Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 6:46:22 PM EDT
i just picked this movie up today.  i know it got crappy reviews, but i loved it.  never have i seen the ar showcased as much as i did in this movie. i wonder what led them to choose the ar????
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
POSTMAN
I MEANT POST ----  MAN...  musta been those retard sandwiches i had for breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the movie "The postman" Made from The book of the same name By David Brin and staring Kevin Costner?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
"Coolest ever"---not even. You should really check out a copy of Heat.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Heat is great but I have to put "Scar face" right up there. When Pacino goes off with the M-16/M203 combo. M-4's are O.K. but if I'm really pissed off I'll reach for the M16/M203.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
"I ain't gonna choot choo, man. I ain't gonna choot choo.
Manny, choot this piece of chit."
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked the girl in the Postman.  Cute, sexy, could butcher a horse amd when she ran out of rounds she retained the rifle and slung it over her back.  I don't know how many movies I have seen where people throw down a perfectly good weapon because it is out of bullets.  Perhaps you could find some ammo later.  

Also the actor that played the bad guy was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've liked all of Kostner's epics, especially this movie, although a lot of it is hard to swallow realistically.  

I'm kinda dissappointed we haven't seen another of Kostner's apocoliptic visions recently.  I'm looking forward to the next!  Maybe he can remake Stephen King's "The Stand" into what the book actually reads like.  Now that'd be badass!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone seen 3000 Miles to Graceland?  Great shoot out in Las Vegas.  They knew the business end of a M-16.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Is Anne Coster 18 yet?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#10]
even better. A movie version of the book 1632 by eric flint. Now that would rock!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:48:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm Holding out for Bruce Willis, In the Remake Of "The Omega man"
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm Holding out for Bruce Willis, In the Remake Of "The Omega man"
View Quote

The last I heard about the remake is that they were going to cast Will Smith instead of Bruce Willis.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe a little off topic, 'casue I cannot remember if any AR's are used specifically, but anyway, I really liked "THE WAY OF THE GUN."

Was a quirky movie....but had some really cool scenes in it.

If I remember correctly, mostly showcased 1911's and shotguns, and a sniper scene.

Yow, Out

...SUA SPONTE...
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Let's get some pure schtick in here.  "Dawn of the Dead."  Even though the rifles are really the lowly AP74.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Despite Costner's blatantly anti-gun stance, I must say that most of his movies are actually pretty good.  I liked The Postman a lot.  It showed what will happen to a disarmed populace in a microcosm, namely, they will be victims of the vicious and violent.  The indoctrination techniques used by the 8 were very interesting.  Through brutality and violence, they succeeded in creating an army of people who have no respect for life at all.  Kind of scary really.  It's very similar to the Hitler Youth indoctrination techniques.

Soldier (Kurt Russell movie) has a similar degree of indoctrination.

Anyway, the movie was entertaining.  Most people have a very short attention span and therefore criticize Costner's epics as being too long and poorly edited, but if you really look at the plot dynamics, it would be very difficult to get a decent telling without all of the film being shown.

My personal favorite is Dances with Wolves, even though it doesn't have any ARs.

By the by, the girl in The Postman is an Englishwoman named Olivia Williams.  Quite a hottie, Englishness be damned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top