Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 9:15:29 PM EDT
I know allot of you guys like myself are in highly technical jobs.  Allot of the other guys that I work with are into Techno and Trance music.  Do any of you guys like it too?  Whos your favorite DJ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Wyoming and house music just don't seem to go together in my head!

Around here, not many guys are into techno, most are into rap/rock, guidos are notorious for the house stuff, although I don't think you have the guido problem that NY has!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Very little and WY go together [:)] I dont think we have any quido's around here?  Lots of mullets though!
[img]http://www.nakedhatred.com/mulletsgalore/mulletpix/classifications/III/drivin_thelane.jpg[/img]

Took an MPM of 7 at the mall last weekend.  For those not schooled in mullets, MPM is mullets per minute.  If you have a MPM of 8, that means you say 8 mullets in the span of one minute.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, yes.  I used to substitute DJ at KUIO at the U of Idaho every now and then, and used to pull this stuff out of the racks and check it out while putting it on the air.

Listening to this on KUIO in remote Alaska now!!!  The miracle of the internet at work.

I don't do technical work now.  Just when the PLC that operates the plant goes TU.

At home it is tough to pick up the Anchorage college station.  These stations have the power of a light bulb.  That really sucks.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
In my "former life" i wrote much techno, trance, acid house, ambient.. you name it, bleeps and blurps, it had my name on it..

nowadays i barely have time to listen, much less create.. but I do enjoy paul van dyk, deep dish, delerium, faithless to name a few

some of my tracks:
[url]http://www.mp3.com/maelcum[/url]
[url]http://www.mp3.com/ftz[/url]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Paul van Dyk
Sven Väth
Carl Cox
Taucher

Live aus Stuttgart mit RealPlayer:
Sunshine Live
[url]http://www.sunshine-live.de/[/url]
Wir Sind Unter Euch!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm really into techno, here's my list of good techno artist.

Leftfeild
Utah Saints
Paul Oakenfeild
The Dust Brothers
KroftWerke, just for the history, the first techno band
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer deep house.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the stuff, listen all the time to it.  

More into the Hard house stuff, Progressive stuff.
Most stuff out there sucks, CHICAGO IS THE PLACE!!  

Check out the Dj's from Chicago, you will never go back.
DJ Physco Bitch is a fav out here.

Also like D & B too.  

check out www.groovetech.com
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know allot of you guys like myself are in highly technical jobs.  Allot of the other guys that I work with are into Techno and Trance music.  Do any of you guys like it too?  Whos your favorite DJ?
View Quote

It pisses the hell out of me after having two years worth of roomates who listen to the **** constantly.  Sounds like someone banging their head against the wall...and it makes me want to strangle the living **** out of someone.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It pisses the hell out of me after having two years worth of roomates who listen to the **** constantly.  Sounds like someone banging their head against the wall...and it makes me want to strangle the living **** out of someone.
View Quote

I definately agree! But after going to EXIT in NYC (3 blocks from me), you'd change your mind.  Holy shit does that place fucking rock!  The music draws the hot chicks, the hot chicks are 2-1 for us guys, AT THE VERY LEAST!  Only thing that sucks is if you actually like one of these girls, you'll have to suffer through some of her music. [:(]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Tangerine Dream has a great techno disc called "The Dream Mixes".

3 versions: All basicly the same, but 2 and 3 have bonus tracks:

Highly recomended.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#13]
[:)]My job is technical, too, and the majority of my listening is electronica.
My favorite band of all time is still Kraftwerk, I've got most of their stuff in multiple languages.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]
God, you guys make me feel old. I can remember when Pink Floyd and Alan Parsons Project were techno.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Recommendation:

[url]http://www.energy9275.com[/url]

Online radio rocks.  [:)]

Mike
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Producers:
BT (his DJ sets are excellent also)
Way Out West
Sasha
Paul Van Dyk
DJ Shadow
etc.

DJs:
Oakie
Van Dyk
Sasha and Digweed
a lot of the Ministry of Sound/Perfecto stuff
DJ Stein H

I love Prog House. Dark house and some of the deeper trance is good too. D&B, experimental, and a lot of the other "less accessable" forms of electronic music are great also!

Robby
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I definately agree! But after going to EXIT in NYC (3 blocks from me), you'd change your mind.  Holy shit does that place fucking rock!  The music draws the hot chicks, the hot chicks are 2-1 for us guys, AT THE VERY LEAST!  Only thing that sucks is if you actually like one of these girls, you'll have to suffer through some of her music. [:(]
View Quote

Club EXIT does kick ass...I drive by all the time even though I'm several precincts away. I don't seem to get too many chick, probably because of all the blue polyester and kevlar I wear.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Hardcore old school heavy metal.  Like my guns.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I listen to just about anything.  For techno/trance, I usually fireup my Winamp and listen to tagstrance (http://www.tagstrance.com)
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#20]
OK here's a question for you ambient/trance music listens.  Back a couple of years ago Hearts of Space on public radio places this tune that had gallaping/whining HORSES in it.  It was ambient sounded kind of western.  What was the name of it and who was the musician?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#21]
A buddy of mine is a DJ up in New England, he's all about Paul Okenfald, and all those.

I got into hardcore German dance music when I took a trip over there.  Going to the range, I'll usually put in some Russian techno as done best by Dr. Bronx and Natali.  Whenever I mess with my 'black guns' nothing beats Daft Punk, they seem to go well togheter [:)]

Spice in some patriotic Russian military songs completes the list.  Red Army Chorus and the Leningrad Cowboys doing "Glory Glory" are great! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#22]
[url]www.groovetech.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top