Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 12:26:54 PM EDT
after reading about the va shoot this weekend and seeing how everybody is getting together, i was wondering what actually happens at these things.

is it a bunch of guys blasting away all day? beer and food afterward? does everybody know each other? is there down time...places to sit.? live bands? strippers?

i really have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
eurotrash says:

is it a bunch of guys blasting away all day? beer and food afterward? does everybody know each other? is there down time...places to sit.? live bands? strippers?

Well
Let me know the next time you have that shoot!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep!

All of that and more!

I'd tell you the rest, but it would have to be on an adult-only website!

But don't tell Miz Hun!

Eric The(SheThinksIt'sOnlyStrippers)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Well,
one I went too. Anti took a 50 cal API and was shooting Propane tanks.  

Another one we did a line of about 10 people to Bump fire at the same time.  

AFARR tried to bump fire a Barrett 82 from the hip.  

Shooting pop cans out of the air, tossing them up yourself, and blasting them with a 590A1.  

So much damm fun, if the Anti's knew about it, they get us arrested. [;)]

Dont be cheap on the ammo, bring a case or so with.
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
As a gesture of the more experienced guys on the firing line, the new guy has to hold the targets on the first day.

AFARR

PS--It wasn't exactly bump firing--I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the bump (I think I'd need a sling for that).
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I was taken to one once before. People there got mean and left. We stayed later and picked up their trash.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about the Va. shoot but Bulletfest is pretty much what Eurotrash described minus the strippers and live band. The firing line is a free for all for about an hour at a time with a brief break for resetting targets. Lots of time to admire and test drive hardware and socialize and make new friends. A lunch break(brats on the grill ala' Ed Sr.) and back to the shooting. The drinking happens off the range after the shooting is over. You bring your own seats, refreshments, music, portable shelters, whatever you think might make the day a little more enjoyable. Lots of interesting targets. I'm thinking of a Christmas theme this year, maybe a junk car or a U.N check point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Stripper lots of Stripper but don't tell the womenz.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was taken to one once before. People there got mean and left. We stayed later and picked up their trash.
View Quote

Always with the positive outlook :)
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to say this about "shoots":

I only knew 1 person there.  (the VA one that is) I have to admit that I was a little nervous heading down there as I knew there would be a bunch of people who all knew each other and not me.  Plus, I'm a shy person by nature.

Once I got there, my nervousness quickly dissapeared.  Everyone was very nice and seemed happy to meet me.  It was fun & loud with lots of belt-fed lead flying about but it was also very safely conducted and everyone was acting very responsibly.

If you have the opportunity to get together with folks from the board for a shoot, give it a try!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's what happens (as if I really know):

Imbrog|io shows up in a '67 Dodge Dart that's chugging like it needs a valve job real bad.

He removes the coathanger holding the trunk closed and pulls out a 10/22 and a rusty .38.  He got the .38 from a guy in a parking lot somewhere just before a LAPD buy-back.

After he takes this to the line, he goes back and brings a huge bag of Kettle Corn.

He talks to everybody about where he can get a job, and ogles everybody's GF or wife  to the point they start getting weirded out.

He pays his fee with change that looks like it's been underwater for a while, then goes to the line and shoots a few targets until his wrist gives out, having been heavily used earlier in the day, and the night before.

He then  asks what time the strippers are showing up.

When informed they were talking about stripper CLIPS, he says something that includes several uses of "bogus" and "lame" and mentions how he's the victim of a cruel bunch.  Then he skulks back to his Dodge and drives off, five minutes before the strippers and lap-dancers show up.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep!

All of that and more!

I'd tell you the rest, but it would have to be on an adult-only website!

Eric The(SheThinksIt'sOnlyStrippers)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Ah yes!!!!  I remember that shoot.  I emptied my whole mag that day[;)]. Sadly however it was just a single shot.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#14]
when i first wrote, i was basically thinking about the kind of shoot i would like to have. large private property where almost anything goes...grill fire and food cooking. very friendly and casual. sort of like a superbowl party with guns. i figured the band and strippers were a stretch, but i wouldn't have been surprsied.

i saw the pics from the va shoot..and it defiitely seemed to be a good time. thanks for posting them. i'll have to see about making it to some this spring. since i don't have all kinds of exotic hardware to bring, could i make up for it by bringing beer, ammo, and perhaps an occasional hottie that could answer all of your ballistics questions?

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Several of us from this board met a litle over a year ago and have since formed a club here in the great state of Alabama.  We shoot at least once a month, and all of the above goes on.  Shooting, BBQ'ing, BSing, etc., etc., and usually a cold beer or six afterwords at one of our houses.  Very true, good friendships have been forged as a result.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
after reading about the va shoot this weekend and seeing how everybody is getting together, i was wondering what actually happens at these things.

i really have no idea.
View Quote

Depends upon the shoot.  For the BRC later this year we decided against the strippers but added in a bunch of raffle & door prizes as well as a lot of manufacturers displaying their products & answering your questions.

The BBQ/banquet, band & prizes start Sat evening after shooting all day.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top