Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 1:25:05 PM EDT
Anyone have the DVD? Is it any good?

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks pretty good...I saw a similiar WW1 movie about some English or French trapped in the Argonne forrest by the Germans.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That looks pretty good...I saw a similiar WW1 movie about some English or French trapped in the Argonne forrest by the Germans.

That sounds like "The Lost Battalion".
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Joyeaux Noel is another good WWI film. Released in 2005, IIRC. It's about the 1914 Christmas truce.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like "The Lost Battalion".

Yes...excellant movie. I like the way they "conducted" the war...

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The Lost Battalion is a great movie, if you haven't seen it I recommend you watch it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The Lost Battalion is a great movie, if you haven't seen it I recommend you watch it.

Agree and agree.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The book is excellent.  No idea how they made it into a movie though.  It's a bunch of short stories with not a lot of anything tying them together.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I just put it in my Netflix queue, so we'll see. Only has 3 stars there, but I'll watch it. Been a while since I've seen Lost Battalion, so I put that on the list too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Worst war ever
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Worst war ever

As far as U.S wars go, I think the Civil War might have been worse.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Worst war ever

As far as U.S wars go, I think the Civil War might have been worse.

But at least one can understand why that had to be fought.  Nothing was ever going to resolve those differences aside from separation or war. Why was WWI fought?  Was it worth the carnage?  And it just lead to an even worse war, but at least THAT war was understandable.

I guess that's what makes WWI so abhorrent to me, its pointlessness combined the the scale of mortality.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL you know I actually worked on the film and even have a page on IMDB from it and I have never seen the film.  The combat was filmed at the Great War Association site in Newville, PA and the trenches used in the gasing scene early in the clip were built by WW1 living history unit.

Maybe I should actually get a copy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top