)........(you can fill in the rest)
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why would anyone need a bipod on that little AR?  thats a waist of $$.  sorry if your offended, but if you cant hold that weapon steady (its so small)........(you can fill in the rest)
View Quote

What does a tripod have to do with holding an ar15?  Try going to a range and dragging along a rest or sandbags and you'll see a bipod is a sound investment.  

What is interesting to me is WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING PARALLEL TO THE HOUSE!!??  A ricochet could bang out one of those nice windows....or worse.  I'd be shooting FROM the house down and out, but I don't really know how far you're shooting anyway.

Looked like fun! What's the gun being shot in the last pic?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Are my eyes fooling me or is that a Barett 50 on the last pic?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like fun....it also brings back the memories from the Mid-MO shoot seamusmcoi mentioned.  I agree..well worth it!

Thanks for the pics!

medcop
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It was a pretty good time.  The rain blew, but at least it didn't start in earnest until we got a few hours of shooting in.  Thanks for having us over there Blackfox.

The angle of fire is about the only one that works.  There's houses or a road in the other two directions, so the range fan is pretty much limited to that direction.  It's a slight angle away from the Fox house.

Anyway, it was a good time and thanks again.

Ross
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The Bipod is on a RR M16, so instead of laying it down on a table and take the chance of it getting messed up the owner put a Bipod on it (smart). You see when someone spends 4+ Thousand dollars on something they tend to want to take care of it.  Also, the angle to the House is basically irrelevant due to the size and make up of the owners Burm that is in excess of 15' and made of newly moved dirt. Remember to gather all the facts before you jump on someone. John

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Woohoo, that's me in the pic shooting the M16. Awesome gun!! All in all I at least had a GREAT time. Black Fox has a great home and some very nice guns, and was kind to hold the event at his place.

[b]FMJunkie:[/b] If you want to, email the pics to me at [email protected] ...I have a very fast server I can stick them up on so those who were there can see the rest of them.

Thanks John for that reply about the bipod. I know if I had a M16, I'd do the same thing. An $80 bipod is nothing towards helping to keep a rifle that costs more than a few K in good condition.

Also, that dirt ate every bullet right up.

Robby

(edited for a grammar error)
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Remember to gather all the facts before you jump on someone. John

View Quote

Exactly...if he wants a bipod on it then what difference does it make.  Plus it looks good IMO.  Looks like you all had a great time.  I love shoots like that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are my eyes fooling me or is that a Barett 50 on the last pic?
View Quote

Your eyes aren't fooling you... Almost knocked one of the guns straight off the table with the recoil and concussion blast from that thing! [}:D]

Robby

(hmm remind me not to compose messages in the early morning anymore...:)
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I had a good time too.  I got to shoot:
AK-47
AR-15
M16
AR-10
Glock 17
John's 1919
We did keep on shooting in the rain.(that's how much we were injoying it.)
FMJunkie could you send me those pictures.  My email address is [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Was it raining?  I didn't even notice!

Steve
Hallmark Enterprises 01/FFL
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then I guess you will not like the bipod on my 10/22?

What an ass...

I switch my bipod between the 10/22 and the AR depending on what I am shooting.

Sorry I missed the shoot. I made the show and was planning to come over but the weather got a little crummy looking and I rode home instead.

Went to the show looking for some good AR deals and it looks like the best deals are here in the equipment exchange! I got back and ordered a M4 barrel from Pete-in-NH. Plenty of uppers but no barrels at the show.

I did pick up a glock mag from Dark Sun and an "assault rifle" case from ACE for 15!

I saw a Glock 27 for 400 and I passed on it. I later changed my mind and went back but I couldn't find it!!!    

Thanks for the Pics FMJunkie
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry I missed the shoot. I made the show and was planning to come over but the weather got a little crummy looking and I rode home instead.

Went to the show looking for some good AR deals and it looks like the best deals are here in the equipment exchange! I got back and ordered a M4 barrel from Pete-in-NH. Plenty of uppers but no barrels at the show.

I did pick up a glock mag from Dark Sun and an "assault rifle" case from ACE for 15!

I saw a Glock 27 for 400 and I passed on it. I later changed my mind and went back but I couldn't find it!!!    

Thanks for the Pics FMJunkie
View Quote

I saw a few barrels, don't remember seeing any M4 ones though. Basically, a lot of AR15 uppers, shotguns, some AR-10s, C&R stuff, and craploads of pistols. I was kinda disappointed I didn't see hardly any AKs (some guy was selling his, but that was about it AFAIK). Last one I went to was in NC and after Sept. 11, and there was plenty of them there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:43:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#19]
The pics are now up at:

[url]http://152.7.59.79/~nova/virginia-shoot/[/url]

Enjoy!

Robby
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
robbyd, DarkSun I know had several AK's on their table. The supply for AK's is a little slim at the moment but they can still be found.
View Quote

Guess I missed that. That's probably a good thing because I would have pissed off some people by getting another gun anyhow. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys!  Thanks for the pics, FMJunkie.  I'm looking forward to getting the rest.

It was a great day yesterday.  The weather was okay, but I think everyone made the best of it.  It was great to meet a bunch of new people - I would say 75% of you I hadn't met before.  I hope everyone had a good time on the range.  It was good to kick back inside afterwards, too.  We have a good group of people here in Virginia and the East Coast.  

Yes, that's one my shorty M-16's with the bipod.  I know it looks funny, but I like it better than throwing it on a table or worse - particularly with the trijicon ACOG or reflex on the top.  Also, I tend to leave my 16's loaded when I'm in the house.  I consider the bipod a little safer.    When folded up, they really don't get in the way.  I also have extra sets of handguards, so I can take the bipod on or off with a pull of the delta ring.  

Oliver's 1919 was a blast.  I was afraid to shoot it, because then I'd probably never be happy with my semi again :).  Thanks for bringing it John.  That is my Barret in the last pic, and that's me standing DIRECTLY BEHIND IT on the tractor.  Man, that thing has a blast.  

I wish the range weren't so close to the house, but it's the only place I could put it.  I've had 7 major shoots there in the last two years, and nothing has ever hit the house to my knowledge.  Robbyd brought some tannerite we blew up, which was very cool.  It actually shook the house so much, though, that it knocked my surround-sound speakers off the wall and knocked some pictures down!  My house is less than a mile from the largest planned deveopment in Virginia undergoing construction now.  I'm quite lucky I can get away with a range at all.  

Again, I'm quite glad you all could make it.  If we can't find anywhere better, I'll have another shoot this summer/fall as usual.  Have fun!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Robbyd brought some tannerite we blew up, which was very cool.  It actually shook the house so much, though, that it knocked my surround-sound speakers off the wall and knocked some pictures down!
View Quote

Ach! I really hope it didn't break anything! Just think about how much more of a blast it would have been if half of the powder hadn't been knocked out of that box! [:O]

Robby
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#23]

BlackFox,

Thanks for the excellent hospitality yesterday. It was great to meet some fellow Virginians play with a bunch of awesome toys, and kick back and chat in the Fox’s den afterwards. .  Look forward to next time! Hope that we don’t have to wait too long.  ;-)

Can someone email me who the two FFL were who were there? I’ll be in the market for a few new toys once I sell off one I have.

Poodleshooter:  What was that web site that you mentioned when I told you I was looking for a backup rear site?  Thx.

--Marty
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#24]
robbyd - no problem!  I think I was actually the one that blew it up!  I just have to hang some things back up.  I got a big kick out of seeing the stuff blown off the wall :).

Pretty cool you got a static IP for your redhat/apache server at NCSU.  I wasn't able to do that when I was there a few years ago!  

For those of you interested in taking Mas Ayoob's classes out at my place this fall, you can see the schedule at [url]http://www.ayoob.com/lfi96.html[/url].  It is a great deal for those of you in Virginia, and a significant amount of the proceeds goes to VCDL - an organization fighting for freedom and promoting education right here in Virginia.  For those of you not already a member, please check them out at [url]http://www.vcdl.org/[/url]

Here's a pic from last year's LFI-1 class:

[img]http://www.vcdl.org/sf2001/firingline2_sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Longshot - it was very cool of you two to join us yesterday considering you didn't know any of us!  I'm glad you had fun.  The two FFL's are John Oliver and Steve with Hallmark_Ent.  You can find their e-mail and phone numbers in posts to this thread I think.  

I highly recommend we support these guys.  They are both great guys and went through a lot of trouble to be able to sell to people like us in Virginia.  Both of them do it as a service, so it's crazy of us not to take advantage of it!  Besides, it gives us an excuse to get together when everybody comes back into town!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#27]
"What does a tripod have to do with holding an ar15? Try going to a range and dragging along a rest or sandbags and you'll see a bipod is a sound investment. "
well i take my 20" bushy out to the 100-200yd range with open sites and without a bipod. i hardly use sand bags too.  i use two things GOD gave me. ARMS!  hehehe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
robbyd - no problem!  I think I was actually the one that blew it up!  I just have to hang some things back up.  I got a big kick out of seeing the stuff blown off the wall :).

Pretty cool you got a static IP for your redhat/apache server at NCSU.  I wasn't able to do that when I was there a few years ago!  
View Quote

I know someone would do a reverse lookup on that address sooner or later, or know who owns that class B (I think NCSU owns a class B, not sure).

I don't go to NCSU, I actually go to Virginia Tech this year, but have some friends at NCSU, so we have a nice little Linux box there to fool around with. VT's network connection is always overloaded. (The pipes are constantly at 90%+...I think they have an OC-12 through the Network Virginia initiative up to SprinkLink. Sprintlink is the major bottleneck from what I hear, and it's their only backbone uplink. Thus, I don't get much throughput at VT.) I've heard NCSU does allow you to get a host name, but it has to be one they give you (ncsu.edu). I believe the IP is dynamic, but the DHCP lease times are so long it doesn't matter for the most part. Personally, I think this is a great policy.

Correction: I asked my friend, and he said the IP was changed after Christmas, which might support the idea that it's a semi-dynamic IP, and the hostname is the one that stays the same and is associated to the NIC's MAC addr via DHCP somehow. They haven't gotten a hostname yet assigned for the box though.

Robby
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I can't believe I actually believed the weather channel, and stayed home...
I didn't want to drive 5 hours in the rain, and not get to shoot...

I actually had the directions printed out, my truck was gassed up, all the guns were packed, and all my mags got loaded the night before...

I got up at 5AM and checked the weather channel...The radar looked REAL bad, so I just went back to bed...

DAMMIT !!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#32]
dam...looks like a good time was had by all..I'll have to make it to the shoot next time..little league tryouts took awhile longer than I had hoped... still made it to the show later in the day...for now I guess I'll just have to keep stocking up on ammo..hey, it could have been worse, I could have bought another gun at the show [:D]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I can't believe I actually believed the weather channel, and stayed home...
I didn't want to drive 5 hours in the rain, and not get to shoot...

I actually had the directions printed out, my truck was gassed up, all the guns were packed, and all my mags got loaded the night before...

I got up at 5AM and checked the weather channel...The radar looked REAL bad, so I just went back to bed...

DAMMIT !!!
View Quote

[b]If it ain't rain'in, it ain't train'in[/b]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Give me a call or send me an e-mail!  E-mail is best and preferred.

[email protected]
Hallmark Enterprises 01/FFL
804-986-7409

Since I deal off my kitchen table, I do not carry any inventory, not enough room left on the table to eat. Since I carry no inventory everything must be ordered, I can usually get just about anything the next day, however anything I order must be pre-paid in full.  Contact me directly for terms.  

If anyone is interested in SAR-1's (AK Clones), my FFL (Hallmark Enterprises) is on file with http://www.gunsnammo.com/ so just give them a call and order one, they will ship it to me and I can transfer it to you.  The last time I checked they were going for $299.99 plus shipping and insurance.  

Anyone at the shoot can email me at [email protected] for quotes.  

Had a great time at BlackFox's as always, he's a great guy, and a huge supporter of your right to keep and bear arms.  So sign up for the class this fall!!!!  
**Special deal for anyone that signs up for the Mas Ayoob class this fall!  Bring me proof of registration and I will sell you ANY new handgun my distributor's offer's at my cost!**
**Must be VA resident, and all federal and state laws apply**

Don't forget John Oliver of Dane Manufacturing if you need any NFA item, he is the man!  Worth the drive!  The deal's he is offering on Triple XXX cans is crazy, everyone at the shoot should buy at least one muzzle can from him.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#35]
24+ hours after the shoot and I'm wondering if my Gemtech M4-96d is still smoking.  Even with spraying tons of CLP on it and holding it out in the rain, it was stills smoking 10-15 minutes after I fired 60 rounds.  Hot hot hot.  
Tripple-X will probably be my next one, so I could use it with 22lr.

Why did everyone leave early?  You missed the dancing girls. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Can't be done to the new AR-50's.  They now come pinned or welded to the barrel.  Seems someone took one apart and installed it back on incorrectly.  Blew his rifle to bits and might have harmed himself.  Not sure.   Anyway, Armalite decided to make it so nobody can be that stupid again.

Now Blackfox with his 82 can and is planning on getting a supressor for his 50.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Special thanks to BlackFox for hosting the shoot.  

My 10 yr old son Brian shot an M-16 with an M-4 upper (on semi) for the first time!  I think he shoots better than me....Looks like all the time he spent on a 10/22 paid off.

Now, if I can just get that dang Colt 9mm upper to run right....

Rain, shine, whatever.  The guns didn't mind the weather at all.  Everyone had a great time.  Glad to meet other like minded folks in VA.

VirginiaM4
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#40]
VirginiaM4 - I think I owe you an apology.  I imagine you figured out why the spot directly to the right of me was still open, huh? :)

I hope you and Brian still had some feeling in the left side of your head.  Hope to see you next time!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Poodleshooter:  What was that web site that you mentioned when I told you I was looking for a backup rear site?  Thx.
--Marty
View Quote

Hey Marty,
Good to meet you. The site that I mentioned was [url]www.model1sales.com[/url]
BlackFox,
Thanks for the hospitality. Hopefully I'll get there a little earlier next time.
So...when's the next shoot? [50]  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Huh?  What?  Talk louder, I can't hear you!

Seriously, no apologies needed.  We are OK and we now know better than to be anywhere near a .50 with a muzzle brake.

30 round M-16 mags - $17/ea
300 round SA Battle Pack ammo - $40
M-16 w/M4 upper - $5500
Loading mags with my kid in the rain - Priceless
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#46]
i had put up a statment about a photo with a guy who had a bipod on his fire arm,  i would like to offically say i am sorry, i did not mean to offend anyone by this.  it does kinda look cool. therefore i take back all pre statments i have made.  once again i am sorry if i offended you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Dang!  Now I'm kind of miffed that I didn't go... had the day scheduled off and everything.  

And, no.. I wasn't being a wussy about the weather... I had personal reasons. Now I'll know better! [;)]

Glad y'all had a good time.  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here's a pic from last year's LFI-1 class:

[img]http://www.vcdl.org/sf2001/firingline2_sm.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Could you get any closer to that target?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Here is a link to another Machinegun Shoot in VA:

[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/events.cgi?read=210[/url]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top