Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 6:34:37 AM EDT
I recently had back surgery, and as part of the process my surgeon ordered that I need to have a nurse come out to my house once a day for 14 days to change my bandages and that I have to have a physical therapist come out 3 times per week for 4 weeks. Both the nurse and the PT are going to be women.

I am not too happy about this situation because it has the potential to blow up on me. I am a single guy who lives alone. All I have is my dog. That means that there won't be anyone here watching these sessions. If one of these broads is goofy and claims sexual harassment or rape then it's my word against theirs. The other threat is from crime. There is kind of a scary trend with these in home health care providers where the girlfriend works the job during the day to case victims for her boyfriend to rob at night. A single guy on heavy pain meds and is substantial pain might make a tempting target for a crook.

I think I'm getting too paranoid.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Nah, not paranoid.

Better safe than sorry.

Don't have any other single friends that you trust, who might be willing to come hang out for a while?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you seen the current crop of nurses, not lookers in the least and they're looking for some loving, I think you're gonna get raped. Your situation reminds me of  "Misery"

Godspeed
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I recently had back surgery, and as part of the process my surgeon ordered that I need to have a nurse come out to my house once a day for 14 days to change my bandages and that I have to have a physical therapist come out 3 times per week for 4 weeks. Both the nurse and the PT are going to be women.

I am not too happy about this situation because it has the potential to blow up on me. I am a single guy who lives alone. All I have is my dog. That means that there won't be anyone here watching these sessions. If one of these broads is goofy and claims sexual harassment or rape then it's my word against theirs. The other threat is from crime. There is kind of a scary trend with these in home health care providers where the girlfriend works the job during the day to case victims for her boyfriend to rob at night. A single guy on heavy pain meds and is substantial pain might make a tempting target for a crook.

Lighten up Francis.

My wife is a Home health based Physical Therapist. You not dealing with some off the street, uneducated, welfare loving indivdual. They are medical professionals that probably make more money then you. 5 years of college for a PT, 2 for a PTA. I doubt they are looking to steal your shit.

I would assume about the same for an RN

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Nanny cam.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a pocketable digital recorder:

for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370307953670

cd quality audio on a flash card you can store on your pc.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#7]
That's possibly the most paranoid thing I've ever read here - or at least in the last 6 months.

I mean - really dude?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighten up Francis.

My wife is a Home health based Physical Therapist. You not dealing with some off the street, uneducated, welfare loving indivdual. They are medical professionals that probably make more money then you. 5 years of college for a PT, 2 for a PTA. I doubt they are looking to steal your shit.

Like everything else, I'm sure that most of the people doing this job are good, honest, hard working professionals looking to help people out. That said, there are most certainly scum bags out there doing these jobs. I get nervous anytime I'm inviting someone I don't know into my home, especially now that I am in a much more vulnerable position physically.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nanny cam.

DOH!

I've got a cam right on my computer.

I can record the whole thing right here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Lighten up Francis.

That is the 100 percent truth above.

My wife was one for a time.  These folks are professionals.  This is their job.  They are not looking to rip you off.  

Yes, you are being a bit paranoid.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighten up Francis.

Like everything else, I'm sure that most of the people doing this job are good, honest, hard working professionals looking to help people out. That said, there are most certainly scum bags out there doing these jobs. I get nervous anytime I'm inviting someone I don't know into my home, especially now that I am in a much more vulnerable position physically.

You should be nervous.

I'm in the same living situation and had home care from the VA.

It was creepy.

Strange people putting their hands on me and wandering around my house.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Take your meds and put on clean underwear.

It's gonna be ok.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#13]
CCTVFTW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top