Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 8:59:01 AM EDT
PV2 Don Carter
B. Co. 2-46 Inf.
1st Platoon Untouchables
Ft Knox, KY 40121

I'm printing out some threads from here and sending them to him this afternoon plus my personal review from the new flick out today "We were young once".

His wife emailed me the info and asked me to post it for nay of you that know Don.

Don was VERY cool when he sold me equip and mags for my M1A.  I couldnt believe my luck in finding someone honorable to deal with on the internet.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
"Untouchables?"

What, did he join the Indian Army? [:D]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Back in AIT and basic the DI used to make us "push" for our mail. Needless to say, I instructed my parents and friends to put all letters together in a manilla envalope and send them all at once....I thought I was being smart.
However, the DI made me open the envalope and out comes 14 letters! O shit, says I. Push, says he. And push I did!

Rangers lead the way!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Im sending:

1 Maxim magazine

1 geedunk bag of mixed variety candy

1 stack of AR15.com threads

my letter with review of "We were young once"

anything else he might need?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
satcong, unless Army basic is vastly different that Parris Island in this respect, he will pay greatly for the Maxim and the pogey bait. I'd only send plain white paper in a plain white envelope.

Guys who got packages had to open them in front of the DIs, and if they got candy/ cake/ cookies/ etc. they had to either trash them or eat the whole mess right there, followed by a canteen of hot water and several hundred monkey-f*ckers. You get the picture, I'm sure.

But hey, maybe you're just trying to make sure he gets plenty of exercise while he's there! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Im sending:

1 Maxim magazine

1 geedunk bag of mixed variety candy

1 stack of AR15.com threads

my letter with review of "We were young once"

anything else he might need?
View Quote

MY GAWD MAN!
ARE YOU TRYING TO GET THE MAN KILLED?

Whatever you do, do not send him this stuff if you like him. He and his entire platoon will be pushing for days. Just wait until he gets out of training to send him cool stuff.

All the way!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]
See now in the NAVY, they never messed with our mail...guess I'll have to follow your advice...
hehehe
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait a minute! Is he at Basic training (boot camp) or is he at AIT (advanced infantry training)?

If he's at boot camp, I wouldn't send him anything that would draw attention to him. If he's at AIT, he can have pretty much anthing we'd be up for shipping out.

Clarification?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry sorry, He is at Basic, I thought it was called AIT, because you ARMY guys do everything different....heh.

"AIT in Virginia (I think) but  I'm not really sure of the time frame.  He said he may be able to come home between Basic and AIT if there is a long wait for classes to start.  Well, in the meantime, here's his address at Basic: "
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry sorry, He is at Basic, I thought it was called AIT, because you ARMY guys do everything different....heh.
View Quote

Easy there, shipmate! I'm no more an "ARMY guy" than you are! I'm at attention when "Anchors Aweigh" plays, just like you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Ha!  The ARMY, compare to the NAVY???!  Are you kidding me??????

Just joking, of course I wish now I would have joined the Army.  But who knew?  My old man was USAF...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top