Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:27:25 PM EDT
Story Link

ESHAWAR - At least 17 people were killed when US multiple drones rained down missiles on North Waziristan, considered a safe haven for many militants including groups determined to push the US and Nato out of Afghanistan.
In the deadliest attack on Thursday evening, at least 15 people including seven foreigners were killed and several others injured when five US drones fired ten missiles on the suspected base of Taliban militants in Ambor Shaga and Degan area of the North Waziristan Agency.
Sources said the attack was the second of its kind in a day as the morning attack had also claimed two lives.
According to details, US drones targeted houses of tribesmen and when people gathered at the site, four more drones fired nine more missiles, which resulted in huge casualties.
So far, neither the US nor Nato forces camping across the border or Pakistani authorities have issued any statement regarding missile strikes.
However, local sources in Miranshah have confirmed the attack. It is believed that one of the important commanders of Al-Qaeda was also killed in the attack.
Agencies add: The officials said the second strike was the bloodiest attack.
It was not clear which groups were targeted, with North Waziristan rife with Taliban militants, Al-Qaeda fighters and members of the Haqqani network, a powerful group known for staging attacks on foreign troops in Afghanistan.
In the deadliest attack on Thursday evening, multiple drones launched an onslaught in the evening on several houses Ambor Shaga area, about 30km west of the main district town Miranshah.
The dead included up to seven Arabs and one was a well-known Al-Qaeda commander named Zuhaib al-Zahibi, according to an intelligence official in Miranshah.
The nationalities of those foreigners, who were killed in the deadly strikes, could not be immediately established, the officials said on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to media.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Good shot but you would think did the aim one missle per person or are the terrorist so afraid of drones that they have to stand 50 feet away from each other
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if the recipients were watching the live feeds to their own funerals

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=970691

eta-toooooooo late.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It is the will of Allah.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if they were watching it coming on the $27 monitor they got at Radio Shack

That was the first thought that came to mind...
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I wonder if they were watching it coming on the $27 monitor they got at Radio Shack?  

Oh sheeet, oh sheeet, dat look like our house!!! Allah akbar!!! Ayeeeeeeee!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It is the will of Allahta Marines.

There, fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Is Obama accelerating the use of drone attacks? They're even more in the news these days.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
TAG for pix of alisolama hacking and monitoring his own doom.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a lot of missiles to get 17 people, but talk about a major butt kicking having all of that coming down on you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wonder if they were watching it coming on the $27 monitor they got at Radio Shack?  

This was my first thought.

Where're all those UAV kool-aid drinkers now?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Good shot but you would think did the aim one missle per person or are the terrorist so afraid of drones that they have to stand 50 feet away from each other

Sounds like they hit a terrorist base, indicating firing on separate structures...

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Akmed, doesn't that look like our hut.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope they got to see them selves die on their laptop.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#16]
God bless the machines.

i'm just waiting for them to be self-aware some day

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#17]
dont want to die? dont consort with the enemy.  its not a difficult concept
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Man would i like to see a vid of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top