Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2002 2:08:06 PM EDT
Looked like a pretty tough mission although I think luck is involved.

How about Helveston? Fair play, or is he a punk Sh*t?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
"Psy-Ops, Psy-Ops, Psy-Ops..."  made ME feel like shooting the dude.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys,  I happen to know the Bravo team member, Jody Taylor, and from what he has said most of the guys on the show thought that Helveston was/is a jerk!  Those guys should open up a can of woopa** on him!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Whether you think he's a jerk or not, Helveston had Alpha completely psyched out.
He is trying to Win the money like everyone else on the show.
I was LOL when he made that "shotgun " comment.
Let's not see/hear anymore of Alpha whining. I hope those Alpha guys aren't                
representative of what our Elite Forces are made of.
I'm probably one of a small few on this board who actually likes the show.
It may be a bit cheesy/fake, but it's better than just about everything else on TV.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Is he a dick?  Sure.  Is he winning?  Sure.  Is he helping his team?  Sure.  Is he fighting fair?  Depends on what fair is.  Is he following the "Never fight fair" doctrine?  Sounds like it.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that if nobody was reacting to Helveston's antics, he'd be a jackass, and an embarassment.

In reality, however, Alpha self destructed as a direct result of his VERBAL attacks.  That one surfer looking SEAL:"I'm so mad now I could CRY!"  WTF?  

Which is more embarassing, a guy slinging shit or 3 seals freaking out becasue their opponent isn't playing "nice."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought those guys went through some serious mind F-ing during training.

The embarassment is Alpha, first they cheated and pussed out when confronted, then O'girlie let French take the fall for that, then they turned into my little sister just because Halveston goaded them.

How about that snakepit meeting, "Who'se not happy/having fun?"

Sounds like a trick question from boot camp, I would have laughed if the sgtmaj said grab your PT gear, we'll go have some fun.

Is it just me, or do those Alpha guys need pamprin?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate being an armchair commando, but some of those guys shooting the M4s at 25yrds made ME look good!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate being an armchair commando, but some of those guys shooting the M4s at 25yrds made ME look good!
View Quote

I was just going to say!
WTF????
25yrds.with a rifle!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
six navy seals fouled up a simple shooting exercise...made me frown?? Although, did anybody notice that the sights where turned way up high on those rifles. They sure as hell were not in the 8/3 or 6/3 position but probably somewhere in the 500 or 600 meter position.

As far as Halveston is concerned, my humble opinion. He wants to win, so he got into their heads and it worked. He helped win his team the premission exercises but also the mission itself. And alpha is complaining fairness. It pays to be a winner.....to use their own training motivational.

Last mission they just couldn't understand THEY cheated by covering  the hostage with a poncho. And now they are complaining.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just going to say!
WTF????
25yrds.with a rifle!
View Quote

Judging from the blue barrels and clear magazines they were using, I think they were shooting Simunition.  I've never used Simunition myself, but I think it's plastic frangible bullets and I would expect some loss of accuracy.

Anyone have more info ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't think that Simunitions would cut clean holes in targets with a cardboard backing at 25 meters. Seems like that might sting quite a bit. It isn't just paint filled capsules?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Delta team was putting some good hits in the black, where as Alpha was low.

But then again, like I said, I noticed some of the sights turned up way up there at about 500 to 600 meters.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
By the way, did anyone catch the "negligent discharge" on the episode a couple of weeks ago? It was during the exercise where they had to assemble and fire weapons from parts, one guy, I'm not sure who, succeeded in assembling an M4/M16, and upon cycling the bolt the weapon fired in the the direction of two guys standing to the left, who's only reply was "Whoa!"
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]
What I saw that was odd and not brought up here was the backstop for their targets, it was the chainlink fence and cammo. Maybe they where shooting blanks and the bullet holes where holywood squibs?? Just like a saop-opera??

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Scott Helvenston is a real asshole. He can fight on my team any day of the week :)

Those Alpha team guys are the real embarassment to their services, especially the team leader. If the grade-school level shit (and they were right about that - the only thing I couldn't figure out is why it bothered them so much) that Helvenston was throwing at them could rain on his parade that hard, I really hate to think what he'd be like when he's getting shot at.

Simunitions will definitely put holes in paper, and they do hurt. I have heard that point blank head shots can be (have been?) lethal. It's not paintball!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of Alpha teams shots were low... some were high.
Like Halveston said, it looked like they were shooting buckshot.
Even if the sights were off, how about a group?
Something under 3 inches maybe?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Okay, it's a game and they are playing for money, but. I still think Helveston is an assh*le.

However, it's the other guys fault if they let this crap have any effect.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#17]
That guy taunting with "You aint got no honor" was really pissing me off.  I believe they were using .22lr kits on the firing range (there was a quick glimpse of the carrier in one shot and it wasnt a normal carrier), they only used aluminum mags in the guns (IIRC), so they could have either been using KKF converted Ciener mags or the USAF .22 kit (where the magazine slips into a USGI magazine and is held in place by the feed lips and follower).

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top