Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2009 6:58:17 PM EDT
My kids wants an Ipod for Christmas, I am absolutly stupid about these, I am looking at a nano for him and have a simple question, Can you upload songs that you have in your CPU onto this or do you need to pay crazy fees thru I Tunes????Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My kids wants an Ipod for Christmas, I am absolutly stupid about these, I am looking at a nano for him and have a simple question, Can you upload songs that you have in your CPU onto this or do you need to pay crazy fees thru I Tunes????Thanks in advance.

ipod nano is great. How old is your kid?

itunes is free, but required in order to manage your ipod. For the songs you have on your comp, you just import them into the itunes library, sync your ipod, and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The only reason you couldn't import the music you already have on your computer is if it has some other companies DRM on it's in some really odd format.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

And you'll find iTunes music store is actually really, really cheap compared to buying entire CD's

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
put a cd in your drive
drag it into itunes library

watch the music rip to data

dock the iPod

drag the music on to the ipod in iTunes
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Guy's my kid is 11 will be 12 and just getting into music so i thought this would be a great gift....I assume that WalMart has the best prices on them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
an ipod is an ipod.  period. they all do the same thing basically./ different Hard drive space, video, app, cellular capable.

HOWEVER< DO not purchase your music through Itunes !!!!!

AMAZON.com/mp3 is the way to go because there is no DMR on the music they sell. (can transfer it easier)

songs downloaded on itunes will ONLY play on ITUNES/Ipod...

hope that helps. gotta go my movie just finished buffering ;)
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Prices are mostly gonna be the same as far as ipods go. Walmart would be a good place to check for em..

Nano is a good choice, had one in iraq it survived, had a creative labs mp3 player and it didn't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't worry about it...I bought them for my kids two years ago...they figured it out in 2.4 seconds and now maintain mine

Merry Christmas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top