Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 10:32:17 PM EDT
I maybe be out of line posting this, but so be it.

DO NOT BUY FROM ICEMANOKC!!!

Originally, him and I had agreed apon a price for a lot of 40 new Colt 20 round magazines. After agreeing to take a money order from me, he "accidently" accepted payment via paypal from someone else.

Then, we work a deal out to where I would be buying another lot of 30 Colt mags from this guy, he apologized, sent me a mag to compensate, etc. We had agreed on a price, and talked on the phone several times. I went and got a MO, and postage.

I went outside to set it in my mail box, came back in, and checked my email. Turns out, he had just sold it to someone else for more money. Rat bastard f-ed me twice.

DON'T BUY FROM HIM!

Just now I received an email from another member who the same thing happened to. Here is a direct cut and paste from that email:

"Seems their isn't any lifeguards in the AR15.com gene pool, lots of
flakes!!
Just got fucked tonite on a deal after we agreed on terms and he writes
back
to say he sold stuff to someone else and for more money!   Bob"

BUYER BEWHERE.

ComputerGuy
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
These mags?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1073876124[/url]

Lucky thing that ebay doesn't know he's selling high cap mags.  If they did they'd pull his account.

[;)]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Computer Guy, you have every reason to be pissed but I wouldn't take it too personal.

This seems to be happening more and more. What these individuals are doing is running an auction not a sale.
Seems they get offers and then take the highest, regardless of who was first in with the asking price.

We need a code of ethics and a place to ID those that choose otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Check this out:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1077714225[/url]

Is it just me or do these look like refinished mags?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
NIW mgs dont even look that good when you cut them out of the bag!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This seems to be happening more and more. What these individuals are doing is running an auction not a sale.
Seems they get offers and then take the highest, regardless of who was first in with the asking price.

We need a code of ethics and a place to ID those that choose otherwise.
View Quote

If you or anyone encounters such antics then rat 'em out right there on their post and then e-mail me, Stokes or Sterling.  If they've got an O.B.O. on it and they're trying to use that to solicit higher bids then we'll try and yank their post asap.  If they want an auction then let 'em go pay auction fees somewhere!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
 Well Compguy, I have your mags all boxed up and ready to ship.  As soon as the money order processes my bank I'll ship you a nice big box of mags. Since it was not USPS you have to wait till next week for mags.  If you turn out to be Honest I'll post a nice message about you here.

I have had a fake Republic money order and a homemade bank draft sent to me for various things I have sold.  I referred both of them to the USPS for mail fraud.  One got some jail time as I recall.

Post on Bowers on the "Board of Inquiry" if he is really a dirtbag.  These people need to be weeded out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
If you or anyone encounters such antics then rat 'em out right there on their post and then e-mail me, Stokes or Sterling. If they've got an O.B.O. on it and they're trying to use that to solicit higher bids then we'll try and yank their post asap. If they want an auction then let 'em go pay auction fees somewhere!!!
View Quote

Kevin, I was being overly simplistic when I referred to these types of sales as an auction.

The problem lies with both buyers and sellers. As an example I've had buyers email me when I had a particularly nice item for sale and offer me more than the asking price if I'd sell it to them. Preban lowers come to mind. When I respond that the item is already spoken for I've received responses such as "tell him that you decided not to sell and I'll send an extra $50.00....". Or words to that effect.

So I see the problem as a matter of integrity. It would be difficult to prove who the bad guys are but it is possible. We need a method of compiling data; ebays system comes to mind.
No one person should be able to drive a stake through another's heart by giving a bad report but his voice should be heard. Over time patterns will become evident and we'll be able to glean good from bad.

This brings up the issue of the definition of a bad guy. My stance is that a man’s word is his bond. A man who will not do the right thing, when no one is watching, is not to be trusted.  I don’t want to associate with men of that ilk and certainly will not send them my money, no matter how sweet the deal

Perhaps I’m in the minority. If so then I (and those like minded) will eventually drift off.  

What it boils down to is what do we, collectively, want this board to be? There is a nice degree of camaraderie, good-natured banter and a hell of a lot of experience.  All good stuff and I like the mix. We just need to tighten up the ethical aspects of buying and selling.  

As I said before we need to establish a code of ethics that apply to buying a selling on this board. Those that choose not play need to be identified and go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya know, it may not seem like a big deal to some, seeing as how you didn't lose any money on the deal.

But what the hell has happened to a mans word these days?

I had an item that I had up for trade awhile back. I got an some offers, and made a deal with an individual.

Next day I had three offers via email that were much better than the deal I'd made.

Did I back out? No.

What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays? Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is. But it's these little things that are wrong that paint a bigger picture.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I a pretty simple soul.

A deal is a deal.

When I'm selling I deal with the potential buyers as they come in.  Just sold a couple of things yesterday and today up on the "Equipment Exchange" and in each case prospect number two was the buyer.
I simply emailed the other buyers thanked them for their interest and informed them the item was sold.

Did have one guy who believed he was going to screw me on a trade.  Told him I did travel.  Got the track numbers the next day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Ha!!  cool,, not the mags but that the counter was set on 223 i refreshed cause i thaught maybe thats just the way its set .. came back as 225..  yeah yeah I know its LATE !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top