Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/18/2009 9:44:42 AM EDT
I'll be watching the Griz play tonight on ESPN. Wish they were playing up here in the snow though. That game last week was pretty awesome.

BTW... I'm an MSU Bobcat alumn in reality, but I still gotta support the home team for the championship.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Go Griz!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I graduated from App state.  I'm a little bitter, but it was a hell of a game last week.  We just dropped too many passes to deserve the win.  Good luck tonight
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been assured that it is impossible to have a playoff in college football to determine the national champion. All of you must be delusional.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
A bunch of my friends graduated from Stephen F Austin.

I'm pretty sure they all think y'all will win.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I graduated from App state.  I'm a little bitter, but it was a hell of a game last week.  We just dropped too many passes to deserve the win.  Good luck tonight

I hear ya. In this state, the vast majority of people are Griz fans. It's hard being a Bobcat fan. So it's always hard for me to be a Griz fan during the post-season because it makes me feel "dirty" at times...

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Go Griz!

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have been assured that it is impossible to have a playoff in college football to determine the national champion. All of you must be delusional.

I wonder how many Montana fans bought plane tickets with less than one-week advance notice.

That's one of the reasons I'm opposed to a playoff. It shuts out many fans from attending.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I was really hoping to see William & Mary in the championship, so I'll be rooting for Montana to kick the crap out of Nova.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya. In this state, the vast majority of people are Griz fans. It's hard being a Bobcat fan. So it's always hard for me to be a Griz fan during the post-season because it makes me feel "dirty" at times...

Alcohol helps with that.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A bunch of my friends graduated from Steven F Austin.

Wow... that game was a blow-out! I was sure they were going to give the Griz a run for their money. But it was like a highschool team against an NFL team as it turned-out.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder how many Montana fans bought plane tickets with less than one-week advance notice.

That's one of the reasons I'm opposed to a playoff. It shuts out many fans from attending.

That has to be the silliest reason imaginable. Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing it? Fans can watch the game on TV, like the overwhelming majority of them already do.  Last year over 26 million people watched the "national championship" game on TV. Only 78,468 attended the actual game. That is a 331:1 ratio.

If Texas were playing Alabama for the national championship on only one week's notice I GUARANTEE you the game would sell out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Alcohol helps with that.

I know... but I don't even drink. So I'm hosed...

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That has to be the silliest reason imaginable. Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing it? Fans can watch the game on TV, like the overwhelming majority of them already do. Last year over 26 million people watched the "national championship" game on TV. Only 78,468 attended the actual game. That is a 331:1 ratio.

If Texas were playing Alabama for the national championship on only one week's notice I GUARANTEE you the game would sell out.

And those 78,468 that attended? We're the one that donate the money to keep the big programs in business.

I barely consider the "overwhelming majority" that watched at home to be true fans.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That has to be the silliest reason imaginable. Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing it? Fans can watch the game on TV, like the overwhelming majority of them already do. Last year over 26 million people watched the "national championship" game on TV. Only 78,468 attended the actual game. That is a 331:1 ratio.

And those 78,468 that attended? We're the one that donate the money to keep the big programs in business.

I barely consider the "overwhelming majority" that watched at home to be true fans.

Got it. You're an elitist so the hoi poloi be damned.

Of course, I could reverse your argument and state that those who are unwilling to drop what they are doing in order to attend the national championship game on short notice are not "true fans."
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not a football watcher...too many b.s calls in the nfl dragged it out of me for years. never got into college ball.
but last week i watched the griz game and was amazed! shit if them guys didnt make the nfl look like a bunch of
outdated old farts. man the hit that guy took!.... would have broke me off in about seventeen different places.
 was an exciting watch.    yeah,.....Go Griz!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not a football watcher...too many b.s calls in the nfl dragged it out of me for years. never got into college ball.
but last week i watched the griz game and was amazed! shit if them guys didnt make the nfl look like a bunch of
outdated old farts. man the hit that guy took!.... would have broke me off in about seventeen different places.

Bet he's STILL hurtin' from that hit! Wonder if some of the fans who were there are are still cold as well...
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You are about to get hooked on the greatest sport in America.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#18]
It's hard not to beat a team with 10 turnovers in one game like s. Austin (isn't that a wrestler?) had.  I luke the fcs because you can't complain about too much. To be the champs you have to play your way through.  No bs like in the bcs "we had the same record but we beat.... We should be in that bowl.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course, I could reverse your argument and state that those who are unwilling to drop what they are doing in order to attend the national championship game on short notice are not "true fans."

Big donors that want to attend all of the games are also a reason that top programs generally don't play Thursday night ESPN games.

(unless those programs have recently fallen on hard times.)

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another "feel dirty" Bobcat Fan here.

GO GRIZZ!!!        And may God forgive Me for this transgression.

The Ol' Crew Chief

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Big donors that want to attend all of the games are also a reason that top programs generally don't play Thursday night ESPN games.

Like Texas/ Texas A&M?

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Texas/ Texas A&M?

Thanksgiving....a little different

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So these big donors don't want the chance to attend up to three additional home playoff games? Seriously? Our chairman of the board parks in the first row at Beaver Stadium and he would kill for one more game, let alone three. I know that I would love a couple of extra home games as well. <shrug>

BTW, you can make reservations weeks in advance and cancel them if your team doesn't win out in the playoffs. If you are such a major donor the couple hundred dollars this might cost you should not be too burdensome.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A bunch of my friends graduated from Stephen F Austin.

You know, considering how many interceptions there were, I think Jeremy Moses thought he was a grizzly or he at least wanted to be one...
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]
YOU FUCKING BET!!!!!

#75, Right Tackle, Chris Dyk- 6'9"/300lbs <––- My cousin and one of my best friends growing up.

I talked to him on Monday, he said they were more confident and felt better than they did last year.

GO GRIZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:

He also said that the coach said if anybody goes out drinking and partying like they did last year before the game than they wouldn't be playing, so we should get a better showing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So these big donors don't want the chance to attend up to three additional home playoff games? Seriously? Our chairman of the board parks in the first row at Beaver Stadium and he would kill for one more game, let alone three. I know that I would love a couple of extra home games as well. <shrug>

BTW, you can make reservations weeks in advance and cancel them if your team doesn't win out in the playoffs. If you are such a major donor the couple hundred dollars this might cost you should not be too burdensome.

Oh, I'd love to have a few more games. But I can't plan my life seven days at a time.

And you can't make reservations weeks in advance because you don't know who/where you'll be playing (unless you're suggesting to play all playoff games at pre-determined neutral sites)

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We'll have to use Simple Green or something to clean-up after the season's over.

BTW... I don't own any griz clothing. I always wear my Cat stuff before griz games. I will root for them, but can't bring myself to wear the colors.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I'd love to have a few more games. But I can't plan my life seven days at a time.

And you can't make reservations weeks in advance because you don't know who/where you'll be playing (unless you're suggesting to play all playoff games at pre-determined neutral sites)

The National Championship Game is already scheduled as to time and location before the season starts. I bet if your job requires short notice travel you somehow manage to survive. I know I do.

I guess this whole argument boils down to you would rather see a silly beauty contest used to pick who plays for the title so you can plan your travel schedule months in advance. So much for being a "true fan." You want to be entertained at your convenience, competition be damned.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The National Championship Game is already scheduled as to time and location before the season starts. I bet if your job requires short notice travel you somehow manage to survive. I know I do.

I guess this whole argument boils down to you would rather see a silly beauty contest used to pick who plays for the title so you can plan your travel schedule months in advance. So much for being a "true fan." You want to be entertained at your convenience, competition be damned.

I would actually prefer the old way....conference tie-ins with specific bowls.

I could re-book my standing reservation for the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon St. and enjoy New Years in the Big Easy.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know of at least 4 people that did, but they were all related to me, thus related to one of the players so it's a little different than simply being a fan.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I personally would LOVE to see some of the best from "lesser" divisions get a shot at the big guys. Yeah, most of the time they'd get stomped. But some of the time the "little" guy would beat Goliath and that would make for AWESOME watching.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I fish a lot in Bozeman and Missoula. . .great places to visit!  I  was just there a month ago.

College football is my favorite. . .Go Montana!

What a game that Montana/App. State game was!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally would LOVE to see some of the best from "lesser" divisions get a shot at the big guys. Yeah, most of the time they'd get stomped. But some of the time the "little" guy would beat Goliath and that would make for AWESOME watching.

That's why I like watching the NCAA basketball tourney. . .where a Princeton can beat a UCLA.

I thought it was neat when App. State beat Michigan in football a couple of years back.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I thought last week's game was one of the most entertaining I've seen all year.  I was pulling for App. State because Jerry Moore is a former Husker asst. coach, but Montana's really good, too.  I hope they win tonight....they're fun to watch.

HH
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I like watching the NCAA basketball tourney. . .where a Princeton can beat a UCLA.

I thought it was neat when App. State beat Michigan in football a couple of years back.

Indeed! That's why (unless it's one of my teams they're playing against), I always root for the underdog. It's good for the big guys to get humbled once in a while.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I thought last week's game was one of the most entertaining I've seen all year.  I was pulling for App. State because Jerry Moore is a former Husker asst. coach, but Montana's really good, too.  I hope they win tonight....they're fun to watch.

HH

The pundits on MNF were even impressed with that game. Coach Ditka seemed to enjoy it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Go Griz!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#38]
ARRGH  Strings out!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll be watching the Griz play tonight on ESPN. Wish they were playing up here in the snow though. That game last week was pretty awesome.

BTW... I'm an MSU Bobcat alumn in reality, but I still gotta support the home team for the championship.

Ditto your whole post - I'm also Bobcat Alumni, (Go Cats!) watching from VA where I've got 4" of snow in the driveway already and it's not supposed to stop until Sunday morning.  

Don't normally root for the damn Griz, but I'll make an exception in this case.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll have to use Simple Green or something to clean-up after the season's over.

BTW... I don't own any griz clothing. I always wear my Cat stuff before griz games. I will root for them, but can't bring myself to wear the colors.

"My name is Shawn and I'm also a Bobcat who has rooted for the Griz."  

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.....

Let me know how you decide to apply that simple green, because I'll need to do the same.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#41]
"Up with Montana boys...."

UM Grad, 1995.

Go Grizzlies!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#42]
GO GRIZ!

watching it right now.

that was damn smart of lebsock to stay in the endzone and not try to run it out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Watching right now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Sweet
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#45]
TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Villanova misses the extra point......
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#47]
fuck!

griz better tighten it up. there runnin loose
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Nova has some athletes.  They run a Very tough offense to defend
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#49]
are the griz really down 2 at this point?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top