Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]

They are going to need a shitload of carbon credits.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

's'ok.   Hillary says we're going to front them 100mill bill worth.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dammit!  Beat me to it.

But I concur.  Several metric shit-tons, to be more precise.

I'd like to learn how much this will ash, carbon, etc. it'll spit into the air compared to historical industrial output.  The comparison will be telling, & probably contribute more weight to the facts against the  'man = global warming criminal' myth.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be willing to bet that any volcanic eruption dumps more "greenhouse gasses" and "carbon" into the air in a week than all of human civilization has in the last century.  Fucking eco-tards.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'd be willing to bet that any volcanic eruption dumps more "greenhouse gasses" and "carbon" into the air in a week than all of human civilization has in the last century.  Fucking eco-tards.

From a website about volcanic eruption effects from the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo (Philippine Islands) by the USGS:

Sulfate aerosol formed in the stratosphere from
sulfur dioxide in the Pinatubo cloud increased the reflection of radiation
from the Sun back into space. Consequently, the Earth's surface cooled in
the three years following the eruption, by as much as 1.3 degrees (
Fahrenheit scale) at the height of the effect.

Hmmm.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
From my air pollution class i just finished teaching:

CO2 – Global volcano emissions are about 145-245 billion tons per year
CO2 emissions by man are 30 billion tons per year

Yeah, we're the cause of it all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess global warming is somehow responsible for this volcano getting ready to pop it's cork.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Google Mt. Tambura(sp?) and the year without a summer.  1815 IIRC
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

From a website about volcanic eruption effects from the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo (Philippine Islands) by the USGS:

Sulfate aerosol formed in the stratosphere fromsulfur dioxide in the Pinatubo cloud increased the reflection of radiationfrom the Sun back into space. Consequently, the Earth's surface cooled inthe three years following the eruption, by as much as 1.3 degrees (Fahrenheit scale) at the height of the effect.

Hmmm.

Wait, that's the solution to global warming!!!!!!!!!

Just a minute.........the earth was actually cooling during a time when algore said it was getting hotter???

Say it ain't so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top