Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/17/2009 11:54:37 AM EDT
"Dear xxxxx,

Planned Parenthood Advocates of Virginia is pleased to announce that our 'Trust Women, Respect Choice' license plate is now available for pre-order. The funds generated from the sale of these plates will go directly to Planned Parenthood affiliates across the state to provide critical prevention services. Absolutely no revenue will go towards abortion-related care. Instead, the money will be used to provide annual gynecological exams, sexually transmitted infection testing, and follow-up care for underinsured and uninsured patients. Click here to learn more about Planned Parenthood's services.

When the Virginia General Assembly convenes on January 13, 2010, Planned Parenthood will be introducing legislation to make the pro-choice license plate law. But, we must demonstrate the demand for the license plate to legislators: we must sell 350 plates before we can proceed. So, after you pre-order your plate, please be sure to pass the word along to all of your pro-choice friends, family, and colleagues. It is our hope to see the 'Trust Women, Respect Choice' license plate on the car of every advocate in Virginia.

Click here to learn more about the plate, download the application, and see frequently asked questions. We look forward to the successful sale of the license plates!

Happy Holidays, Planned Parenthood"
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying hard to think of a better way to get somebody to shoot at you in traffic.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm trying hard to think of a better way to get somebody to shoot at you in traffic.

Yeah, no kidding. The fundamentalists in Virginia will feel compelled to do so "by God,"
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding. The fundamentalists in Virginia will feel compelled to do so "by God,"
news flash, there are far more babies killed by abortion than abortion providers killed by crazies.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

True.  The "pro-life" crowd can get violent.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So, what's gonna be the cheerful little illustration on the plate? A bent coat hanger with the words "Choose Death"?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't care.

Now, drive around with an OBAMA sticker on you're car and you'r getting a lung full of soot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, what's gonna be the cheerful little illustration on the plate? A bent coat hanger with the words "Choose Death"?

No, that is what happens when abortion is made illegal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as voilent as burning a baby out of a womb, thats Jeffery Dahmer shit right there,.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Before you people gripe too much, understand that VA law makes it VERY easy to get a new category of personalized plate.  There are now more than 200 different plate categories, including ones like these:

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=IFV

With this many, there are bound to be some that an individual objects to...
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

news flash, there are far more babies killed by abortion than abortion providers killed by crazies.

Does that justify killing the abortion providers?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By definition, the pro-life crowd does not murder. Stop being deliberately dishonest and use a better word.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#15]
No fucking shame.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. You are taking the actions of inconsistent pro-lifers and applying them to the pro-life position.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Fock all those murderers...
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Gotta love the pro-life murderers.

RoP?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#20]
The implication of the plate's wording that pro-lifers don't trust women is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you think this one also ruffles some feathers?

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=NRA
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

By definition, the pro-life crowd does not murder. Stop being deliberately dishonest and use a better word.

And by definition, "pro-choice" does not necessarily mean "pro-abortion".
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're picking the wrong crowd to argue with, buddy.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Abortion.  One thing you right wingers want to use the government to control people.  What happened getting the government to stop controlling what you can and cant do?  Guess in this case its ok.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, but it could provide for a WHOOLE lot of fun

I'm no fan of abortions, but I HATE the "pro-life" crowd so much, I wish I could drive through their protest lines at 100mph in a snowplow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What's the problem?

The pro-life advocates got license plates approved in March or this year.  If one side of a divisive social and political issue is allowed to use the state's license plates as a bill-board for their views, it seems only fair to allow the other side to do so as well.

Coming soon MANBLA Personalized plates
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As can the "pro choice" crowd.

I was reading a story today in the Washington Post about an abandoned baby that was found by a pair of teenagers in 1989.  That abandoned baby is now 20 years old....and an attractive college student that located her finders through Facebook.  

So the mere passage through the vagina, or uterine wall, is what separates a "fetus" from a human????
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets wait and see how many pro-lifers here on ARF advocate violence towards pro-choicers/abortion providers.

Whats the over/under?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I look at most of the people getting abortions and I figure, "Why would I want them raising and indoctrinating another person? Or creating another mouth for my tax dollars to feed."

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As can the "pro choice" crowd.

I was reading a story today in the Washington Post about an abandoned baby that was found by a pair of teenagers in 1989.  That abandoned baby is now 20 years old....and an attractive college student that located her finders through Facebook.  

So the mere passage through the vagina, or uterine wall, is what separates a "fetus" from a human????

I must be blind, you're going to have to show me where the violence is there.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You're picking the wrong crowd to argue with, buddy.

Is he really?  Because I agree with him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#32]
The message is ironic.  I do trust certain woman, but why in hell would anyone trust a woman that chooses to kill her own children.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"Dear xxxxx,

Planned Parenthood Advocates of Virginia is pleased to announce that our 'Trust Women, Respect Choice' license plate is now available for pre-order. The funds generated from the sale of these plates will go directly to Planned Parenthood affiliates across the state to provide critical prevention services. Absolutely no revenue will go towards abortion-related care. Instead, the money will be used to provide annual gynecological exams, sexually transmitted infection testing, and follow-up care for underinsured and uninsured patients. Click here to learn more about Planned Parenthood's services.

When the Virginia General Assembly convenes on January 13, 2010, Planned Parenthood will be introducing legislation to make the pro-choice license plate law. But, we must demonstrate the demand for the license plate to legislators: we must sell 350 plates before we can proceed. So, after you pre-order your plate, please be sure to pass the word along to all of your pro-choice friends, family, and colleagues. It is our hope to see the 'Trust Women, Respect Choice' license plate on the car of every advocate in Virginia.

Click here to learn more about the plate, download the application, and see frequently asked questions. We look forward to the successful sale of the license plates!

Happy Holidays, Planned Parenthood"

So if the "pro-choice" viewpoint isn't morally wrong, why on Earth would Planned Parenthood insert this qualifier?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The message is ironic.  I do trust certain woman, but why in hell would anyone trust a woman that chooses to kill her own children.  

This...

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone should tell them that, some of them seem to have missed the memo.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Abortion.  One thing you right wingers want to use the government to control people.  What happened getting the government to stop controlling what you can and cant do?  Guess in this case its ok.

At the risk of being flamed, I'm gonna be all crazy here and say maybe it's because we are against the legalization of MURDER????

Gun banners have no respect for life.  Abortion advocates have no respect for life.

Seems pretty fucking consistent to me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I look at most of the people getting abortions and I figure, "Why would I want them raising and indoctrinating another person? Or creating another mouth for my tax dollars to feed."

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?
So, that guy who shot the Florida doctor did not commit murder?
Also, i've found that most "pro-life" people also tend to be pro-death penalty.
I would say they are not "pro-life" just pro certain kinds of life. But then again aren't we all?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#41]
And I hope they legalize these plates...

I can't wait to hear the tales of woe when their cars are keyed and when other drivers treat them less courteously than normal.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

What's the problem?

The pro-life advocates got license plates approved in March or this year.  If one side of a divisive social and political issue is allowed to use the state's license plates as a bill-board for their views, it seems only fair to allow the other side to do so as well.

Yeah, we've had these in Ohio for years now.

If the pro life people get a plate, it's only fair that the baby killers get a plate, too.  

i.e. what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Eugenics was very popular in the 1930's.  Not just in Germany, but all over the world.   It is still the best argument in favor of abortion, for those who don't believe in morality or karma.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

You would be REALLY suprised if you knew who in your circle of friends has had an abortion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Do you think this one also ruffles some feathers?

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=NRA

If they had these in Ohio, I would buy more cars just so I could have more of these plates.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I ever say it was?  Or did I say the ones doing it were crazy?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?
So, that guy who shot the Florida doctor did not commit murder?
Also, i've found that most "pro-life" people also tend to be pro-death penalty.
I would say they are not "pro-life" just pro certain kinds of life. But then again aren't we all?

I'm anti-death penalty but your post is full of fail.  Executing a convicted criminal is a lot different than executing an innocent child.  It is done after due process of law and in keeping with our constitution.  I still don't agree with it, but it's a fuck of a lot more ethical.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's extraordinarily rare that pro-lifers "shoot at you in traffic."  

As far as I know, the tally stands at about 50 Million to 2 –– and the vast majority of the pro-life community (including me) deplores those 2 murders that were commited.  Murder's not something we stand for, whether it's murder of children or murder of adults.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

You would be REALLY suprised if you knew who in your circle of friends has had an abortion.

I don't have any friends so there...

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

I don't have any friends so there...

I can't argue the math on that one...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top