Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 1:03:20 PM EDT
One day I turned on my laptop(running windows 7) and I tried a google search and it was in spanish. I checked my girlfriends computer and it was also in Spanish. My Desktop was next and it was in Spanish. WTF. My desktop had not been on for a week.  I did try changing it in the preferences and it always defaults back to Spanish. I did a complete clean install of windows 7 on my desktop and hit explorer and it asked me if I wanted Spanish or English. AGHH!!. Installed firefox and still it's in spanish. Lets try the Opera browser, woops not English.  I changed all the settings and erased all the data and it always defaults back to Spanish. This has never happened before and even with my XP computer that I did an install on 2 years ago it has changed over from English. My copy of windows 7 is English and everything else on my computer is in English so why after a clean install would google not be English?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No tengo ninguna idea sino que pensaría que es un ajuste que usted puede cambiar
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No tengo ninguna idea sino que pensaría que es un ajuste que usted puede cambiar

Si, y pero tiene un gato en su patalones

_HMa
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure that Google automatically redirects you to the proper language homepage depending upon your IP address. Maybe for some reason your IP address is said to be assigned in another country.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

One day I turned on my laptop(running windows 7) and I tried a google search and it was in spanish. I checked my girlfriends computer and it was also in Spanish. My Desktop was next and it was in Spanish. WTF. My desktop had not been on for a week.  I did try changing it in the preferences and it always defaults back to Spanish. I did a complete clean install of windows 7 on my desktop and hit explorer and it asked me if I wanted Spanish or English. AGHH!!. Installed firefox and still it's in spanish. Lets try the Opera browser, woops not English.  I changed all the settings and erased all the data and it always defaults back to Spanish. This has never happened before and even with my XP computer that I did an install on 2 years ago it has changed over from English. My copy of windows 7 is English and everything else on my computer is in English so why after a clean install would google not be English?

Look around, you are actually in Mexico.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that Google automatically redirects you to the proper language homepage depending upon your IP address. Maybe for some reason your IP address is said to be assigned in another country.

Yep, you need to get a new IP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Click on " Configuración de búsqueda" in the top right corner of the google screen.  Change the first item on the page to english. Then click the box in the upper right corner to save.  Somebody's been messing with you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
press '1'
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was thinking about that. Maybe if I reset my router and reconfig everything it will stay English.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Ay caramba!

Donde esta las guapas?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
clearing router. I will update. Anyone for a taco?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
some sort of proxy issue?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This....

I have had google come up in Korean, Arabic, and German, depending on which part of the world I was in at the time...

If you use a proxy program like 'TOR' it will configure to the 'exit' IP addy

And of course, your GF could have set the language settings to 'Spanish' (delete cookies & reboot to clear this)....

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I fixed it. I just cleared the router and then reset my ssid and passphrase. Strange that would happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top