Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/18/2009 3:43:23 PM EDT
im going to be stuck here for 2 days according to the weatherman.two days of nonstop snowing..stuck in my truck,with just my laptop fer entertainment.what really sucks is this cheese company i work for will want to count this as my 34 hour reset so i wont get to go home just back on the road.im not going to be doing this long.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Have fun.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahh, the things I don't miss.. hang in there, lot lizards might be hard to find..
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Well...it could be worse.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yep on the side of a road low on fuel
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you need some cheese to go with that wine just open up the trailer
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]

what goes down......................
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

you deserve al franken
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
that really sucks
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, sorry bro. You in NC? I can drop by and bring ya some hookers and blo.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]
sucks,  I've been stuck in Colorado a couple of times due to blizzards

food, drink, entertainment if possible
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel your pain.. just recently made it home before it hit bad on my trip home from Utah.

no truckstop GF's hanging around there?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Where ya stuck at? Still not snowing in NOVA yet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Go to the bathroom and look for a hole in the stall. Ask for Butch.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]
at least you have arfcom
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#15]

My company will put me in a hotel if I get stuck somewhere.

-p.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
You can't drive 100 miles in the snow with an 80,000 pound truck?

Put that fucker in gear and get rolling driver!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

with an Obama sticker on your truck
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
im going to be stuck here for 2 days according to the weatherman.two days of nonstop snowing..stuck in my truck,with just my laptop fer entertainment.what really sucks is this cheese company i work for will want to count this as my 34 hour reset so i wont get to go home just back on the road.im not going to be doing this long.

Chain up and drive through it.......
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chains are for California trucks...  They need them out there!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Locked out of your truck in a Tee shirt at an undeveloped rest area on US 2 outside Minot ND at 3 in the morning with a temp of -32 and a 40 MPH wind......

( I actually took that call 2 years ago)
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#21]
This is Americana!

Take notes. Write a memoir.

You may be the next de Tocqueville.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chains are for California trucks...  They need them out there!

Actually Colorado and Oregon are the only 2 states that put you out of service for not having chains with you on a class 8 CMV....... The point being , anyone that runs lower 48 should have them on the truck right now....
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you deserve al franken

OWWWWWWW that hurt and was funny with AL (I object) Franken. As far as the snow just friggin drive you in VA are not going to get what we are getting up here. Here in NY we are getting more and we get NOTHING like they are getting in Alberta (where my cousin lives) hit the gas and go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As a Florida native, who has never driven in snow a day in my life, I have to ask the same question.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a Florida native, who has never driven in snow a day in my life, I have to ask the same question.

Driving in heavy snowfall is like driving through a kaleidoscope of white.  Hard to see in front of you.

Add to that every other person out there driving at 5 MPH and or plowing through and wrecking, you waste a lot of time and energy not going very far.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Where are you stopped. It started snowing in Emporia around 4:00pm today, and snow has now covered the ground and driveway here in Courtland.

Heard it's going to be worse the farther North you go in VA.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Driving in heavy snowfall is like driving through a kaleidoscope of white.  Hard to see in front of you.

Add to that every other person out there driving at 5 MPH and or plowing through and wrecking, you waste a lot of time and energy not going very far.

I've actually suffered through a couple southern snowstorms and I know they are a special type of hell.  No plows, no reflective markers, incompetent drivers, road surfaces not optimized for ice...  Yeah I was fucking with ya dude...

I'd put my feet up and get used to truck stop food and be glad you have wifi.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I woke up in my truck in Dale, IN one morning to find a fucking blizzard outside.

I had unloaded in Cape Girardeau, MO the previous night and driven out to Dale to lay it down prior to picking up at Crane NSWC.  There I was, a Texas boy who'd never driven a big truck in anything like that.  Empty.  I barely made it up one hill in Jasper (maybe it was Loogootee?) - I had to run up against the curb and use the sidewalls for traction.

Then again, handloading the truck in 14* and heavy winds and blowing snow was worse.

-p.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you deserve al franken

It was a joke I could not pass up I prefer to call him Stuart Smalley
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Well.. at least you have internet. You always have Arfcom.. and you could catch up on some flicks (online).
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#31]
dtap..
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like driving in a hurricane.

I've done that...and would do it again before I sat for two days only being 100 miles from home.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry to hear that man.

Allow me to present you with a friend for the next two days:

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I have sat on the interstate in Wyoming between Rawlins and Laramie more then once for a couple of days before they got the cars and trucks cleaned up on Elk mountain..in blizards.. carry food water and full tanks crossing Wyoming in the winter.. I carried microwave, referigerator,Tv,dvd,cd,vhs,xm, and a coffee pot..single burner camp stove and fuel for it in case the truck jelled up.. I wasn't going to freeze or even be uncomfortable.. a trash can and trash can liners work in an emergency for the personal needs..Just dispose of them Properly.. Please....
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where ya stuck at? Still not snowing in NOVA yet.

im in opal va on 29
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

im here on my 10 hr break bad timing
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we dont do chains
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I suggest funneling vodka.

You won't remember why you are stopped at the truckstop and it will keep you warm.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have sat on the interstate in Wyoming between Rawlins and Laramie more then once for a couple of days before they got the cars and trucks cleaned up on Elk mountain..in blizards.. carry food water and full tanks crossing Wyoming in the winter.. I carried microwave, referigerator,Tv,dvd,cd,vhs,xm, and a coffee pot..single burner camp stove and fuel for it in case the truck jelled up.. I wasn't going to freeze or even be uncomfortable.. a trash can and trash can liners work in an emergency for the personal needs..Just dispose of them Properly.. Please....

You mean tossing a Gatorade bottle full of piss out the window is not disposing of it properly?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drive for 2 hours to get home anyway..... Didnt they teach you how to fudge a logbook in driver training?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

we dont do chains

well that sucks
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Been there...it sux.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drive for 2 hours to get home anyway..... Didnt they teach you how to fudge a logbook in driver training?

our trucks have qual comm no cheating
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like driving in a hurricane.

I've done that...and would do it again before I sat for two days only being 100 miles from home.

Ha.  Driving in a hurricane aint nothin until you get to category 5.  Twenty years in FL and Ive driven in zero visibility torrential rain where you cant see the illuminated tail lights of the car in front of you, plenty of times.  Compared to a blizzard that aint shit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never seen an unfused Qualcomm ......

If it is a freightshaker, open the fuse panel on the passenger side, There will most likely be 2 wires coming in from the left top of the dash to a hole where a fuse would go , If one of those wires were to fall out of that hole , I suspect the Q-comm would stop working ( and of course need service the next time you are at a shop as your Qcomm quit on you))
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ANY break in signal or lapse in time NUST be explained and clarified or you get fired
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ANY break in signal or lapse in time NUST be explained and clarified or you get fired

See my edit

Or blow a fuse and stick it back in the Hole
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#48]
At least it's not Christmas.

Sorry bro.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Need some company Big Boy??
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thats bullshit

but hey at lest you have arfcom.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top