Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 10:46:21 PM EDT
Anti- government? That we threaten the government with are pro-gun thoughts and are pro-contusion thoughts also? Do you think that AR15.com members are thought to be anti-government group to the government?

Just think we all are pro-gun something they are trying to take away from us. We are all willing to fight for what we belive in right?  So why would the government not think of us as a threat 20,000+  people is a lot to screw with and most of them having one or more firearms and having at least 100+ round's of ammo for that firearm. They think 30,000 round of ammo is a lot for 5-10 guys I'd like to see what they think if we all joined forces and had all are ammo in one pile.

This is just a thought. This is also something you might need to think about more with this new war we are having now. Just think at a click we all could start the next revolution and it could be so easy that most of us don't think about it at all. This is just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. It is only a matter of time before someone alerts the Office of Homeland Defense that this is a "domestic terrorist" site.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Imbroglio, that's not even funny.  I used to post here under my first two initials plus last name, before GB stopped allowing spaces in the names.  As far as I know, I can be uniquely identified by those initials and my state, so I take the idea of being branded a criminal very serious.  tayous1, we're not anti-government.  We're pro-Constitution.  Oops, that's the same thing in the eyes of many.z
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel like we become anti-government only when the government becomes anti-people.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If we were anti-government, wouldn't we then be anarchists?

I'm pro-government.  I think many of us believe that the government has become a huge lumbering juggernaut that has lost sight of it's true purpose... to defend the people and their rights and freedoms.  I for one believe this.

We bitch about it a great deal, as we as firearms enthusiasts, survivalists, individualists have a hard time dealing with the close minded reactionaries that give into emotional and social pressures without even a pretense of logical analysis.  That is... sheep suck.

The greatest problem with sheep and their effect on the government... sheep clump together in great herds and when one reacts, they all react.  More like those large schools of little fish than sheep, but hey, the mascot has already been coined.  Of course as free thinking individualists, we tend to not clump together, as we all (mostly) would rather lead then follow.

I'm off track again...  The perfect ideal government I picture in my mind is good.  Everything else I'm going to bitch about, vote against and try to change any way I humbly can.

No, I don't believe we (as a group) are anti-government.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm Pro-Constitutional Government.

I'm anti-this current government.  They violate their own laws, their own constitution.

If they don't keep up their end of the deal, why should I favor keeping them?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:07:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I like to think of AR15.COM as a "big tent" party.

I bet if you you took a poll most of us would like to get together this summer at a gun-friendly campground and party in a big tent.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya, it's pretty sad that people who are pro constitution and pro gun are considered to be "radicals" and part of "fringe groups".

I don't know if it's gotten to the point where we'd be labled terrorists. But the demonization of guns is an almost daily occurence in the major media outlets. And those consitutional rights are being SLOWLY chipped away. Maybe not terrorists, but we are being labled as wackos for sure.

"Why would anybody NEED one of those rifles!?"
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not anti anything period......I am just a guns owner who happens to love the sport of target shooting. I want to know, to learn, to be educated, and to be responsible about guns. These are the reasons that I am here.  And with the acquired knowledge, I don't think that I am a threat to anyone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the threads about the deputy shooting the two SF trainees and then get back to us on this one.  AR15.com antigummint?  Hell, no!  Our membership just tends to favor one gummint organization over another.  Thus they tend to fall into categories like:
1.  The military can do no wrong!
2.  LEO can do no wrong!
or the more specialized:
3. MY Marine Corps can do no wrong!
4. My SO/PD can do no wrong!
5. SEALS can do no wrong
or the partisanship of:
6. GW can do no wrong!
7. The GOP can do no wrong!

Antigummint? You'll have to look elsewhere for that.  This place is just lousy with competing  gummint groupies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes. It is only a matter of time before someone alerts the Office of Homeland Defense that this is a "domestic terrorist" site.
View Quote

Heh, just wait until another Klinton wannabe leftist occupies the throne. THEN the Office of Homeland Defense and its proclamations will be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Office Of Fatherland Defense

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I am anti-liberal.  I support the US government and I like most of the things the current administration has done.
I would not consider ar15.com anti-government, though a vocal few of its members are.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I think the only part of the Constitution that many here have read is Article 2 of the Bill of Rights.......
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#15]
We share a common appreciation for that over which liberals would call us killers, crazies, etc: The Black Rifle.

We also tend toward a fairly strict reading of the Constitution, which liberals consider "a living document," in other words one that must change with public tastes.

The liberals in this society, through the press and activist groups, shape the public perception of issues they feel are important. They have shaped the gun debate into one with "sensible, safety-minded, it's for the children" types on one side, and us crazy, dangerous, extremist types on the other.

Apparently, it's valiant to be an extremist when it comes to abortion "rights," which are found nowhere in the Constitution, but an extremist when it comes to gun rights (see that pesky Second Amendment) is a danger to kids everywhere.

This logic makes my head hurt.

We're not anti-government, just anti-stupid-government.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Hell, Boyz, the original Founding Fathers of this Country were anti-government, as well!

As a matter of undisputable fact, if they were alive now and able to see this nation's government at work, there would definitely be another Revolution in sort order!

They threw tea into Boston Harbor when the tax rate was .02%, can you imagine what they'd think about a Form 1040EZ Income Tax return?

You know, the 'quickie' return?

God forbid you should show them the Form 1040 'long' form!

Eric The(Rebellious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
If I had the money there would have been an AR15.Com special forces unit operating in Afghanistan! [=D]
View Quote

Sign me up !  I'll fight with you....

since we're going into combat, do you think we could get an ammo LEGP?

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I just think it's scary that we could by some people who know nothing about us just right out call AR15.com an Anti-government group set to help or start the down fall of are present government.

I just think it's said when people don't know the difference between Patriot and Anti-government  these days. It all because are thoughts and ideas are different,UnPC and mostly we don't care if are thoughts and ideas are. I think we scare people because of how many of us there are out there that are will to do what has to be done at the right time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#21]
It is an American birthright to be anti-government.  Our Constitution put the power in the hands of the people instead of the government.  It is natural for us to bitch and complain when we think the government is intruding in our lives like trying to take away our guns and taxing us to death.

As far as AR15.com members I think we are a mixed group.  We are joined by our love of guns.  Most of us are conservatives but I would bet a months pay that at least a couple of the "regulars" voted for Gore or Klinton.  We also have some libertarians and some anarchist.  We also have some extreme right wing members.  I would also think that most people are hard working, law abiding good solid citizens.  I would also think that if the country really ever needed real patriots then the people on this site would be the ones to answer the call.  That is what separates us from the creeps that frequent web sites such as The Democratic Underground.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
People may think we're anti-gov, but I would imagine there are more patriots on this site than any other website.

I would defend this country with my dying breath if they would let me into the military. As it is I would come "runnning" if and when I was needed. I think most of us are the same.

Think back to Sept. 11th and how "moved" we all were to get something done. If I had the money there would have been an AR15.Com special forces unit operating in Afghanistan! [=D]
View Quote

Forming an army of AR-15.com'ers would be one hell of a fighting force. I can just imagine how other countries would flip out at the USA AR-15 mercinaries.  Well, not really mercs, more like 20,000 SoF's.  

If we each paid our own airfare to Afghanistan do you think the Green Berets would mind our help? Shipping all our equipment may require a few jumbo ocean liners. [:)]

As long as we all don't try to be the team leader this could work. It would be nice to train as a group sometime. Maybe over the summer...in a big campground...with all of us there. [50]

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i don't think there is anyone here that will deny we have the best system going on this planet.

There are many frustrated by the way certain things are going but i don't think any sane person is thinking armed insurection at this point. There is still time to turn things around and get our goverment of the people back to being for the people.

mike
View Quote

I swear to God Mike, you must be my alter ego. You say so many of the same things I say.

What this current govt needs is a tune-up, not an overhaul or, worse, replacement.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Anti gov't is Brady and Fiestein, plain and simple. We, many of us, shun gov't because it is not what we like. Another thread suggest taking kids out of public school. We need to remember what the gov't is. We, the people, need to embrace gov't again and vote for what is best for the country (ie: pro bill of rights). I hope that all the flags I've seen on cars and houses up my way vote this next Tues. with that in mind, and then remember to vote in the fall the same way. Vermont is a very gun friendly state, and we hope to keep it that way (check it out). We've done that by voting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
People may think we're anti-gov, but I would imagine there are more patriots on this site than any other website.

I would defend this country with my dying breath if they would let me into the military. As it is I would come "runnning" if and when I was needed. I think most of us are the same.

Think back to Sept. 11th and how "moved" we all were to get something done. If I had the money there would have been an AR15.Com special forces unit operating in Afghanistan! [=D]
View Quote

Forming an army of AR-15.com'ers would be one hell of a fighting force. I can just imagine how other countries would flip out at the USA AR-15 mercinaries.  Well, not really mercs, more like 20,000 SoF's.  

If we each paid our own airfare to Afghanistan do you think the Green Berets would mind our help? Shipping all our equipment may require a few jumbo ocean liners. [:)]

As long as we all don't try to be the team leader this could work. It would be nice to train as a group sometime. Maybe over the summer...in a big campground...with all of us there. [50]

View Quote

Or we could just have it around May 31-June 2 2002  [rocket]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Over the last five or so years I've become very anti-federal government.  I distrust big government because it quickly becomes corrupt and operates more like a mafia than a public service.  We see the symptoms of it every day.  Just look at the DEA, ATF or the IRS--absolute thuggery.  

I'm an anarchist in the sense that I would like to see less government, but let me be clear--it's not that I want "none at all" it's that I want some common sense back in the system which would automatically lead to less government.  It is sorely needed.  Yeah, I bitch a lot, but that's what this site is for.  I try to affect change by debating others and offering different viewpoints.  

I do feel that our federal system is hopelessly bureaucratic and corrupt.  Real changes are badly needed before we sink to the next level of hell.  At the state level, the amount of corruption varies, but here in NC I see the same pattern over and over--budgets get increases, taxes get increased.  In good times and bad, government only gets bigger.  I just wonder when it is going to get so big that it eats up everything and everyone.  At some point all these idiotic programs and special interests do far more harm than good, you know?  I am force to help pay for them, but I benefit from none.

As far as being a patriot, I am not one.  A patriot is a mindless follower.  I am not mindless, nor am I a follower.  Invoking the patriot phrase is about tugging on people's heart strings and using nostalgic propaganda for some devious purpose.  It serves no  purpose than to confuse rational thinking.  The heroes of the American revolution did not call themselves patriots at the time--the only "patriots" were the Tories, because the King was the only rightful government in 1776.

After 9/11 "patriots" all plastered their cars with American flags.  They reacted out of fear.  I did not.  I was disgusted, and rightly so--$400Billion defense budget, and we get 9/11.  Something is very, very wrong.  Statism and patriotism go hand in hand, unfortunately.  SSnitches and cowards are what most of these people are, I want nothing to do with them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I am a Patriot. It is a Patriot's Duty to defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Simple. THIS IS MY COUNTRY. I was born here and will defend it, and it's Charter to the death.
If you want to look for Anti-government agents look to the politicians that swear an oath to the Constitution, then actively go about destroying the very Constitution itself. There are plenty to chose from...

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#28]
btt
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I believe the term would be Militia if 20,000 of us formed a unit...uh, group, uh, Big Boys Toy Club.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Yup. Now you all are conspiring to form a private army to commit treason and/or sedition.

The ADL (hi MARK), SPLC, and OHD will now be watching each and everyone of you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm pro-government.  I think many of us believe that the government has become a huge lumbering juggernaut that has lost sight of it's true purpose... to defend the people and their rights and freedoms.  I for one believe this.

Right ON!

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I just think that anyone can just say that the people on AR15.com are a anti-government and  looking for the time to over throw it. Then Goatboy would be locked up as are ring leader.

Edited to I spelled that with a 6
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tayous1, I just got back from the Sale Barn in Bloomtown.  I hoped to see you there, even though I have no idea what you look like.  [rolleyes]  I was the dufuss walking around with a 20mm ammo can in each hand.  
View Quote

I would not know what is at the Sale barn right now? I'm taking care of my son right now. But if there is anything good I could take him here with me he at 21 months loves my Glock and 12ga.

Anyway I hope to be at the BRC in May the wife has ok it and said that we could go if we both don't work.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would not know what is at the Sale barn right now?  
View Quote

[size=6]GUN SHOW!!![/size=6]

Today and tomorrow.  51 South on the west side of the road on the south end of Bloomington.  
View Quote

If that isa so I think I'm going to have to go on Sunday maybe I'll see you there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
As far as I know, I can be uniquely identified by those initials and my state...
View Quote

Regardless of any bogus name you might use, you would be sorely mistaken if you thought for one minute that you have any true anonimity on the internet. While you do to casual users, sophisticated technical people and LEO can find you easily.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is pretty good for a small one.  (Indy 1500 tends to spoil one)  I bought two 20mm ammo cans for $15.00 total.  Also, a Beta Corp. mag loader (stripper clip type) for $23.00, and a 1000 rd. case of Wolf 7.62X39 HP for $84.00 out the door.  I have an FFL and can't get it that cheap.  I plan to go back.  I left a message on ColtShorty's machine.  If he wants to I will for sure.  Weather sucks though.  Hopefully, I'll see you.  I'll have an Army M-65 woodland camo jacket and a tan "Molon Labe" hat on.  
View Quote

I'll have the same hat on as you but I'll have a black Chicgo PD jacket on and a 21 month old baby with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top