Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 1:41:59 PM EDT
OK, I just got my Arizona CCW (gubmint permission to exercise my RIGHT) and I'm looking for a decent carry gun that won't break the bank. I was at a gunshop on my lunchbreak, and checked out a Mauser M2. Looked pretty decent, price was only $419.00, and of course the salesman said it shoots good. Anybody out there with any comments or experience with these things? I posted this over at TNUSA and got only 1 reply, kinda middle-of-the-road. Hopefully I can tap more knowledge here. I already have a 92FS, S&W 686-4, and a 1911. I'm looking for something lighter and more concealable. AND-even USED Glocks are pricey here, so I'd probably go for a regular SIG if I can find one used at a good price. (they're less expensive than Glocks used) Help?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't sweat price on something you want. Gun List newsrag is nationwide & you just need a FFL holder to transfer for you, usually $25 or so. A pawn shop will usually do that.

My small carry gun is a S&W Performance Center model 460, the equilivent to their 442.

My "normal" carry gun is a H&K USP45C S/S.

A Commander size 1911 wouldn't be a bad choice, IMO.

I would have a hard time leaping onto a new design like the Mauser for my carry gun. Spare parts would be a constant worry for me as well.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. A guy who posts as "gunsmith" over at TNUSA said spare parts are not a problem for them (he claims he works on SIGs also) so I'm kinda leaning towards this piece, as EVERYGODDAMNBODY has a Glock, I think they are about the ugliest pistol on the market (regardless of accuracy and funtionability), and nobody else I know or have seen at the range has been shooting a Mauser, and I strive to be different. Also, knowing the Mauser reputation (most copied bolt action in history) I'm inclined to take the plunge and go for it. If not the Mauser, I'll likely try and get a SIG if the price is right. I really like the Colt carry size, they just seem to be a little out of my price range, and I'll admit to having a fondness for Colt in my heart. I'm really trying to find something GOOD at a GOOD price. Wishful thinking, huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top