Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 5:57:16 AM EDT
ok, i've got a couple of nephews (8 and 10) that are pretty cool. their dad isn't very big on them having toy guns or anything like that. so that of course means that i want to buy my nephews something evil. last time i saw them i told them to put numb chucks and throwing stars on their christmas wish list.......because they just might get them.

anyway, i need some ideas. i of course don't know what any of the hot new toys are this year......and i haven't set foot yet inside a mall or big store. so i don't even know what's out there. needing some ideas on an "evil" toy for these guys. something that isn't actually a toy gun, but that would still drive their dad crazy. like maybe a Jr bow and arrow set or something? so thought i'd turn here for ideas. TIA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
btt.....in dire need of some ideas here.....i don't usually shop for kids......
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
How much you wanting to spend?

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the new Nerf beltfeds.  Sumbitch comes with a tripod and everything.  Its like Santa and his elves got all coked up and decided to build the most badass toy ever.  Forget that no toy gun BS.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Ruger LCP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure whatever it is, it's noisy!  
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#7]
camping gear

tent, always fun even in the backyard

canteen

flashlight

sleeping bags, they can bring them over to your house when they visit

nerf football

a puppy.......oh yeah that's a good one, maybe a st bernard puppy, always cute, and a winner with kids.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You may not want to make your purchases along the lines of toy guns or bows 'n' arrows.  The money might end up wasted if the parentals decide to "put these away for when they're a little older."

My suggestion is a rocket set or camping gear.  I bought my nephew his first rocket set this year.  You can get a self-contained package (the rocket, launching pad, engine packs) in a hobby store for about $40.  Then buy the batteries separately (usually AA or AAA).  I also included extra rocket engines for another $8 or so, so that the rocket could be used multiple times in a single outing.  The advantage of the pre-prepared rocket set is that it doesn't require handy skills on the part of the less-able parentals.

For Christmas I bought my nephew his first sleeping bag.  And it wasn't just ANY sleeping bag.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]
rocket set.....that's a pretty good idea. the belt fed nerf gun sounds good too.......going to go google it now......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top