Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2001 11:45:37 AM EDT
Having to drop out of the group purchase left me with $600 dollars burning a hole in my pocket. I decided to use it to build a low budget target rifle. I have the scope already (a Tasco SS10x42), and I plan on putting a Timmey Featherlight trigger, but the stock on this gun sucks. Who makes a decent stock for this gun, and what else would you put on it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at the Choate "ultimate target & sniper" stock? The stock seems real adjustable to fit any specific likeing.  Looks pretty bitch'n too
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]

#232 A-4 R/H Long Savage 110 Factory t/g, Factory Heavy B/C, Spacer System, Adjustable Saddle Type Cheek Piece, 6 flush cups Green and Black Marble   $450.00

I was in the McM shop this morning picking up one of the I-net specials and saw this stock.
It has everything at a price below retail.
click on the internet specials icon
from [url]www.mcmfamily.com
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
check the new savage cat. they build one like this now, on what i believe is a choate stock. called a varminter, but only in 223& 22-250. but that`s what the gun looks like fitted out with target stock & accessories. they will most likely extend the caliber range if this sells for them.....B&G....
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
P.S....SOME of these savage rifles do not need any trigger work. i have a 111-243 that has a extremely light trigger from the fact. man, does it shoot NICE!.........[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can afford that McMillan, that's about the best.  The Choate 'Ultimate Sniper' stock, while it sounds cheesy, is actually very comforable and user-friendly at a very reasonable price.  It is, however, much heavier than the McM.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.varminthunters.com/sshooter.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top