Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 2:57:51 PM EDT
Hey all,

My brother just called me, he's heading home via I-77/64 North currently just north of Beckley, WV.

Do any of you know what is going on with the Turnpike? He said he has heard that it is closed, and I've seen the same thing on some news articles.

Anybody know WTF is going on down there?

I can't seem to find much info about it...
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding that the turnpike is closed, according to my brother.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
77 and 64 are real bad in spots.  My parents drove it today.  Dad helped a Jeep that had gone off in the median then got stuck himself 50ft up the road.  They made it though, but it took about double the usual time and was a white knuckle ride.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's closed due to snow. Accidents were interfering with the snow removal. It will be open as soon as it's plowed. I'm 30 miles southeast of Beckley looking at 2 feet of snow. The weather gets better the farther west /  north he goes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
That whole stretch is FUBAR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top